IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

New To Forum, New To Lexus ('01 GGP IS300)

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-10, 12:14 AM
the.wong.k
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welcome and nice IS, any plans on removing the sidemarkers and just molding in the hole?
Old 02-23-10, 09:44 AM
josh99ta
Driver School Candidate

That's more work than I'm wanting to get into, but I am *THIS* close to just removing the bulb entirely and painting the side markers GGP so that they basically disappear. I just want to make sure I have some amber up front somewhere for turn signals, but the headlights should have me covered there. If I do this I'm going to get yellow overlays for the fogs. I think that would look pretty good.

Otherwise I'm just going to Niteshades the front side markers and leave the bulbs in and leave the fogs alone also.
Old 02-23-10, 11:12 AM
sway162
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do the yellow overlays, it looks clean.

Get it from Aerotect. Where I got mine from...legit
http://aerotect.net/catalog/product_...e52f9a365dac46

Here's mine:
Old 02-23-10, 04:20 PM
josh99ta
Driver School Candidate

Hey sway, the picture doesn't work. Right now I'm pretty set on the yellow overlays and painting the side markers GGP. I think whenever I replace the shocks I'm going to do some lowering springs too, either H&Rs or the Road Magnets I see some of the guys running around here (or maybe Tanabe springs). I don't need it slammed, don't need to adjust height, just want it a little bit lower. I still want it to ride as close to stock as possible too. I think between that, a RMM lip, and either some silver ASA AS1 18x8 +40 or hypersilver Linea Corse Lemans 18x8.5 +30 wheels (look like BBS LMs) it'll really set the car off (probably go with the Linea Corse wheels).

Getting the windows retinted this weekend. Can't wait.
Old 02-24-10, 06:15 PM
josh99ta
Driver School Candidate

Debadged the trunk lid except for the "L" and it looks a ton better. Tried to find some Testors transparent paint for the taillights but could only find it in airbrush applications. Couldn't find any so I'm going to order some red out taillight vinyl off of ebay and give that a shot (along with the yellow out film for the fogs). I need to find a good place online to buy some GGP in a spray can so I can get these side markers blending in a bit better also. Going to get new tint this weekend. Just these few little details I think will bring the car up a solid notch.
Old 02-25-10, 06:38 AM
LexusGSXR
Lead Lap

heres a point of view.. of tinted sidemarkers.

this shows what front tinted sidemarkers looks like on GGP.

and the rear

Old 02-26-10, 06:54 AM
josh99ta
Driver School Candidate

That blends in really well and ties in with the tinted windows too. I'm going to try to find either Niteshades somewhere locally today or some paint close to GGP that I can paint them. I've heard Duplicolor Metalcast Smoke works a lot like Niteshades too.
Old 02-26-10, 07:51 AM
sway162
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by josh99ta
Hey sway, the picture doesn't work. Right now I'm pretty set on the yellow overlays and painting the side markers GGP. I think whenever I replace the shocks I'm going to do some lowering springs too, either H&Rs or the Road Magnets I see some of the guys running around here (or maybe Tanabe springs). I don't need it slammed, don't need to adjust height, just want it a little bit lower. I still want it to ride as close to stock as possible too. I think between that, a RMM lip, and either some silver ASA AS1 18x8 +40 or hypersilver Linea Corse Lemans 18x8.5 +30 wheels (look like BBS LMs) it'll really set the car off (probably go with the Linea Corse wheels).

Getting the windows retinted this weekend. Can't wait.
Sorry about that....here's the pic:

Should see it now!

As for lowering springs....I am on Eibach Pro-Kit springs. I didn't want the slam look so I went with the Pro-kit. It's a modest drop of a lil over 1" all around for the sedan I think. But for my Sportcross it's about 1.1" up front and 1.5" rear.
Old 02-26-10, 02:44 PM
josh99ta
Driver School Candidate

Looks really good, especially on the silver. I think it should look equally as good on GGP. I have yellow film for the fogs ordered and red film for the taillights ordered, so I'll probably be working on that next weekend as it should come in early next week. Can't wait to get those two things done.

Today I did a little work. I had one fog light out since I bought the car so I replaced it. I also pulled the side marker bulbs completely out, then painted the side markers GGP (I found some spray paint at Pep Boys for Toyota called Graphite Gray Metallic and it's a perfect match), so they blend right in. Now I just need to get some chrome bulbs for the turn signals in the headlights so that they'll still light up orange, but otherwise be chrome and take the orange color out of the headlight when not in use. Between that and the yellow fog overlays it should clean up the front end a good bit, then just add a lip and the front will be done.

Then just to do the overlays in the rear to red out the tails, and paint the calipers (probably red), and that should pretty much finish off the outside of the car minus a drop.

Still stoked about the tint tomorrow. Every car I've owned for the past, oh, five years has had 20% all around and 45% on the whole windshield. I can't stand this purple tint and can't stand the windshield being untinted.
Old 02-27-10, 09:34 PM
rcelaya
Driver School Candidate

Lovin the 2JZ I know the feeling, it brings me back to when I bought mine Welcome to the fam and for being one of the newbies on here, I can tell so far there are chill peeps on this site and great help! So quick question, what's this THROTTLE MOD you mentioned about? I feel some lag in my acceleration as well and this might be some good stuff to know.
Old 02-28-10, 04:54 AM
LexusGSXR
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by josh99ta
Looks really good, especially on the silver. I think it should look equally as good on GGP. I have yellow film for the fogs ordered and red film for the taillights ordered, so I'll probably be working on that next weekend as it should come in early next week. Can't wait to get those two things done.

Today I did a little work. I had one fog light out since I bought the car so I replaced it. I also pulled the side marker bulbs completely out, then painted the side markers GGP (I found some spray paint at Pep Boys for Toyota called Graphite Gray Metallic and it's a perfect match), so they blend right in. Now I just need to get some chrome bulbs for the turn signals in the headlights so that they'll still light up orange, but otherwise be chrome and take the orange color out of the headlight when not in use. Between that and the yellow fog overlays it should clean up the front end a good bit, then just add a lip and the front will be done.

Then just to do the overlays in the rear to red out the tails, and paint the calipers (probably red), and that should pretty much finish off the outside of the car minus a drop.

Still stoked about the tint tomorrow. Every car I've owned for the past, oh, five years has had 20% all around and 45% on the whole windshield. I can't stand this purple tint and can't stand the windshield being untinted.
hell ya bro!!! after u do alot to it.. we gotta see the progress!
Old 02-28-10, 03:19 PM
josh99ta
Driver School Candidate

I'll definitely be taking pictures after I get the film in and on. It's already looking so much better with the new tint and the painted side markers up front. Just need more stuff done before I bother busting out the camera gear. I can't wait to get this first little round of details done. It'll just leave the big stuff (lip, drop, wheels).

Anybody know what bulb number the turn signals in the headlights are?

Also, does anyone know where I can find a "DOWN" e-shift button (right thumb)? Mine is missing.
Old 03-01-10, 03:24 AM
LexusGSXR
Lead Lap

1156 i believe
Old 03-01-10, 03:30 AM
LexusGSXR
Lead Lap

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...&siteid=214915 great site for OEM needs.