IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

pricing help!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-04, 02:26 PM
nippiexfam
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pricing help!!

Hello all, i'm new to the forums. I have done a lot of researchin on the invoice price of the is300. Can I get anyone elses prices? I just came back from the dealer today and the most I was able to knock off was 2220 because i had a printout from the internet sales dept. I told him I can get it for 500 over invoice, and he agreed to match it. He would not tell me what the invoice price was unless I agreed to purchase the car. 500 over invoice sounds good to me but, I don't want him to rip me off. I dont trust these salesman very much. He can print out a fake invoice or something and add 500 on top of that. Does anyone know the exact invoice price for the 2004 is300? No navigation. The msrp was about 33,449. Something around that number. If you can help please do, also i read other posts that referred to Elizabeth of Longo Lexus. I am from sacramento and i am willing to drive dodwn to so cal if they will give me a good deal. Please help if you can, thanks in advanced guys. I just want the first purchase of a new car to run smooth and not get ripped off. I have never bought a new car before.

nip
Old 02-27-04, 03:56 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Hi Nip,

Welcome to Club Lexus. Please check your pm.
Old 02-27-04, 07:33 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts
Default Re: pricing help!!

Originally posted by nippiexfam
Please help if you can, thanks in advanced guys. I just want the first purchase of a new car to run smooth and not get ripped off. I have never bought a new car before.

nip
Liz is definitely the person to talk to. She's sold many vehicles to friends of mine as well as friends from in the Bay Area. She's very helpful and she's very nice. And she owes me dinner.

Good Luck!
Old 02-28-04, 06:43 PM
nippiexfam
Driver School Candidate

Talking

Liz is the MAN.......errr...WOMAN!! YEAH!! haha. She owes you dinner eh? I hope all works well. She does sound kinda cute and young. : P
Old 03-10-04, 08:46 PM
nippiexfam
Driver School Candidate

paperworks all filled out for the 04 is300. I hope it arrives here safely. Thanks to Elizabeth.
Old 03-10-04, 09:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Liz is the MAN.......errr...WOMAN!! YEAH!! haha. She owes you dinner eh? I hope all works well. She does sound kinda cute and young. : P
well she is definitely nice and pretty, trust me, if i were not married..... ANYWAY
Old 03-10-04, 09:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

and hey, nippiexfam, you not going to thank me?
Old 03-11-04, 02:44 AM
nippiexfam
Driver School Candidate

yes i would ALSO like to THANK rominil. lol for his recommendations to ELIZABETH. HE has been VERY helpful. thanks ONCE AGAIN OH GREAT ROMINIL. ok, how was that for a THANK YOU?! haha
Old 03-11-04, 06:18 AM
2jz_whoa
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet I think i ended up getting mine out the door for 33,500. with t,t,l. They had to order it so it should be here in a week or two im so excited.
Old 03-11-04, 07:05 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

paperworks all filled out for the 04 is300. I hope it arrives here safely. Thanks to Elizabeth.
Sounds like Elizabeth treated you pretty well...congragulations on your new car. If she is THAT honest.... (and it sounds like it , from Flip's and Rominl's posts).....she'll tell you that the printed invoice is not always the actual dealer's cost, and that dealers sometimes get holdback money and other incentives that are not public knowledge. Even Edmunds.com can't always figure it out, either. But from the comments posted here, it looks like this saleslady apparantly has made a lot of friends and satisfied customers. So I would just enjoy your new car and not worry about every last dime you spent for it.
You will find, over the life of your car, that the quality of SERVICE at a dealership is a lot more important than the absolute last rock-bottom sales price.
Old 03-11-04, 10:26 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

yes i would ALSO like to THANK rominil. lol for his recommendations to ELIZABETH. HE has been VERY helpful. thanks ONCE AGAIN OH GREAT ROMINIL. ok, how was that for a THANK YOU?! haha
hey that's mean man

marshall, i guess to us the only thing that matters is that no one can beat eliz's price, that's all we care
Old 03-11-04, 07:38 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally posted by rominl

marshall, i guess to us the only thing that matters is that no one can beat eliz's price, that's all we care
Hahahaha I agree to that wholeheartedly. Riverside and Crown Lexus couldn't even get close to what Eliz offered me. That's why she owes me dinner now.
Old 03-11-04, 08:40 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by flipside909
Hahahaha I agree to that wholeheartedly. Riverside and Crown Lexus couldn't even get close to what Eliz offered me. That's why she owes me dinner now.
hey now how come i OWE her two dinners
Old 03-12-04, 01:50 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally posted by rominl
hey that's mean man

You won't get any arguments from me there. Besides, if the service is better somewhere else, you can always buy from her and use somebody else's shop.
I agree with you guys...if she is that honest....stick with her. There are a lot of sharks in both the sales and service buisness.....and I often feel like kicking them in the a--. It really p----es me off when I see people get taken.....and a lot of people don't know cars like we do here in this forum. They end up being perfect shark bait in the showroom or service bay.
You and Flip use the same dealership out there? I gather that from your posts. Seems like both of you know this lady pretty well.
Old 03-12-04, 02:27 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by mmarshall
You won't get any arguments from me there. Besides, if the service is better somewhere else, you can always buy from her and use somebody else's shop.
I agree with you guys...if she is that honest....stick with her. There are a lot of sharks in both the sales and service buisness.....and I often feel like kicking them in the a--. It really p----es me off when I see people get taken.....and a lot of people don't know cars like we do here in this forum. They end up being perfect shark bait in the showroom or service bay.
You and Flip use the same dealership out there? I gather that from your posts. Seems like both of you know this lady pretty well.
yes, elizabeth is a good friend of mine (i think, hahaha) and i have referred a few people to her:

flipside909 - is300
indogal (rmmgs4) - is300
my wife's coworker - es300
my friend's aun - sc430
nippiexfam - is300
justin - is300

not sure if i missed someone, i lost track already. i like her a lot in a sense that she's very honest, she give you a price and that's about what she can do. and use that price and go outside, hardly anyone could come close (in my case at least). and i hate going into the dealership in the morning and find yourself in your new car when they close. i went to her after lunch at around 2, and by 3:15 i was driving my is300 to the shop where my wife tested her gowns (i remember so clearly coz' our appointment was right at 3:30)

Quick Reply: pricing help!!