IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

>>**>> BIG time congrats to EDGY, our CAR OF THE MONTH!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-05, 07:30 AM
juniorsdad
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats ed...!
great setup
Old 03-07-05, 10:58 AM
edgy
Lead Lap

thanks doods.. it is nice to get a little recog. from all my Bro's.. .esp as i missed the chance to Show this weekend at HIN...

Loks like all my pics didn't get thru email so I will toss a few more up if I can... it has abeen a long 3 years of building this car & the associated trials & tribulations with the buildup... pretty much what all car modding freaks have gone thru... but i am pretty happy with the car now & looks like i will be finding a new daily driver & keeping this boosty **** more for show & track days as soon as I can.. it is really difficult keeping it clean & nice if i gotta drive it daily 45 miles to work & back. the power is Awesome now with the ATI Procharger C2 unit installed temporarily uintill the new ATI PL- 600 unit comes on line...

Luxury Motor Works & I have some really nice things planned for this car for the next few months & by late e spring early summer it should be pretty much complete...

as for " how much" just don't even ask..

Justin/ AAC did do the conversion to my headlitghts, he added the Gen 6 Halos & Painted the interiors GGP as well as added the Hella Projector in the Hi beam spot & smoked lightly the side marker lens. We used an extra set of OEM HID bulbs & Ballasts to power the Hella Projectors for the Hi beams they are SICK as all hell on a canyon road at night....

as for the displacement issue...we had a ring landing break on a piston & also spun a bearing somehow when the Original TBKO kit was acrting up & being Fixed/Dynoed at SP or ?? dunno exactly when it happened but only 3 weeks later & we were pulling the motor out after investigating a NASTY *** rod knock & when weh saw the damage to the crank journal...we decided to rebuild it & go with Forged internals*& lower compression for Max boost while we were at it ..... so we had to bore the cylinders a bit due to some cylinder wall scoring caused by the broken ring landings floating around in there & we ended up going with the Arias forged pistons & a Supra TT forged crank etc etc

it was certainly not a huge displacement increase but it was done & was not insignificant .. so I just posted 3.1 for fun...could be more could be less i am not totally sure of the numbers....

FWIW we are sitting pretty at about 300 RWHP plus a few & the car is still totally untuned & running safely rich off the interim LMW/ FMU we have a long way to go to see what we have ultimately built here & I for one cannot WAIT to get it all dialed & see a final solid reliable RWHP number with ALL the tweaks thrown in!

Last edited by edgy; 03-07-05 at 04:59 PM.
Old 03-07-05, 12:40 PM
Static911

Congrat Edgy!
Old 03-07-05, 12:56 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ED,

Congrats see what time and money get's you CAR OF THE MONTH
Old 03-08-05, 11:21 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light
Forum Moderator

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by edgy
thanks doods.. it is nice to get a little recog. from all my Bro's.. .esp as i missed the chance to Show this weekend at HIN...

Loks like all my pics didn't get thru email so I will toss a few more up if I can... it has abeen a long 3 years of building this car & the associated trials & tribulations with the buildup... pretty much what all car modding freaks have gone thru... but i am pretty happy with the car now & looks like i will be finding a new daily driver & keeping this boosty **** more for show & track days as soon as I can.. it is really difficult keeping it clean & nice if i gotta drive it daily 45 miles to work & back. the power is Awesome now with the ATI Procharger C2 unit installed temporarily uintill the new ATI PL- 600 unit comes on line...

Luxury Motor Works & I have some really nice things planned for this car for the next few months & by late e spring early summer it should be pretty much complete...

as for " how much" just don't even ask..

Justin/ AAC did do the conversion to my headlitghts, he added the Gen 6 Halos & Painted the interiors GGP as well as added the Hella Projector in the Hi beam spot & smoked lightly the side marker lens. We used an extra set of OEM HID bulbs & Ballasts to power the Hella Projectors for the Hi beams they are SICK as all hell on a canyon road at night....

as for the displacement issue...we had a ring landing break on a piston & also spun a bearing somehow when the Original TBKO kit was acrting up & being Fixed/Dynoed at SP or ?? dunno exactly when it happened but only 3 weeks later & we were pulling the motor out after investigating a NASTY *** rod knock & when weh saw the damage to the crank journal...we decided to rebuild it & go with Forged internals*& lower compression for Max boost while we were at it ..... so we had to bore the cylinders a bit due to some cylinder wall scoring caused by the broken ring landings floating around in there & we ended up going with the Arias forged pistons & a Supra TT forged crank etc etc

it was certainly not a huge displacement increase but it was done & was not insignificant .. so I just posted 3.1 for fun...could be more could be less i am not totally sure of the numbers....

FWIW we are sitting pretty at about 300 RWHP plus a few & the car is still totally untuned & running safely rich off the interim LMW/ FMU we have a long way to go to see what we have ultimately built here & I for one cannot WAIT to get it all dialed & see a final solid reliable RWHP number with ALL the tweaks thrown in!

AWSOME!
Old 03-19-05, 11:38 AM
neil rozz
Driver

YO EDGY your car looks great

new pics of G ride
http://home.comcast.net/~neil.r/G35/