IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

POST UR BEST RACE U HAD With ur IS300

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-01, 03:05 PM
VinnyIS300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my best race was with this kid who had a 330 on a semi-crowded freeway. We raced to one exit and he was fairly unexperienced with the car and the shifting so I beat him one way and he beat me on the way back...
Old 11-11-01, 02:04 AM
redhwangso
Rookie

just came back from driving around for like 3 hours. i didnt get any real races on today, but i had many semi races with an ACCORD, CIVIC, PRELUDE, and Some of those Pick up trucks. ANd the result? Undefeated record! hehe... pretty amazing what an IS can do!
Old 11-11-01, 05:00 AM
ONYXIS300
Driver

i just raced a 328 that sounded like it had mods but i still smoked his *** by 4 cars on 78 in jersey, I even slowed down to give him a second chance but he didnt want none!!!
Old 11-11-01, 04:00 PM
fuduNYC
Driver School Candidate

i am always racing yellow cabs and winning

beat mod integra
beat 2 civis
beat one 330ci
Old 11-12-01, 10:07 AM
ilovepyts
Driver School Candidate

This weekend I was raced a Sentra and some other type of car. They couldn't keep up. Hit 130 and still could have went faster Same night I raced a mustang. Noticed in the rear view that he wanted to pass me. He never had a chance. I love this ride.
Old 11-13-01, 02:33 AM
redhwangso
Rookie

today, i raced my friends 2001 ECLIPSE GT, w/ 18 rims, and a ingen intake. result? i lost... but u gotta consider that its only been 3 weeks since i got this car and only have 2k miles on it, and him driving that car for over a year, he has to be a better shifter than me. i raced him alot .. about 5 to 7 times? i think i dunno.. but it rained here in SUNNY CALIFORNIA??? hehe.. so the ground was rather slippery, out of the 5 times? 7 times? i beat him once! and that was cuz he skidded due to slippery grounds. and of course, i slipped many times! and daz how i lost. but i have to say if i improve on my shifting and race him in better weather condition, i can take him and beat him. Lets not be afraid of the ECLIPSE GT's , we are a far more superior race! the IS300's!!! (it should be, we spent more $$$) hehe... peace!
Old 11-21-01, 11:21 AM
redhwangso
Rookie

Talking

Just last nite, me and my friends prelude headed off to the streets to find some worthy racers. The weird thing is, i found some! I was driving next to this red Corvette and it was going pretty fast, so i at the next light, i reved him! but he looked at me and said that he only has 200 miles on the car! so he wouldnt. And i lost all my hope, i saw this car trying to race the corvette! just like what i did. IT WAS A PORSHE BOXSTER! i slowed down to wait for him to come to a stop! and we did!.... we gave the signal and waited for the light to turn green! Result? i was surprised that i beat him! and then we stopped again, and i beat him again! i think that guy was surprised! he asked me what i did to my engine! but mines stock! hehehe.... but he beat me the next two lights, but i had to say, it wasnt a complete burn! I felt good! i beat a PORSCHE! hehe, but, the same night! i lost a stock Celica GTS! that just ruined my day!
Old 11-21-01, 01:16 PM
dpatterson069
Pole Position

the porshce wasnt a new one then, the new ones are pretty fast.. my friend has a 98 porshce and we race all the time.. i can beat his car pretty nice, but the new porches run about 227hp..
not to mention that they are really light.
Old 12-04-01, 01:12 PM
BlueIS0122
Driver School Candidate

Default my MANY street races

i've had so many street races i don't even know where to start. ok, here goes with the imports first: i've beaten a modded prelude, BURNED a BMW 325 (the new one), beat a modded civic, taken a lightly modded eclipse GS-T and an eclipse GT, beaten the older style M3 (stock), tied a stock 330, tied a modded integra GSR, got BURNED by a BMW 740, lost to a porsche boxster S, beaten by an S2000, lost to a modded eclipse GS-T.

domestics: beat a mustang GT with intake and exhaust, DESTROYED a ZX3 steeda, tied a camaro Z28, lost to a modded camaro Z28 and got burned by an SS, got destroyed by a modded cobra.

i've always wanted to race a stock RSX Type-S, and now i can. my sister got one, so all i have to do is "borrow" it and have a friend race me in it. also wanted to race an integra Type-R. anyway, i think that's it for now. i'll keep ya posted on any other interesting races.
Old 12-04-01, 01:58 PM
fortyounce
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by liljungnam
ive raced a z28 up a hill then kicked his *** through every turn. Raced a prelude through rushhour traffic @ 90-130 mph and taking the shoulder (I LOST). I think ive pushed my car harder then anyone here, while attemping this flew in between two cars hitting one @ 125 leaving a tiny WARRIOR scratch!!!!
Ive noticed one thing when i put on my 19s my car got really slow.
your an idiot, seriously.
Old 12-04-01, 02:59 PM
lexusnexus
Pole Position

...racing more than a block, and it would need to be an empty and uncrowded block...is just not the best thing to do, think for a moment what would you do at the speeds mentioned, and things don't go as planned....street racing = loss of license, money, etc.

I drive with a focused and effective notion of getting there, but those that choose to race around endangering others....soooo uncool
Old 12-04-01, 03:43 PM
LexIS4
Driver School Candidate

my best race was with a Integra GS-R that had intake, off the liine he took me a little bit but once i hit 3rd gear i caught up and passed him..this was on a pretty short street that we only hit about 100 so on the highway i would keep pulling ahead.
Old 12-04-01, 05:32 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I raced a tricylce once and lost he got the whole shot...=(
Old 12-04-01, 06:00 PM
Ed Bohon
Driver School Candidate

Got smoked by a modded Civic....Si probably...What??? a Civic!!!!!! and by an Integra Type R - with two guys in it!!!!!......that stinks....the only thing I can beat are unmod 4bangers! dissappointing.....kept up on rolling race with late 90's M3....but, he was slowly pulling away at about 110...I'm pretty sure new M3 would smoke me....mods or not......not too thrilled with performance of IS actually....might trade in for new M3........I hope Lexus wakes up and 'retunes' their engine....even the new Altima.....an ALTIMA!!!!!!..... has more ponies and better acceleration STOCK......for all you speed racers in traffic......stop!......wait til the roads are open...
Old 12-04-01, 06:03 PM
bcc002
Pole Position

roasted a 330ci, a **** load of civics, and lost to my dad's car (S55 AMG) and all his buddies (Porshces, Ferraris, etc.)

Quick Reply: POST UR BEST RACE U HAD With ur IS300