IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

halo lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-07, 11:27 AM
SHERRI06
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default halo lights

I'm just about to place an order for a set of halos from AAC - i was thinking im not going to have them painted. But now worried they will not stand out enough. Does anyone have any pictures/opinions on halos in non-painted housings?

my reasoning: My car is the Intensa Blue Pearl - stock. I'm thinking painting the headlights will make it look too aggressive for a stock car. If it had body kit and rims on it, it would finish the look...

please help.
Old 12-25-07, 01:39 PM
Juangado
Driver

Hey you got to start somewhere. I have the painted black lights with halos and it makes it look way nicer then stock. If i were you i would just buy them the way you want them now so you dont have to buy another set or take yours apart later when your ready for them to be painted.
Old 12-26-07, 03:04 AM
lexguy300
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SHERRI06
I'm just about to place an order for a set of halos from AAC - i was thinking im not going to have them painted. But now worried they will not stand out enough. Does anyone have any pictures/opinions on halos in non-painted housings?

my reasoning: My car is the Intensa Blue Pearl - stock. I'm thinking painting the headlights will make it look too aggressive for a stock car. If it had body kit and rims on it, it would finish the look...

please help.
look at my pics i installed the halos and i left the housing stock i didnt paint them check them out. look it up on LEXGUY300
Old 12-28-07, 12:16 PM
AACstyle
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SHERRI06

please help.
Sherri don't worry, they came out great! If you even want us to go pack and paint them just pick up the phone and let us know

I will pm you the tracking # for both sets of lights later today.
Old 01-13-08, 04:54 PM
TWSTD
Driver School Candidate

Why dont you colour code your lights (same as body colour) ? Just a suggestion ;-)
Old 01-24-08, 03:33 PM
SHERRI06
Driver School Candidate

Old 01-24-08, 08:05 PM
LittleGz
Lexus Test Driver

^^ Beautiful!!
Old 01-26-08, 12:51 AM
TinTin
Driver School Candidate

nice, smoking cool!!! what color did u have it on, 6K??? thks I wanted to get 1 also but AAC doesn't have an authorize installer around LA area. Thinking of doing it myself. But your really look great! =)
Old 01-28-08, 12:56 PM
SHERRI06
Driver School Candidate

thanks! yes I got the 6k. I was gonna try and do it myself but I dont trust myself with handling the rings without breaking um or epoxy - i'd end up getting it all over the place so i just paid for them to install it for me.
Old 01-28-08, 03:12 PM
TinTin
Driver School Candidate

thks for the info again, yours look great... yes I heard it break very easily. Is it hard to replace the headlight unit? I heard that the whole bumper need to be pull out in order to replace it.
Old 01-28-08, 03:43 PM
SHERRI06
Driver School Candidate

a friend of mine works on imports so I had him do it. The bumper did come off on mine, but I heard there is a way to do it without bumper removal. If you search around i'm sure there's a thread about it. If i was smart i wouldve had my clear markers on hand to change at the same time
Old 01-28-08, 06:49 PM
Connsrt
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Juangado
Hey you got to start somewhere. I have the painted black lights with halos and it makes it look way nicer then stock. If i were you i would just buy them the way you want them now so you dont have to buy another set or take yours apart later when your ready for them to be painted.
Your paint looks sick
Old 01-29-08, 10:07 AM
AACstyle
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by TinTin
thks for the info again, yours look great... yes I heard it break very easily. Is it hard to replace the headlight unit? I heard that the whole bumper need to be pull out in order to replace it.
Let us make you some brand new lights, shipped to your door "Plug and Play"!
Old 01-29-08, 10:42 AM
TinTin
Driver School Candidate

for sure I'll buy it from u (AAC), u been having a lot of good reputation but just trying to figure out what's the procedures to replace the whole headlight unit? I heard and saw some vdo that need to pull out the whole front bumper in order to replace the whole headlight unit. Do you have the whole procedures to do so. So that I can try to figure out if I'm able to do it myself or not. I talked to someone at AAC before and he mentioned that AAC doesn't have a 3rd party vendors for the labor in Southern California area. Thank you so much for your help. Greatly appreciated.
Old 01-29-08, 12:24 PM
SHERRI06
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TinTin
for sure I'll buy it from u (AAC), u been having a lot of good reputation but just trying to figure out what's the procedures to replace the whole headlight unit? I heard and saw some vdo that need to pull out the whole front bumper in order to replace the whole headlight unit. Do you have the whole procedures to do so. So that I can try to figure out if I'm able to do it myself or not. I talked to someone at AAC before and he mentioned that AAC doesn't have a 3rd party vendors for the labor in Southern California area. Thank you so much for your help. Greatly appreciated.
I searched but i couldnt find a tutorial with pictures on here so i gave you a link to another:
http://my.is/forums/f90/tutorial-how...lights-226292/

Quick Reply: halo lights