IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Anyone pissed off at a Lexus Dealership?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-08, 04:15 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone pissed off at a Lexus Dealership?

I just bought a brand new 2008 IS 250 fully loaded w/ nav and lots of other features about two months ago. At first, I wasn't going to buy it from the dealership of my home town (Bakersfield, CA) because they quoted me sooo much higher than another dealership down south. I finally haggled the price down only because I threaten to walk out and purchase the same car from the other dealership.

I took my car in for my 1,000 mile/service....which was really to get my license plates, and when I got my car back from the service dept...the leather in my front seat was ruined! It had looked like someone tried to clean the leather with ajax or some harsh cleaning substance because there were many places on the seat that were discolored. Dude! I was sooo pissed off! I went back into the dealership and showed them the problem. So finally, they offered to refinish my seat...which only seemed to cover up the problem for a short while because my front passenger seat still looks like crap!

Not to mention the service dept at Motor City Lexus - Bakersfield never has a shuttle available when you need it nor a loaner car like they promised. I am serioulsy thinking of taking my Lexus to a Toyota dealership to have it serviced for the routine stuff; so therefore, I know I'll be at least guranteed a shuttle ride to work and won't be over charged of oil and filters. FYI, Lexus is just a fancy Toyota...the parts under the hood are very similar.

I think it's total bs that Lexus can't have a service dept opened on the weekends. "True Luxury" experience my ***! Unless it's major warranty work, take your Lexus to a Toyota dealer to save some bucks!

Last edited by Little E; 02-10-08 at 04:20 PM.
Old 02-10-08, 06:36 PM
TemIS300
Driver School Candidate

I used Toyota for my minor services but Lexus did the 30K, 60K, and 90K service. An oil change at Toyota was only 29.95 compared to over 100.00 at Lexus. Lexus service is superior to all other luxury brands but I cant see paying that amount for an oil change. Ive never had a problem with loaner cars or the dealer messing up my car. Always looked new when it was returned to me. Lexus trys to impress customers not only by service but thorugh senses also. At least they are doing this in their newer dealerships (Newport Lexus). Id say take it to Toyota and youll be just as satisfied.
Old 02-10-08, 11:28 PM
02WALD300
Driver School Candidate

Default yea

I have a big problem with my dealership down in SW FL where we have purchased three vehicles from them. I have an '02 IS300 and I originally brought it the vehicle in to service because the throwout bearing was whining. So they fix the bearing and I take the car home and i'm driving around that night and my check engine light came on. So I brought the vehicle in again to fix a bad o2 sensor.

I go back later to get the car and the dude brings the car around and the service writer walked to the car with me and the driver opens the door and there's bearing grease all over the top portion of the door and two marks on both front seats. Now mind you, I have tan suede/leather interior and it completely covered the entire suede portion of the door. So I flip and he brings it around to the cleaners and they bring it back and it is now a darker suede and because they cleaned it with a type of water based cleaner, it tore the suede. They give me the run around and tell me to bring it back in a week when the service manager can look at it.

So the service manager looks at it and they tell me that because the car was made in 2002 that the tears in the suede are because of me hanging my arm out the window and when I brought it in it was in pristine condition. And then he tells me that he'll split the cost in half with replacing the panel or going to a local interior repair shop to replace the suede. He tells me this and then proceeds back to his desk. The service writer bring me to his office and I'm waiting and the kid who worked on my car comes into the office and says to me "what are you trying to do here" because the manager said that he had to pay the other half. So this kid gets in my face saying that I brought the car in dirty like that and It was already there. Meanwhile the serv. writer is just sitting there not intervening in the argument and just let it happen.

The other problem i'm having is the throwout bearing now instead of whining it ticks. when the clutch is all the way out and out of gear it sounds like the car has valve tick. but when i slightly hit the clutch pedal the tick goes away. I bring it in and the master tech hears the sound and they tell me it's normal. I said it it's normal, why didn't i notice it 2 years ago when I bought the car and now all of a sudden when I get the car fixed for a throwout bearing i get it back with this noise. Doesn't seem to be normal to me.

It has been since the end of Dec. and nothing has come from this. I had one of the follow up calls and told her the situation and yet nothing. I have yet received the comment card or an apology about the kid getting in my face. As of this point I will never buy another car from this dealership and I will drive further away to get my service done. Lexus has truly lost there ways

Last edited by 02WALD300; 02-10-08 at 11:34 PM.
Old 02-12-08, 07:42 AM
3UZFTE

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear that, No problems with any Minnesota dealerships, and the customer and the technician would never see each other unless the customer wanted otherwise, however the job of the service writer is to make sure that everything goes accoring to plan, and it sounds like it fell well short of that. I work for a Toyota "stealership" but i drive a lexus, there is no difference between any of the services, except Toyota still has to order their parts from Lexus, even though they share similar distributors...
Old 02-17-08, 01:15 PM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn...our Lexus dealership has award winning ELITE OF LEXUS since 1996....we never have issues like those mentioned above...

wow....thats insane