IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

POST UR BEST RACE U HAD With ur IS300

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-02, 09:20 PM
redhwangso
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OH JROOSH!!! PLEASE MAKE ME THAT LICENSE PLATE!!! I want it so very much! ...

... So that i can put it on ur car!
Old 01-16-02, 01:09 AM
solo
Lexus Champion

Talking

Days after getting my IS3, I raced a 99 turbo civic. Oh he sure went at it and I even gave him the light, but I blew by him like nothing... pretty weak for a turbo car.

A week later, was in San Francisco, 280 south. Noticed a little blue Subraru WRX following me. We both hit it and I recall the WRX keepin up intil I hit 140. Later he caught up and gave a thumbs-up.

Also got killed by a Boxser S. I kept up on his first gear and as soon as he shifted into 2nd, he was gone. -different class.
Old 01-16-02, 04:23 AM
jroosh
Driver

...the other day I was like joggin' and like you know this old lady came trotting up behind me and so I like really put the hammer down, pushed my Reeboks to like the limit man and like dusted her. All she saw was my back pockets. I said to myself, like, am such a man!

...then later a weiner dog tried the same deal man but when I hit it he kicked it in too and like pasted me man. Dude, those weiner dogs can like really lay it down. He must have eaten like some special weiner dog food with Nitrous in it or somethin'.

I swear I head him laughing at me which made me even more insecure.

Ouch man.
Old 01-16-02, 07:30 AM
Christobol
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by jroosh

...then later a weiner dog tried the same deal man but when I hit it he kicked it in too and like pasted me man. Dude, those weiner dogs can like really lay it down. He must have eaten like some special weiner dog food with Nitrous in it or somethin'.

I swear I head him laughing at me which made me even more insecure.

Ouch man.
Dude! You've gotta go with the GEL Reeboks! If you had those on it would give you another 30 rwhp (real walking hyper power)! If you had them on, I'm sure you could have at least hung with the weiner dog. Now my dog, she is a black lab. That girl can MOVE. I think with her you'll have to get into an entire drivetrain/suspension upgrade.... I hope you never encounter her out of the streets. After she kicks your *** she makes you play fetch with her for 3 hours.
Old 01-17-02, 11:06 PM
DJ SprinklesNJO
Lexus Test Driver

nice story guys, i know i dont have an IS, but i do have an RX with my own custom made ram air intake. not much else engine wise (damn lease) but anyway i always try and race people especialy my gf's 1988 mustang 5.0 GT! you think im crazy for tryin that right?!? nope. for some strange reason my rx is really fast. off the line i can just about beat the mustang. its when the shift points come that is slow. damn 4 speed automatic. then just about after 60 or so she starts to pull away. but oh well its a damn 5.0 mustang im racing. also i always race my friends 1989 maxima (a fierce competitor of lexus) again i ripp him off the start, i guess great traction of course bc of all wheel drive. and even after 60mph i still beat it. by the way my mom has an ES (btw both rx and es are '99's) and my truck is not much slower than it. so i hope that gives you some more info on who to race. any late model maxima's and old mustangs are no problem. lol when we all know the IS is much faster than an RX.
Old 01-18-02, 07:31 AM
Christobol
Advanced

DJ you're girlfriend and your friend can't drive. I've raced a Mustand 5.0 in my car, and at the line we were even, by 60 he was 2/3rds of a car length ahead of me. The reason that you're being your friends is that 1) they have sticks, and an auto will most always beat a stick off the line unless they pop the clutch. 2) They aren't paying attention 3) It could be that those two cars have the wrong gearing for 1st gear in the year that your gf, and friend have. I know that the 02 Maxima's will smoke me. The older ones, ahh I may be able to get them. A Mustang 5.0, no way. He will win everytime.

On and your RX does have a good amount of pep

Originally posted by DJ SprinklesNJO
nice story guys, i know i dont have an IS, but i do have an RX with my own custom made ram air intake. not much else engine wise (damn lease) but anyway i always try and race people especialy my gf's 1988 mustang 5.0 GT! you think im crazy for tryin that right?!? nope. for some strange reason my rx is really fast. off the line i can just about beat the mustang. its when the shift points come that is slow. damn 4 speed automatic. then just about after 60 or so she starts to pull away. but oh well its a damn 5.0 mustang im racing. also i always race my friends 1989 maxima (a fierce competitor of lexus) again i ripp him off the start, i guess great traction of course bc of all wheel drive. and even after 60mph i still beat it. by the way my mom has an ES (btw both rx and es are '99's) and my truck is not much slower than it. so i hope that gives you some more info on who to race. any late model maxima's and old mustangs are no problem. lol when we all know the IS is much faster than an RX.
Old 01-18-02, 08:31 AM
jroosh
Driver

nice story guys, i know i dont have an IS, but i do have an RX with my own custom made ram air intake. not much else engine wise (damn lease) but anyway i always try and race people especialy my gf's 1988 mustang 5.0 GT! you think im crazy for tryin that right?!?
...nope, just stupid.

It's guys like you and all the other adolescent yahoos on this board and around the country that make every punk kid in a riced Civic, Probe or whatever that pulls up to me at a light or on the freeway think that because I drive an IS300 that I want to race them.

Grow up guys. Keep your racing where it belongs - on the track.

How many stories do you need to read about punks wrecking their IS's to wise up?

...and YES, I do take my cars to the track in the summer.
Old 01-18-02, 09:51 AM
DJ SprinklesNJO
Lexus Test Driver

Talking

well if i was you i would of thought also that my friend and gf cant drive but they can. both of them are nuts and wild behind the wheel but anyway, im telling you i always take the 89 maxima, and as far as the mustang, yea well i guess i am great off the line and it is in need of a tune up, (failure to mention that, lol ) well anyway and as far as that other reply is, you are correct in taking the races to the track, but you are dead wrong in calling any of us in here rice boys. it seems like your a bit older then some of us and are wise in not racing anyone who pulls up next to you. as far as i go, im just a young guy and always race on dead streets and when it looks safe. hehhe
Old 01-18-02, 10:10 AM
DJ SprinklesNJO
Lexus Test Driver

my mistake Jroosh, i apologize, i misread ur reply and thought you were calling some of us rice boys. uhm yea so then guess you are right again. all those so called hopped up civics and probes, eclipse's and whatever always try to race anyone, but then whats the fun in just driving normaly without the occasional street race. for those of you out there that think this is very dangerous (which it is) at least i can say i dont do it very much and living in NYC we only get up to about 40 -60 unless its a highway. be carefull!
Old 01-18-02, 03:26 PM
Christobol
Advanced

my mistake Jroosh, i apologize, i misread ur reply and thought you were calling some of us rice boys. uhm yea so then guess you are right again. all those so called hopped up civics and probes, eclipse's and whatever always try to race anyone, but then whats the fun in just driving normaly without the occasional street race. for those of you out there that think this is very dangerous (which it is) at least i can say i dont do it very much and living in NYC we only get up to about 40 -60 unless its a highway. be carefull!
Even out here in Cal, when I do a street race (which has only been twice) I race to 10 over the speed limit and then hit the brakes. I don't care to get a ticket. I think that just comes with knowing what is going on and being more responsible. Don't get me wrong though everyone can be irresponsible.
Old 01-26-02, 03:12 PM
redhwangso
Rookie

Usually I dont do freeway races, but someone had challenged me from the back and i had my friend in the car so i couldnt back down! I was going about 70 MPH on the freeway and car from behind was coming really fast at me to pass me. It was an 240SX slightly modded, guessing INTAKE and Exhaust for sure! n e how, freeway had a slight traffic and I was able to pass him cuz he was stuck behind this truck. As soon as i passed him, he switched lanes and was right on my tail, i didnt want to get an head start to make it unfair, so i waited and slowed down a lil so that he can get next to me. I could his engine reving trying to catch up to me, as soon as he got next to me, i downshifted to 3rd and just floored it! in seconds, his headlights were present in my sideview mirror! i thought there was no point of speeding up more so i stopped! it was a fun race!
Old 01-26-02, 08:45 PM
CarbonIS300
Pole Position

i]redhwangso [/i]

I think i saw you the other day in kernny.

You look like you had just came from kerny mesa Lexus and i drove past in my GGP 01 going twards the Subaru dealer.

Let me know if that was you we are trying to get everyone in San Diego on a mailing list for San Diego IS meets.
Old 01-27-02, 01:36 PM
redhwangso
Rookie

Originally posted by CarbonIS300
i]redhwangso [/i]

I think i saw you the other day in kernny.

You look like you had just came from kerny mesa Lexus and i drove past in my GGP 01 going twards the Subaru dealer.

Let me know if that was you we are trying to get everyone in San Diego on a mailing list for San Diego IS meets.
umm.. it wasnt me CarbonIS300... apparaently, there is a exact same GGP IS that looks like mines in SD. my friends in SD thought it was me too. and the last time i went to Kerney mesa Dealer was like 2 months ago. So.. it was probably the other guy again! hehe

but it could have been me because i goto mesa so... maybe u might seen me.

Last edited by redhwangso; 01-27-02 at 01:39 PM.