IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Anyone have an Auburn Sky Lexus??

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-01, 03:03 PM
slammed_IS300

Question

I was just wondering if anyone liked the auburn sky lexus, because I have not seen any pics of one on here, and thats the color mine is...so i think i might post mine if someone else wants to see pics of it........
Old 06-15-01, 03:27 PM
Kanine21
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an SBM/BLK, but I wouldn't mind seeing some pics of an ASP.

I've only one on the street so far, but it was extremely dirty. Too bad the owner doesn't clean like he should.

Post some pics of your ASP! There is like no pics around of that color.
Old 06-18-01, 06:30 AM
slammed_IS300

Thanks! Thats the reason that I got it was because I did not see much of it around. I hate to see a nice car thats dirty too!! I dont know why people cannot take the time to just clean them!! I will try to get them on here as soon as I can. I have been thinking about trading it in though to get the graphite color...what do you think?
Old 06-18-01, 06:34 AM
slammed_IS300

I also wanted to say that I looked at some of your pics, and I like your car....it is very clean
Old 06-18-01, 09:25 AM
RLNPHAT

I have an ASP! If you go one post some pics and so will I once I figure out how to do it.
Old 06-18-01, 10:38 AM
slammed_IS300

Thats cool...so, how long have you had yours??
Old 06-18-01, 11:27 AM
Kanine21
Driver School Candidate

Thanks.

Let me know when you have your pics up so I can check em' out.

I couldn't figure out how to POST them, so I just went to yahoo and opened a photo account and uploaded my pics.

I got my blue also because I haven't seen any, plus I just LOVE that color of blue. The ASP is much more rare I believe cause I've seen two SBM's since I got mine a month ago, and only one ASP ever!

What's kind of cool is that these colors are one year production, so they will be extremely rare after awhile.

I like the GGP, and I've seen quite a few of those so far around this area. They look really nice, but I can't compare it to the ASP as the ONLY one I've seen was that really dirty one, so I couldn't see the richness.

Let me know when you get pics, I wanna see!
Old 06-18-01, 11:29 AM
Risk3233
Driver

IMO there are no bad colors in the IS lineup. ASP is a great color. I have one of the other "uncommon" colors; Imperial Jade Mica (IJM).

You can see a pic of my car in the gallery section. That pic shows my completed suspension.
Old 06-18-01, 11:46 AM
slammed_IS300

thats cool...i have a electron blue civic si too....i like the color blue....i will also have to go check out these pics of the jade....i love that color, i think that it looks very classy!
Old 06-19-01, 10:53 AM
RLNPHAT

Hey slammed_ ! I've had mine since September. I haven't modded it much except for a custom grill that I made and I added a polished e brake handle. I bought some Tanabe Precedeo Super downs, which will probably get put in this weekend. Have you done anything to yours?
Old 06-19-01, 12:49 PM
slammed_IS300

I have done Intake, Springs, Strut Bars, Carbon Fiber kit, DVD, TV, CD, 3 JL W6 12's, 3 JL 500x1 amp and I have had custom work to add 2 Alpine TV's in my headrest...thats about it though....I am about to trade it in on a 2002, but all my buddy's are trying to talk me into buying a Dinan BMW.......
Old 06-19-01, 01:14 PM
RLNPHAT

Sounds like we're gonna have twins. I'm goin' the route with the DVD TVs and stuff too. I'll be using Eclipse equipment. I do my own work, so I know it will be done right. 3 12w6s? Where did you find the room to put those? I'm opting for the aluminum 10s. I'm going to put 2 of them in the back package tray, where the 6x9s are right now. I have the box built, I'm waiting for the equipment. I also have some plans for 19s, a body kit, big brake kit, and lots of performance goodies. I've built quite a few show cars in the past, so I know the end result will look clean.

A Dinan BMW? Not a bad choice, but definitely a tough decision over a 2002.
Old 06-19-01, 02:00 PM
slammed_IS300

Yeah, i know...i really like the BMW, and it is super fast, but I have had really good luck out of the IS!! What do you think....the IS is going to be around 35,000 to 39,000......and the BMW.......its like 40,000 to 48,000.....but here is the good part....my dad is getting my this car for my grad. present and he told me to pick out the car that i wanted under $50,000.00...and those are my two chooses..what would you do??
Old 06-19-01, 02:01 PM
slammed_IS300

Also, the 3 12's are in a custome box that I made...i will take some pictures of it and post it so you can see how i did it....it wasnt that bad, and they hit really good!
Old 06-19-01, 02:17 PM
RLNPHAT

Well, here is my outlook on the Bimmer. My friend just bought one. An '01 330ci, loaded, sport package, Harmon Kardon system, chrome ///M wheels. It is very impressive, and I think it was faster than our IS's stock. However, when I was driving it, I saw about 3 or 4 of the same ones. That is why I opted for the IS myself. The town I live in is covered w/ Bimmers, so I went the other route. I would go with an '02 IS. I just like them better, and with the Nav. and apparently auto up/down windows, I think the IS is a better option. Besides, with the extra cash, you can add an s/c or a turbo and blow the doors off of anything on the street.