IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

POST UR BEST RACE U HAD With ur IS300

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-01, 05:46 PM
redhwangso
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile POST UR BEST RACE U HAD With ur IS300

Hello! i am making this posting page because i want to know what the IS300 can do against other competitors!

UNfortunately, i haven't had a good race yet due to my breaking in process and my poor shifting!

So.. just post up any stories of you racing or u heard! Thanx!
Old 11-08-01, 08:07 PM
gte
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

i've beaten two civics with motor swaps while my car was bone stock. one a coupe and one a hatch back.
Old 11-08-01, 09:12 PM
RysBURNER
Rookie

i beat a souped up 96 Eclipse GS W/ 4 ppl in tha car including myself and a modified 00 Celica GTS with just an exhaust and intake
Old 11-08-01, 09:23 PM
Risk3233
Driver

I got spanked by a Porsche Boxster-S once.
Old 11-08-01, 09:56 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I lost to a Alfa romeo...S2000...beat one type-r and lost to one type-r beat alot of civics.. and so on and so forth
Old 11-08-01, 11:13 PM
liljungnam
Driver

ive raced a z28 up a hill then kicked his *** through every turn. Raced a prelude through rushhour traffic @ 90-130 mph and taking the shoulder (I LOST). I think ive pushed my car harder then anyone here, while attemping this flew in between two cars hitting one @ 125 leaving a tiny WARRIOR scratch!!!!
Ive noticed one thing when i put on my 19s my car got really slow.
Old 11-09-01, 12:56 AM
redhwangso
Rookie

isnt it obvious that we can burn civics? they are like our lil toys... unless they are heavily modded... i mean.. civics are everywhere.. i wondering if anyone raced a 330CI or AUDI A4's and stuff! our competitors... =P
Old 11-09-01, 07:02 AM
ducati
10th Gear

My bud has a 330Ci so I'm hoping we'll line up soon. By the seat of my pants I think he'll take me in a straight line. In the curves, no chance... I'm a far better driver

For the record, we both have manual transmissions... He has the sport package (245 rears).

And also, for the record, liljungnam slow your azz down. You're going to kill someone racing in traffic like that. Wait until the road is clear or take it to a track. There's no bravado in killing an innocent bystander.
Old 11-09-01, 08:30 AM
Tampa_IS
Driver School Candidate

Just this morning I got smoked by a Audi s4. They are not even in
our league. We both knew who would win but I gave it a shot anyways. Once I finally caught up to him at a light he told me it
was chipped and some other mods and that he runs a 13.3 1/4.
I dont even think we can beat them with a stage 1 supercharger.
Old 11-09-01, 10:22 AM
RysBURNER
Rookie

I Lost to a moded Prelude. we both raced on a rolling start i thought i was 4 sure gonna beat him...tisk..tisk so disappointed
and i got smoked by a buick regal supercharged
Old 11-09-01, 10:50 AM
dpatterson069
Pole Position

hey risk3233, i got spanked by a boxster S as well.. those things are very nice.. (it was uphill on the 2 freeway in cali, for all those who know what im talkin about..glendale area...)

best race i had was with this taxi in pasadena area..
my ex and i were comin back from eatin lunch and there was this taxi in back of me and he was tailgaiting like a little ****. so, since there were only two lanes, i slowed down and next to us was this little old lady, so i kept pace with her to **** him off. About 2 lights before the freeway entrance the guy runs a red to get in front of me.. i swear he was crazy!! he almost got hit by a car comin the other way!!! anyways, long and behold, i end up next to him on the freeway entrance ( where 2 lanes merge into one). anyways, there is a turn (curve ) before you are able to go straight onto the freeway.. i was on the outside and he was on the inside lanes.. while the other cars were crossing and stuff, he starts to rev his engine.. so my ex says to me to kick his ***. i shifted to power mode and down to eshift 2. at the green it was crazy.. we both were goin up the ramp full throttle and it was soooo close!!! he had the lane that I was suppose to merge into, but i kept goin and SUCCESS!!!! my car had succesfully accelerated infront of his by about 1/2 a car length.. the race kept on goin onto the freeway, which was suprisingly empty.. i kept kickin *** until about 120ish where my ex said to me that , ok you won. slow down.. which i did of course..
after, he caught up and smiled at me, like the punk i am!!
well thats my best race to date..
Old 11-09-01, 02:59 PM
ilovepyts
Driver School Candidate

Well I lost to a moded out Celica. It was my second week owning the car right(This is only the third week now , so I wanted to test it out. I figured I was going to lose because you knew this car was hooked up. Anyway, I stayed neck and neck with him for a couple lights. He knew what I wanted to do. Well the last light we can possible race at. We started going and I heard his engine rev. Bamm! we both floor it. Beat me barely by a car length. Mind you mine is just stock E/S. At the end he told me about his bother in-law that just got an IS. Coincidence I found the brother in-law on is300forum.com. Small world.

Off Subject.
Tell me what you guys think. I'm coming back home w/ a female friend from El Central, East of San Diego. I'm doing 90 and all of a sudden a fuking coyote jumps in the middle of the road. Man, my heart dropped down to my feet. I'm thinking, man I just bought this car and I don't want any damage on it. I missed the coyote by like two feet. Girl was made at me because I was worried about my car not this stupid animal LOL! Was I right or wrong?
Old 11-10-01, 12:28 AM
redhwangso
Rookie

i just had a nice race today! it was against a modded GOLF GTI! and im glad to say that i smoked him by atleast 3 or 4 cars! and mine was pretty much stock! hehe... however, on a rolling start, i got burned by an CRX w/ 3 people in it! damn CRX's.. i swear if they modd that thing alot... it can even burn ferrari's
Old 11-10-01, 12:57 AM
ISzBest
Driver

Default Raced

Raced a Maxmima at about 11PM on suprisingly crowded freeway, w/ speeds of mine highest at 145. He suprisingly kept up. Raced an S4, got killed. Raced a prelude souped up..SiR and he won on straight away, but i beat in weaving (and braking..at a crazy stop for a red light). Raced 2 m3's...beat one due to a manuver, where i just went millimeters between 2 cars, in which the gap closed up in time, and he coudln't go through to catch up. And after, he's all that's a nice move back ther...nice race..this is my buddy's car, i have an SL500 at home. I was like....nice..? Lost to another m3. Raced and toy'd w/ some integras and civics. Lost to Crx souped up. Hmmm...wut else...raced a Crx and Integra Type R on freeway about 120ish's in packed...had to go on shoulder. I lost tho, cuz i don't cross double yellows, or do anything...tooooo illegal..( What else...oh a 540i up a hill..and it was gainning on me around the turn, but then he had to stop due to car infront of him.
Old 11-10-01, 09:24 AM
RysBURNER
Rookie

I wuz in a 4-way race wid a Camero Z28 ( not sure if it wuz moded or not ), my cuz'nz 98' Eclipse GSX, and my cuz'nz brother who has a 00' Civic SI Turbocharged. we where all on this hwy called stoughton which is by my house. If ppl want 2 race us we bring them there.N E Wayz, the race is on a rolling start. the Z28 and the Eclipse took off and me and the Civic couldnt even catch up 2 them. they were pulling away father and farther and then the Civic starts pulling away 4rm me pretty fast too. so i got smoked by all of them

Quick Reply: POST UR BEST RACE U HAD With ur IS300