IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Suprise Suprise, .net down again

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-04, 11:25 AM
OKCIS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think what you guys have going over here is a great thing and the fact that you guys are really excited about input and looking for new things to bring people over here is a major plus.

One thing you may use is that Library section up there and start taking all the info and articles people write (with permission of course) and make an IS 300 section in there and that thing could just be a big huge database of knowledge and would make it easy for people to find stuff.

No need to search just go to the clublexus.com library!
Old 05-01-04, 09:35 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Here's a new general error:

Could not obtain post/user information.

Old 05-01-04, 10:53 PM
vboy418
Lexus Champion

yeps its down AGAIN argh!
Old 05-02-04, 05:58 AM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tts been down since like early last night....
Old 05-02-04, 11:54 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

damn it's down again? i am doing some brain storming here already about setting up couple of threads of information, and also leeting people putting in their info too. hopefully i can crank something out and you guys like it.

if you have more inputs feel free to let me know!
Old 05-02-04, 09:42 PM
vboy418
Lexus Champion

someone let make a new .net! its down again!!! argghgg!!!

Last edited by vboy418; 05-03-04 at 06:22 AM.
Old 05-03-04, 03:12 AM
G2FAST
Lead Lap

I don't post there any more but I stopped to see if it was up and walking and found:

IS300.NET will be back.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

The .NET Store is still open...

Old 05-03-04, 06:18 AM
vboy418
Lexus Champion

yea only .net store it open!

Last edited by vboy418; 05-03-04 at 06:20 AM.
Old 05-03-04, 07:23 AM
IS_Dude
Driver

just to address the little slam on .net that was going on. rominl is rolling his eyes right now.. lol.. it's alright man calm down..

the reason i don't participate on this site is if someone says something wrong(opinion or not) I can't tell them they are wrong. If I go through lengths to explain why w/ information and proof and say there post is wrong, misleading and misinformed i get warned. it's always said it's the way i phrased it or whatever.

you can't be sarcastic on this site, you can't be cocky on this site, and you can't joke around on this site. eveyone is just too touchy. i think you guys are alright, i just wish everyone would lighten up a little. hell the only one's i slam are the knowledgable members who mis-state something, i never do it to a newb.

.net is far from perfect, and the recent server/software problems are rediculous, but I still like the feel and freedom over there. the attitude over there has changed quite a bit recently too.

it's always getting better, but if you talk out your *** over there be prepared to get beat down. I prefer it that way otherwise you'll have people stating things that are wrong and misleading. If I'm wrong about something I want people to point it out so others learn from it. Politeness on a forum doesn't get the truth flushed out, it only propogates mis-information.
Old 05-03-04, 09:10 AM
tsopranoMB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ GREAT points made Jeff.....
Old 05-03-04, 10:05 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,296 Posts

Originally posted by IS_Dude
just to address the little slam on .net that was going on. rominl is rolling his eyes right now.. lol.. it's alright man calm down..

the reason i don't participate on this site is if someone says something wrong(opinion or not) I can't tell them they are wrong. If I go through lengths to explain why w/ information and proof and say there post is wrong, misleading and misinformed i get warned. it's always said it's the way i phrased it or whatever.

you can't be sarcastic on this site, you can't be cocky on this site, and you can't joke around on this site. eveyone is just too touchy. i think you guys are alright, i just wish everyone would lighten up a little. hell the only one's i slam are the knowledgable members who mis-state something, i never do it to a newb.

.net is far from perfect, and the recent server/software problems are rediculous, but I still like the feel and freedom over there. the attitude over there has changed quite a bit recently too.

it's always getting better, but if you talk out your *** over there be prepared to get beat down. I prefer it that way otherwise you'll have people stating things that are wrong and misleading. If I'm wrong about something I want people to point it out so others learn from it. Politeness on a forum doesn't get the truth flushed out, it only propogates mis-information.
It's always getting better over here too, lol. ClubLexus isn't for everyone and IS300.net isn't either... both forums have distincly different approaches to dealing with what you term 'beat downs' and 'slams'. IS300.net allows NWS material and we do not. IS300.net has far more indepth info on the IS, CL focuses on all models and has great depth of material on GS and SC. There is plenty of room for everyone in both communities, some may prefer one approach to another. I'd like to see folks contribute to both and regularly refer folks over to IS300.net for information we might not have here on CL.

We do expect our members to 1) have a reasonably open mind to new ideas and 2) be able to end a conflict of opinons gracefully... not continue to go at it over and over and over and over and over again. There is no need to 'slam' or 'beat down' someone you don't agree with.... If someone has valuable knowledge about a topic that is contrary to what is posted -just share it and back up what you say with details. Maybe try to listen to their point of vew or at least agree to disagree. Contrary opinions do not always have to be presented as an arguement or attack.
Old 05-03-04, 10:18 AM
princess4
Rookie

it's always getting better, but if you talk out your *** over there be prepared to get beat down. I prefer it that way otherwise you'll have people stating things that are wrong and misleading. If I'm wrong about something I want people to point it out so others learn from it. Politeness on a forum doesn't get the truth flushed out, it only propogates mis-information. [/B]
i agree on the whole talking out of your *** part but i don't know how you can say it's always getting better

it might have gotten a lttle better cuz people are nicer when they say "do a search" or "IBTL" but other than that, they are worse...recently, 2 people have posted about their cars, one with a paint job and the other with a car he bought from a dealer that has a big L on it....it turned into 3-4 page threads with bashing
i know that they post their pics on an open forum for public ridicule but it's still ridiculous the comments they get, if these people saw the person in real life with their car, they would be much more subtle about it, not nearly as rude....

the PL is an entirely different story and i rarely lurk in there anymore cuz of it

keep in mind, that I am an admin over there and try to help out as much as possible, but since it's sort of the norm to be like that, it's hard to change it
Old 05-03-04, 11:31 AM
IS_Dude
Driver

damn.. haven't seen that bashing lately so i guess my ignorance is bliss on that. i "thought" it was a little better cause the gofaster has been much tamer lately than in the last year.

i hardly go beyond the gofast area, the race related area and sometime SD&R and wheels in a blue moon. that and the moderator forum and that sums up my .net experience. i guess other forums arent' improving. that's sad. i hoped that everyhting was gettting better.

Originally posted by princess4
i agree on the whole talking out of your *** part but i don't know how you can say it's always getting better

it might have gotten a lttle better cuz people are nicer when they say "do a search" or "IBTL" but other than that, they are worse...recently, 2 people have posted about their cars, one with a paint job and the other with a car he bought from a dealer that has a big L on it....it turned into 3-4 page threads with bashing
i know that they post their pics on an open forum for public ridicule but it's still ridiculous the comments they get, if these people saw the person in real life with their car, they would be much more subtle about it, not nearly as rude....

the PL is an entirely different story and i rarely lurk in there anymore cuz of it

keep in mind, that I am an admin over there and try to help out as much as possible, but since it's sort of the norm to be like that, it's hard to change it
Old 05-03-04, 12:40 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

hey hey hey, don' tmake it like i am an *** man, i always try to be nice! i love to listen to all these comments, it's how we can improve this forum i think. it's ok to have jokes and stuff around, we have that all the time in other forums. just that don't want to get heated up (which seems to me to be the case often ). i agree politeness doesn't bring all information, but without politeness it definitely brings hate
Old 05-03-04, 12:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by princess4

ok, for one i didn't know you are an admin there. i gotta be careful then

Quick Reply: Suprise Suprise, .net down again