IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Suprise Suprise, .net down again

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-04, 01:05 PM
princess4
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hahah....i can ban you if i want

it's cool, i am fairly certain jedi and webmaster are aware of the issues over there...it just has gotten so out of hand that if we try to change back, it could be disastrous
Old 05-03-04, 01:33 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally posted by princess4
i agree on the whole talking out of your *** part but i don't know how you can say it's always getting better

Yeah I agree with that. There should be a disclaimer for people on .net: User beware, new a$$hole will be implemented by other users and mods if you ask the wrong questions!
Old 05-03-04, 01:35 PM
IS_Dude
Driver

but, but... but.... you are an ***.. j/k

see, humor isn't too bad is it?

i know what you mean man. just sometimes I'd rather have it out and make sure that by the end of the post there's definitive data rather than it going to no conclusion. But I agree that many people can't take that and they don't want to see or read those types of posts.

i spend more and more time at SF now anyway. far more knowlege and people who have actually done the things i want to do there than the IS community. plus w/ .net being down it's a total pain.

Originally posted by rominl
hey hey hey, don' tmake it like i am an *** man, i always try to be nice! i love to listen to all these comments, it's how we can improve this forum i think. it's ok to have jokes and stuff around, we have that all the time in other forums. just that don't want to get heated up (which seems to me to be the case often ). i agree politeness doesn't bring all information, but without politeness it definitely brings hate
Old 05-03-04, 02:02 PM
BigJoeD
Pole Position

Hey at least I can still buy stuff from the .net store
Old 05-03-04, 05:43 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally posted by IS_Dude

i know what you mean man. just sometimes I'd rather have it out and make sure that by the end of the post there's definitive data rather than it going to no conclusion. But I agree that many people can't take that and they don't want to see or read those types of posts.

i spend more and more time at SF now anyway. far more knowlege and people who have actually done the things i want to do there than the IS community. plus w/ .net being down it's a total pain.
haha see, now you get me thinking whether you MEANT it or not! damnit

call me stupdi, but what's SF??!?!
Old 05-03-04, 05:46 PM
IS_Dude
Driver

hahaahaaaa.. you don't trust me for nothing... oh well.. i tried

SF is SupraForums and where i'm off to.

Originally posted by rominl
haha see, now you get me thinking whether you MEANT it or not! damnit

call me stupdi, but what's SF??!?!
Old 05-03-04, 06:26 PM
TCM080903
Pole Position

Originally posted by DaveGS4
It's always getting better over here too, lol. ClubLexus isn't for everyone and IS300.net isn't either... both forums have distincly different approaches to dealing with what you term 'beat downs' and 'slams'. IS300.net allows NWS material and we do not. IS300.net has far more indepth info on the IS, CL focuses on all models and has great depth of material on GS and SC. There is plenty of room for everyone in both communities, some may prefer one approach to another. I'd like to see folks contribute to both and regularly refer folks over to IS300.net for information we might not have here on CL.

We do expect our members to 1) have a reasonably open mind to new ideas and 2) be able to end a conflict of opinons gracefully... not continue to go at it over and over and over and over and over again. There is no need to 'slam' or 'beat down' someone you don't agree with.... If someone has valuable knowledge about a topic that is contrary to what is posted -just share it and back up what you say with details. Maybe try to listen to their point of vew or at least agree to disagree. Contrary opinions do not always have to be presented as an arguement or attack.
agree with both you and IS Dude....both forums are different, but that doesn't stop me from participating in either one... everyone seems to strive or want this one perfect, "be all and end all" car forum, but that's not realistic. there's plenty of room for various IS/Lexus forums...no need to bash on other sites...what good does that do? but i'm definitely happy to have other sites to surf when one forum is down!
Old 05-04-04, 01:30 AM
crazeazn
Rookie

yeap and .net is still down... *sigh*
Old 05-04-04, 06:57 AM
oneeyejack
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by IS_Dude

jeff, poker??
Old 05-04-04, 07:08 AM
IS_Dude
Driver

Originally posted by oneeyejack
jeff, poker??
yea, man. maybe next week. i'll know for sure today or tomorrow.
Old 05-04-04, 09:49 AM
dune
Driver

A trying time for .NET...

So let's see: First we had repeated hardware failures. Then we had a phpnuke attack. And now, an actual Linux virus. To say I'm frustrated is quite an understatement...

Anyway, the site should be back up today, and assuming we're clean, should be quite stable (especially on the new server we got). So I want to thank everyone for their patience and words of encouragement.

Once we're running again, we'll be putting a lot of effort into some new forum and portal software. I'm very excited about what's planned and the new capabilities and features that will be part of the site. Among those features will be a lot of new moderation capabilities and a reputation system that will reward those members who help and boot those members that continually cause problems.

So, again, thanks for sticking this out with us - we promise not to disappoint.
Old 05-04-04, 09:59 AM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by dune

So let's see: First we had repeated hardware failures. Then we had a phpnuke attack. And now, an actual Linux virus. To say I'm frustrated is quite an understatement...

Anyway, the site should be back up today, and assuming we're clean, should be quite stable (especially on the new server we got). So I want to thank everyone for their patience and words of encouragement.

Once we're running again, we'll be putting a lot of effort into some new forum and portal software. I'm very excited about what's planned and the new capabilities and features that will be part of the site. Among those features will be a lot of new moderation capabilities and a reputation system that will reward those members who help and boot those members that continually cause problems.

sounds excellent Tony...

looking forward to the new and improved is300.net
Old 05-04-04, 10:02 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,119 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Best of luck Tony. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.
Old 05-04-04, 10:02 AM
Phillzpeed
Rookie

Man, sounds like lots of interesting and exciting things on the horizon for IS300.NET.

Cannot wait to see how it all turns out!!!
Old 05-04-04, 10:17 AM
CRB
Lead Lap

The guy with the flames and the big L needed to get bashed.

All I can say is IS300.NET is having some serious "issues" right now and will be welcome when it finally returns. The anti-Sportcross bias is the worst part about the NET.

Quick Reply: Suprise Suprise, .net down again