IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Whats a good rim size?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-07, 01:42 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LEX-IS300
Phew.... That's good 'cuz I already ordered them...and everyone told me that they will not fit....
Thanks for your help
Well I have zero issues. Just use an actual fender roller and not a baseball bat. And like I said be watch your ride height. If you're on coils just adjust the height accordingly.

Do worry bro, everyone said my wheels wouldn't fit either.
Old 11-07-07, 06:24 AM
LEX-IS300
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Apex84
It will be fine depending on the drop. I have 19s with an 1 1/2 drop on the front and it clears fine. You may have to roll the rear though.
there is nodrop yet, so I guess i'll be fine with those rims? Seriously I am confused 'cuz everyone is telling me different things.
Old 11-07-07, 04:31 PM
LEX-IS300
Driver School Candidate

Well I have zero issues. Just use an actual fender roller and not a baseball bat. And like I said be watch your ride height. If you're on coils just adjust the height accordingly.

Do worry bro, everyone said my wheels wouldn't fit either.
WTF dude Im not a bro i'm a FEMALE....lol

Thanks for all your help
Old 11-08-07, 10:24 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

there is nodrop yet, so I guess i'll be fine with those rims? Seriously I am confused 'cuz everyone is telling me different things.
Don't worry, there are plenty of really conservative people out that will tell you that that size and offset won't fit due the how aggressive they are, but rest assured they will fit. Hit me up and we can go over it in more detail.

WTF dude Im not a bro i'm a FEMALE....lol

Thanks for all your help
Sorry had no idea.
Old 11-09-07, 04:58 PM
LEX-IS300
Driver School Candidate

[QUOTE=Apex84;3042476]Don't worry, there are plenty of really conservative people out that will tell you that that size and offset won't fit due the how aggressive they are, but rest assured they will fit. Hit me up and we can go over it in more detail.

I've noticed after they called me crazy for ordering wheels that they say won't fit . Everyone is telling me to go with 7.5" all over, but it doesn't satisfy me, since it is only 1/2" more, it will not look good. I want wider look similar to yours ( by the way ur car is sweeeeeeeeet...love it!!!). My order is on hold right now until I make up my mind!! Originally I odered 18" wheels 8.5F and 9.5R +35mm. I asked so many people on different forums and it seems like you are the only one that knows it is doable . my car is not lowered,no body kits yet, none of the fenders are rolled.I am only affraid they will rub. You said that front should be fine w/ no rubbing. You also mentioned that I will have to roll the rear but do you know approximately how much? Probably I will get it done professionally since I don't know anyone who would help me out with this. And would you know what tires should I get??
Old 11-09-07, 06:18 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

[QUOTE=LEX-IS300;3045997]
Don't worry, there are plenty of really conservative people out that will tell you that that size and offset won't fit due the how aggressive they are, but rest assured they will fit. Hit me up and we can go over it in more detail.

I've noticed after they called me crazy for ordering wheels that they say won't fit . Everyone is telling me to go with 7.5" all over, but it doesn't satisfy me, since it is only 1/2" more, it will not look good. I want wider look similar to yours ( by the way ur car is sweeeeeeeeet...love it!!!). My order is on hold right now until I make up my mind!! Originally I odered 18" wheels 8.5F and 9.5R +35mm. I asked so many people on different forums and it seems like you are the only one that knows it is doable . my car is not lowered,no body kits yet, none of the fenders are rolled.I am only affraid they will rub. You said that front should be fine w/ no rubbing. You also mentioned that I will have to roll the rear but do you know approximately how much? Probably I will get it done professionally since I don't know anyone who would help me out with this. And would you know what tires should I get??
Well first of all its good to see that there is someone else that has the fortitude to do something behind the status quo, so I def love that you're moving forward. Here is what you need to take in to consideration first, and thats ride height. I'm sure that you plan on lowering the car, so would figure out how low you want to go. I'm at 1 3/4" drop now. My rear fenders are rolled as much as possible, but another option is shaving the fenders completely. Oh and rolling fenders isn't difficult at all. My friend and I did it in a few hours with a heat gun, Eastwood fender roller, and some beer .

I'm running Dunlop Sport Max 235-35-19 tires. So depending on road conditions where you are, you may want a meatier tire, but thats totally up to you. I'm very happy with my setup, and may go to a 225 in the rear. I wish you the best of luck and don't ever let someone tell you want can and cannot work for your car. If anything my setup is testament of that. (not to toot my own horn) .