IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Traction Control Light Flashing

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-04, 10:09 PM
bchau_gt
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by flipside909
My friend was having the same exact problem on his 02. The TRAC OFF and CEL simultaneously came on with the TRAC OFF flashing. We reset the ECU and it hasn't come back since.
Ya, bulldog, try just resetting your ECU first and see if the lights come back. It doesn't work for me, but my setup is a lot more complex. My CEL and flashing TRAC OFF come back pretty much immediately. I either have a bad O2 sensor, bad O2 sim, or my only remaining cat is burning up.
Old 06-12-04, 08:07 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

Default Re: Traction Control Light Flashing

Originally posted by bulldog13
I was riding down the interstate and my traction control light started flash. What do i do or what does this mean? Thanks in advance
This happened to me awhile ago. My problem was, my brake fluids were low and there was a leak in the anti-lock brake system. One of the hoses were leaking.... check your brake fluids and lines.

-sOlo-
Old 06-14-04, 07:33 AM
B.Diddy
Lexotic Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by bulldog13
yes my check engine light has been on for the past month due to a bad o2 sensor, from where the exhaust and intake were changed. but im saying that the track off light is flashing and the traction control is not even working. could this be caused by the bad o2 sensor. i could see that the light would flash with the cel if its tied in together but it would still work right??????? anyways im confused still why it would all of the sudden come on while driving down the interstate and then quit working all together
To make a long story short and to stop the pointless guessing...... Check Engine light + Trac OFF flashing plus diagnosed bad O2 Sensor = Engine Misfire on 1 or more cylidners. The bad 02 sensor is giving the wrong voltage to the ECU and you are misfiring.

Been there, done that. I've since gotten past it. Good Luck.
Old 06-14-04, 09:15 PM
bchau_gt
Lead Lap

Originally posted by B.Diddy
To make a long story short and to stop the pointless guessing...... Check Engine light + Trac OFF flashing plus diagnosed bad O2 Sensor = Engine Misfire on 1 or more cylidners. The bad 02 sensor is giving the wrong voltage to the ECU and you are misfiring.

Been there, done that. I've since gotten past it. Good Luck.
Hmmm, I'm not sure that's always the case. It's true that a CEL and flashing TRAC OFF could mean misfires, but it could really be anything O2/emissions or A/F ratio related. When I first got the CEL and flashing TRAC OFF, I was getting misfires and I knew that because of the OBDII DTCs I pulled from my car. Later, I was not getting misfires and have gotten some other random codes, but not misfires.

That's what I've learned from having the CEL and flashing TRAC OFF since my S/C install. I've thrown a bunch of different codes.

However, I know B.Diddy has tinkered with his car much more than me, so I may be wrong.

Last edited by bchau_gt; 06-14-04 at 09:20 PM.
Old 06-30-04, 01:29 AM
AltezzaBob
Rookie

if you done **** with your engine ECU, OBD2, o2 sensors and stuff, be prepared for the CEL and TRAC flashy flashy.

But if your o2 sensor is bad, then your car IS misfiring. Like whoever said before it is your O2 sensor at fault primarily here because: If O2 sensor gives off bad readings, then it'll misfire. In turn misfiring is what the ECU does to the engine in the event of TRACTION slip. Traction control, is basically purposed misfiring your engine so the motor doesnt create as much power and puts you back in control..

I hope you understand here...

-Bobby
Old 06-30-04, 01:35 AM
AltezzaBob
Rookie

bchau_gt, how'd you get that picture underneath your name for your profile?
Old 06-30-04, 10:57 AM
bchau_gt
Lead Lap

Originally posted by AltezzaBob
bchau_gt, how'd you get that picture underneath your name for your profile?
Hey Bob, the little picture is just my avatar that you can setup through your forum profile.