IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Oh crap! is the new I35 serious threat ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-01, 11:52 AM
VQPOWER
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by LexusPride

This is actually what was in Car and Driver:
"...the Q45 will hit 60 mph in 5.9 seconds, according to Infiniti's estimates. We don't doubt it. "

Ironically, I found no actual C & D 0-60 tested time in either the magazine or on their online site. They simply agree with Infiniti's numbers, which doesn't seem too accurate considering another magazine (Road and Track) tested the Q45 and LS430 head-to-head and the LS won, in almost every speed and braking category, despite 50 less hp, less torque, and weighs 200 lbs. more. But I assume you were too ignorant to notice that, huh ?
Are you sure about that? I could've sworn the Infiniti just barely edged out the LS in that comparison for first place.
Old 11-17-01, 06:09 PM
LexusPride
Lead Lap

You may be right, although the LS430 did edge out the Q on the skidpad and slalom. I think the Q won overall design and seating though. Regardless, the Q won't sell a third that the LS does, and 5 years from now it won't garner the same respect or resale that the LS does, plain and simple. Infiniti is surviving on the I series, nothing else, the G20 is a joke, it's SUV is getting trounced by the RX300, and they can't give away their flagship, which doesn't say much for a so-called "luxury" division.
Old 11-17-01, 06:34 PM
LexKilla
Driver School Candidate

I hate to say it but I agree with most of what has been said by the lexus owners on this thread. I own the new Q and had performance issues when i first started driving it but from careful gearing I can do 0-60 in under 6.0. I can prolly run it at best at 5.7. Back to the topic, Infiniti however, is trying to turnover a new leaf and in the next for years we will see better competetion between Lexus and Infiniti. They will be launching the G35 (skyline) which I think will dethrone any other car in it's class (Yes, the IS300) and they are also bringing out the model QE (which was in the Matrix) that will rival that of the GS300 and 430. Until then, I still see Lexus ruling for a good time but that's not to say Infiniti won't be in the run either. With Infiniti's new lineup in the future we might pursuade more car enthusiasts (Lexus owners) to join the darkside Just so you know I did own a GS430 before the Q and I never thought twice about owning the GS again. The ammentities in the Q just blow your mind and surpass any other vehicle in it's class (and the LS). It's truly a great car. If you owned one you would know and if you test drove one you still don't know.
Old 11-17-01, 06:48 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by LexKilla
and they are also bringing out the model QE (which was in the Matrix) ...
Kinda OT, but when / where in The Matrix? The only car I remember was that sweet Lincoln....TIA
Old 11-18-01, 07:28 AM
DROD2045
Lead Lap

QE will be the GS/5/A6 competitor from Infiniti based on the Nissan Gloria (which moves to the G35 platform in its next generation as well as the Cedric, Cima aka Q45 and other cars).
Old 11-19-01, 06:56 AM
ducati
10th Gear

1SICKLEX, can we get his magazine stash before he leaves?

Old 11-19-01, 02:49 PM
LexKilla
Driver School Candidate

You guys obviously have a deep passion for cars and love them waaaaaaaay to much I love my Infiniti but my real love is big booty girlz

Last edited by LexKilla; 11-19-01 at 02:52 PM.
Old 11-19-01, 02:51 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
DROD2045, I know the facts, you don't have a Lex or a Q, the Prelude has been discontinued, so you can read all the magazines you want, I'll use REAL WORLD EXPERIENCE thank you. If ANYONE in Atlanta bought a Q, I'd race the car and see if it lives up to expectations. Since you seem simply unapologetic in calling me ignorant, I will be unapologetic in calling you a broke-a$$ web surfer, probably going from public computer to public computer posting your lame OPINIONS on the web. I don't mind people disagreeing with me, but I don't call people names (unless in self-defense) you pathetic reason for an Infiniti spokesperson. I am not surprised, Infiniti is lame and so is their spokesperson.

In conclusion take your Prelude, and a Q45, shine em up real nice, turn both those Sons Of B!itches sideways and proceed to stick them STRAIGHT UP YOUR CANDY A$$....

You are the weakest link...................GOODBYE
Sick wins the "Funniest Takin'-Care-of-Biznass" CL member award in my book!
Old 11-19-01, 03:45 PM
DROD2045
Lead Lap

DROD2045, I know the facts, you don't have a Lex or a Q, the Prelude has been discontinued, so you can read all the magazines you want, I'll use REAL WORLD EXPERIENCE thank you.

If you had real world experience, you wouldn't read any magazines for tests. Thats the purpose of the magazines. Get the Idea?
If ANYONE in Atlanta bought a Q, I'd race the car and see if it lives up to expectations.

And since you havent, you go by magzine tests. These tests are facts. Why you dont pay any attention to these facts, although you say you stay strictly to facts, is beyond me.

Since you seem simply unapologetic in calling me ignorant, I will be unapologetic in calling you a broke-a$$ web surfer, probably going from public computer to public computer posting your lame OPINIONS on the web.

Why should I apologize if you are obviously disagreeing with your own ways? So because I dont have a 40-50k car makes me broke? So what if I would like to have other nice things than just a nice car? I also have a G20 BTW. But I primarily drive the Prelude.THis is why I have called you ignorant. Does that make you stupid? No. I am not calling you stupid, dumb, an idiot or a moron. I repeat I am NOT calling you those names. I am saying you contradict yourself and refuge to childish name calling and assumptions. How are my opinions lame? Because you dont agree with them? I respect your opinion (silently of course ) but when you say the Q is slower than the LS or you say very un true things, it bothers me. So I speak up about that. Its not that I am sticking up for the Q, I am really just trying to get the truth out. If the LS gets a super fast time of 2 seconds, Ill "stick up" for the LS in saying its faster than the Q. But it's not. Does that mean the LS is a bad car? No. Does that mean the Q is a better car? No. I am just saying the turth.

I don't mind people disagreeing with me, but I don't call people names (unless in self-defense) you pathetic reason for an Infiniti spokesperson. I am not surprised, Infiniti is lame and so is their spokesperson.

And your childsih response represents lexus better than anyone else here? Pleeease... (I am not an Infiniti spokesperson)

In conclusion take your Prelude, and a Q45, shine em up real nice, turn both those Sons Of B!itches sideways and proceed to stick them STRAIGHT UP YOUR CANDY A$$....

You are the weakest link...................GOODBYE
I am not so sure you are even over 15 now. Maybe your parents own a GS400. Maybe you drive it around or look at it a lot, but no way are you a full grown adult. If you are, I am extremely suprised.

originally posted by ducati
1SICKLEX, can we get his magazine stash before he leaves?
Destory the evidence I am correct on this particular issue?

Originally posted by WantANewLex
Sick wins the "Funniest Takin'-Care-of-Biznass" CL member award in my book!
Its not hard to say complete BS and talk out of your own a$$. Im sure youve done it...
Old 11-19-01, 04:46 PM
CamryRR
Rookie

Who cares about tha POS Nissan creation they got to stop smoking so much and get back to making good cars.After seing them going bankrupt and getting bought by Renaud i knew Nissan was f**ing the dog here in the americas. All i know is Nissan will always just be POS to me and even the Skyline is a thing of the past cause they cant afford engineers who think about safety and quality anymore (Oh ya i can give any car lots of HP but if i cant back up my product im nothing).How many times did Toyota go bankrupt??How many times did toyota spend money on stupid lemon cars that never sell?Who is dumb enought to by that new Fugly nissan in the first place when there are much better toyota prioducts out there??Get back to reality Nissan make some good cars but who cares lets just keep our quality cars and let who ever wants a POS Nissan have them..
Old 11-19-01, 04:52 PM
DROD2045
Lead Lap

I give a rats A$$ about your opinions, I do not expect to agree with EVERYONE, that is stupid. I actually like when people from other boards with other cars post their views RESPECTFULLY. We know your not exactly a Lexus fan, cool but I don't call people's posts ignorant. Naw buddy, that is not kosher.

I have stated it before. I am a Lexus fan. But I am open minded to all cars.

AND it is apparent that we will not agree yet on the Q does 0-60 in 5.9 sec because outside of what Nissan said it will do, I have not seen that. ANd I have not had the opportunity to race one yet.

THe thing is that I have said it a lot now, read the issue I am talking about and you will see that the Q does perform as advertised. I do not believe the mags are the bible as you say either. But when they do instrumented tests, they dont lie. They are correct (to the way they test it).

Oh and respect the kid, I post pics, participate in Meets and EVERYONE knows how fortunate I am to have a Lexus (or 2),

I am glad that you feel you are fourtunat because I was going to say it was low of you to "attack" my social class. I know I have said some low stuff so I am not acting perfect. But I feel bad for less fortunate people.
Old 11-19-01, 05:03 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CamryRR: I think the new Skyline/G35 and/or the Z will be pretty good (performance-wise, not luxury or safety judging from past models). But I TOTALLY agree with you about the more HP instead of safety part. Nissan can't make a top-ranked car (as far as safety is concerned) for the life of them. All they care about is 0-60 time. It's unacceptable. And all of their current sedans are totally out-classed by any number of their competitors.

SICK: Keeping it real, as usual. Keep the humor coming!
Old 11-19-01, 07:34 PM
DROD2045
Lead Lap

Altima not stylish? Interior materials do need help though.

Maxima- very safe and is more reliable than the camry (look it up). Materials are also very good.

Sentra- whats does the corolla have on it? reliability, yes. Sentra out classes it everywhere else besides reliability (and styling if you desire). With the SE-R and spec-V, Sentra is much better (IMO). Im not aware of the Corollas interior however. I need to find out about it.

G20- doesnt compare to any Lexus (not good enough and/also since lexus doesnt have a car for it to compete against really). Too underpowered. But it is very safe and according to consumer reports, the most reliable vehicle in the you can buy now.

I35- ES is probably the better overall car by a decent margain but I cant get passed its exterior styling. Interior is gorgeous. very luxurious. Thats what lexus is trying to sell it on. The i35 has a luxurious inteiror (on a much lower level) but is much more sporty. I would like to test both cars so that way i can decide which one I would rather get (for preference only). If the ES had the 01 exterior, it would be 100x's better IMO.

Q45- LS430 is probably the better buy for the average (rich) joe. My personal preference is the Q45 however.

G35- is actually a luxurious car. 4car said it had excellent quality and was built very solidly. 4car is always very strict with rating interiors and i was very surprised to see the Skyline rate so well. The design and look is reminescant of Audi to me. Has a thick and german look. This car is what Infiniti will rely on. it truly has everything. Luxury, space (111.2 inch wheelbase allows this), performance, saftey (has tons of active and passive saftey features) also a coming R spec version when nismo arrives to the states in a year or two (on nissannews.com BTW) all for under 30k (rumored) starting. itll be interesting tosee the next Altezza and the new Mazda 6.

I dont see how Nissan is totally outclassed. Id like to see your reasoning.

Last edited by DROD2045; 11-19-01 at 07:37 PM.
Old 11-19-01, 08:26 PM
CamryRR
Rookie

Default Bla Bla

Originally posted by DROD2045
Altima not stylish? Interior materials do need help though.

Maxima- very safe and is more reliable than the camry (look it up). Materials are also very good.

Sentra- whats does the corolla have on it? reliability, yes. Sentra out classes it everywhere else besides reliability (and styling if you desire). With the SE-R and spec-V, Sentra is much better (IMO). Im not aware of the Corollas interior however. I need to find out about it.

G20- doesnt compare to any Lexus (not good enough and/also since lexus doesnt have a car for it to compete against really). Too underpowered. But it is very safe and according to consumer reports, the most reliable vehicle in the you can buy now.

I35- ES is probably the better overall car by a decent margain but I cant get passed its exterior styling. Interior is gorgeous. very luxurious. Thats what lexus is trying to sell it on. The i35 has a luxurious inteiror (on a much lower level) but is much more sporty. I would like to test both cars so that way i can decide which one I would rather get (for preference only). If the ES had the 01 exterior, it would be 100x's better IMO.

Q45- LS430 is probably the better buy for the average (rich) joe. My personal preference is the Q45 however.

G35- is actually a luxurious car. 4car said it had excellent quality and was built very solidly. 4car is always very strict with rating interiors and i was very surprised to see the Skyline rate so well. The design and look is reminescant of Audi to me. Has a thick and german look. This car is what Infiniti will rely on. it truly has everything. Luxury, space (111.2 inch wheelbase allows this), performance, saftey (has tons of active and passive saftey features) also a coming R spec version when nismo arrives to the states in a year or two (on nissannews.com BTW) all for under 30k (rumored) starting. itll be interesting tosee the next Altezza and the new Mazda 6.

I dont see how Nissan is totally outclassed. Id like to see your reasoning.
You know what why dont you try some of those Nissans before you say they are so good.My best friend own a Nissan dealership and i got to try all the new cars out,let me tell you the new Altima is cheap inside and out.It is so dam cheap that even an Echo is better.
The new Maxima is realy FUGLY and even with all the good options its got its still not that good compared to any other similar product.Im sure that when people are on crack the new Maxima looks nice but IMHO its crap and should just be canceled.
If you like that Nissan so much why dont you just get one of those FUGLY cars and stop tell us what you think based on magazine info.In the real world you will see what some of us guys are talking about, in japan Nissan was doing well but why did they go bankcrupt?? Because of poor products and bad management is why.If you want to buy products from a company that might not be here in the future they are a good choice.

BTW if you dont like the Camry "SHOVE IT" cause its better then a POS Maxima for my needs..
Old 11-19-01, 08:47 PM
ONYXIS300
Driver

Talking whats up 1SICKLEX

[Q

Oh and in May the IS 300 will have the factory supercharger with 305 hp so they can bring on the G35! [/B][/QUOTE]where did u hear about this and where can i get more info on it?

Quick Reply: Oh crap! is the new I35 serious threat ?