IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Suprise Suprise, .net down again

Old 04-27-04, 12:37 PM
irv_usc
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow. my first post??

for one thing, 99.9% of the new questions on .net have already been asked, and discussed.

the thing about clublexus is, it seems like IS's aren't as abundant, because most of the owners find is300.net first, and just stay there, since there is a bunch more info about the car than over here.

now, maybe some admins of CL should "recruit" some of the more knowledgeable .net members to contribute content to this site???
Old 04-27-04, 04:58 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally posted by irv_usc

now, maybe some admins of CL should "recruit" some of the more knowledgeable .net members to contribute content to this site???
Haha, i'm sure that would be definitely possible if we can bring more traffic to this side of CL.
Old 04-27-04, 11:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally posted by irv_usc
wow. my first post??

for one thing, 99.9% of the new questions on .net have already been asked, and discussed.

the thing about clublexus is, it seems like IS's aren't as abundant, because most of the owners find is300.net first, and just stay there, since there is a bunch more info about the car than over here.

yeah, make sure you stay here
Old 04-28-04, 09:28 PM
G2FAST
Lead Lap

An idea I had:

In the IS forum we can have threads that cover big issues, example:

IS300 Body/Exterior/Exhaust/Intake = Place photos & names of body kits.
IS300 Wheels/Tires/Brakes/Suspension = Under each catagory photos & text.
IS300 News = All threads & photos of future IS's.

I'm sure we can do this for additional question's that might be asked a lot. What do you guys think?
Old 04-30-04, 03:01 PM
kaidoy021
Driver School Candidate

Angry

Something is always wrong with the site. Everytime I click on a thread, I get this error message. I guess they haven't fixed all the bugs.

-Patrick
Old 04-30-04, 03:04 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Two words I hate when going on a message board:

Invalid Session
Old 04-30-04, 03:46 PM
princess4
Rookie

"fatal error" kills me
Old 04-30-04, 05:17 PM
G2FAST
Lead Lap

Originally posted by flipside909
Two words I hate when going on a message board:

Invalid Session
I 2nd that and you have to re-write everything you posted!I started coping everything before hitting the sumit button but it's a pain.
Old 04-30-04, 05:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

that's why every time i posted in that site, i copied all my posts first before hitting the submit button
Old 04-30-04, 08:41 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally posted by ISLEXUS300
I 2nd that and you have to re-write everything you posted!I started coping everything before hitting the sumit button but it's a pain.
Yeah I've been trying to discipline myself to do that as well. It's annoying. Especially if you have written alot.
Old 04-30-04, 08:50 PM
OKCIS
Rookie

I would post here all the time if the amount of info here was as abundant as .net but im hoping it gets that way. The owners of .net know they have a problem but they dont seem to care about trying to fix it instead they just let their moderators slam people also which should never happen on a site that big.

Plus you get alot of people who want to live on the parking lot which is a total waste of bandwidth.

I hate baggin on .net cause i like the site and some of the people over there are awesome but some of it is just rediculous all you hear from them is DO A SEARCH! well guess what if all anyone did was a search there would be no purpose at all for forums cause everything would already be talked about and you might as well shut the forums down and make a big database and leave it at that. The purpose is for fellow owners to interact and talk about the cars together whcih happens here and is why i like to lurk around this place i need to just start posting more often.

Antoher thing this place needs and it may have it i just havent bothered to look at any of the other forums is a Buy/Sell section just for IS 300's thats another big plus for .net.

All in all what i see about to happen is everyone from .net is gonna leave it and come here and tunedparts.com and that will be the 2 top places before too long.

Anyway my rant is off and to everyone i havent met here Hello and hopefully youll all get to see alot more of me around here.
Old 04-30-04, 10:54 PM
_DAG_
Driver

Default suggestions

by ISLEXUS300:
An idea I had:
In the IS forum we can have threads that cover big issues, example:

IS300 Body/Exterior/Exhaust/Intake = Place photos & names of body kits.
IS300 Wheels/Tires/Brakes/Suspension = Under each catagory photos & text.
IS300 News = All threads & photos of future IS's.

I'm sure we can do this for additional question's that might be asked a lot. What do you guys think?

Hey those are some great suggestions that would make CL more comparable to .net. More categorized forums=better information and visibility. I'd like to see all of those changes myself. Thanks.
Old 05-01-04, 10:58 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Default Re: suggestions

Originally posted by _DAG_
by ISLEXUS300:

Hey those are some great suggestions that would make CL more comparable to .net. More categorized forums=better information and visibility. I'd like to see all of those changes myself. Thanks.
yes, i will give it some thoughts and how i can compoose something to help out members
Old 05-01-04, 10:59 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by JamesIS300
I would post here all the time if the amount of info here was as abundant as .net but im hoping it gets that way. The owners of .net know they have a problem but they dont seem to care about trying to fix it instead they just let their moderators slam people also which should never happen on a site that big.

Plus you get alot of people who want to live on the parking lot which is a total waste of bandwidth.

I hate baggin on .net cause i like the site and some of the people over there are awesome but some of it is just rediculous all you hear from them is DO A SEARCH! well guess what if all anyone did was a search there would be no purpose at all for forums cause everything would already be talked about and you might as well shut the forums down and make a big database and leave it at that. The purpose is for fellow owners to interact and talk about the cars together whcih happens here and is why i like to lurk around this place i need to just start posting more often.

Antoher thing this place needs and it may have it i just havent bothered to look at any of the other forums is a Buy/Sell section just for IS 300's thats another big plus for .net.

All in all what i see about to happen is everyone from .net is gonna leave it and come here and tunedparts.com and that will be the 2 top places before too long.

Anyway my rant is off and to everyone i havent met here Hello and hopefully youll all get to see alot more of me around here.
some great insights, personally i appreciate it a lot. i agree that the for sale forum on .net is just crazy, honestly if i really have to buy something used i would go to .net for sure.

i will try to see how i can get some information gathered and probably create some stickies for the is300 forums here. anything helps
Old 05-01-04, 11:22 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally posted by JamesIS300

I totally agree with you on that. I have a forum for my own club (www.teamsc3.com) and highly discourage off topic chatter unless it's pertinent to the topic. I usually refer those poeple to offtopic.net or something if they care to do so. A little off topic is okay...unless it's pointless bandwith wasting. That's when I usually warn them and then delete their posts.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Suprise Suprise, .net down again