Looking for a sportcross

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-04, 01:21 AM
westcott
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a sportcross

Hi all

I'm so happy to find this IS300 forum tonight. Basically, I'm looking for a sportcross and I have been spend so much time to get opinion about this car. After checking some email thread, it seems like it is not difficult to take 3k to 4k off the MRSP of a IS300 sedan. But, how about sportcross? I have been searching around for a used 2003, it seems like it is pretty hard to negotiate a good price with the dealership. Btw, I'm from N. California.

Westcott
P.S. Good to meet you all and looking forward to get my IS300 and will spend more time to share my opinion with you all.
Old 01-29-04, 01:04 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

hey welcome, another norcal folk we have a big group here man

for the pricing, if you want, pm Longo Lexus about it. she's a superb sales and a lot of us got our cars from her (including me). she can give you a lot of info, maybe even find a car for you (couple of us in norcal got our cars from longo lexus too!)

if you want her cell phone and stuff pm me
Old 01-29-04, 02:27 PM
westcott
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for your warm welcome. Since I prefer yellow color, 04 sportcross no longer offer this color. So, I may need to go for the used one. If I change my mind, I'll contact longo lexus. Btw, are you guys fly to L.A. and they will pick you up from airport. If so, the deal will be done before you order your ticket, right. Is it worth it to do it that way.

Westcott
Old 01-29-04, 04:14 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

well she (elizabeth) sells used cars too i believe, you never know what you will run into. you can definitely fly down and then pick up the car, i don't know if someone can go to airport to pick you up though, but i am sure elizabeth can work on that. i drove down to pick up my car coz' my wife is there so it's not a problem

and about the price, yes it's worth it. you have to believe me on this, but her price is unbeatable. when i was looking for my is3 her price was way below others. and when rmmgs4 got his is3, basically even if they were to ship the car up to his door (another 300 bucks or so), it's still cheaper than what you can ask for here (he chose to fly down coz' ticket is only like 100 bucks, and he had to pick up something else). it's how good she is

i don't usually advertise for someone, but elizabeth is definitely the person to go to if you want a car. i walked in at 1:30pm in my old acura and 2 hours later at 3:15pm i was driving my new is3 out of the dealership, not to mention all the followup calls to make sure everything is alright
Old 01-29-04, 04:24 PM
westcott
Driver School Candidate

Sounds pretty good. That's why I treasure a lot to chat with people in the forum. I really want to go for some dealership which I can trust. From the past, I have some hard time with some dealership. I really don't want to get into the same problem again. For my philosophy, I'm not just buying car. I really want to have a satisfactory service from the dealership. If I can't get any respect nor satisfactory service from the dealership, I won't even buy the car I like. I'll go for other trust worthy dealership.

Thanks for your great info. Hope I'll get my sportX very soon.

Westcott
Old 01-29-04, 10:00 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts
Default Re: Looking for a sportcross

Originally posted by westcott
. Btw, I'm from N. California.

Yep, it's worth the drive to get it from the largest Lexus dealer in the West Coast. Longo! Rominl and INDGOGRL are from NorCal and purchased their Lexus down here. Definitely talk to Elizabeth when you get a chance. You won't regret it. Like rominl, I stepped into Longo after work at 7:30pm and sealed the deal by 9pm. The longest part was choosing the color.

Last edited by flipside909; 01-29-04 at 10:02 PM.
Old 01-30-04, 10:08 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Re: Re: Looking for a sportcross

Originally posted by flipside909
Yep, it's worth the drive to get it from the largest Lexus dealer in the West Coast. Longo! Rominl and INDGOGRL are from NorCal and purchased their Lexus down here. Definitely talk to Elizabeth when you get a chance. You won't regret it. Like rominl, I stepped into Longo after work at 7:30pm and sealed the deal by 9pm. The longest part was choosing the color.
Longest part for the color? From what you told us last week , silver was a natural for you.....anything but tan.
Old 01-30-04, 08:01 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: Looking for a sportcross

Originally posted by mmarshall
Longest part for the color? From what you told us last week , silver was a natural for you.....anything but tan.
Graphite Gray Pearl, Crystal White and Millenium Silver Metallic was my criteria the night I went. There were many GGP and MSM parked next to each other. I based my final color decision on visual maintenance and durability (based on the amount of miles I drive) and MSM was what I decided on. Those remaining 03 Black Onyx Sport Designs were tempting...price wise..but black is not an option. Another leading factor to my decision was that GGP was closely related to black in a sense it's harder to maintain and is a dark color. I would have gone white but the last 3 Toyotas I have owned (Corolla, Avalon, Solara) were white...so silver was the obvious choice in the end.
Old 01-31-04, 10:50 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

A lot of the time people come in knowing I want Silver or this color or that color, but once you walk to see our inventory and you're standing in a parking lot surounded by a ton of IS300's in all different colors, well....then you know what automatically happens. You become like a little kid in a candy store!
Old 02-01-04, 02:34 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by westcott
Sounds pretty good. That's why I treasure a lot to chat with people in the forum. I really want to go for some dealership which I can trust. From the past, I have some hard time with some dealership. I really don't want to get into the same problem again. For my philosophy, I'm not just buying car. I really want to have a satisfactory service from the dealership. If I can't get any respect nor satisfactory service from the dealership, I won't even buy the car I like. I'll go for other trust worthy dealership.

Thanks for your great info. Hope I'll get my sportX very soon.

Westcott
hey i just saw a solar yellow sportcross at stevens creek today
Old 02-02-04, 10:10 AM
CRB
Lead Lap

That is the one that they won't go below $28,700 on. Lexus of Stevens Creek told him it was rare and the right buyer would pay it. It is loaded with 15K miles.
Old 02-02-04, 11:09 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by CRB
That is the one that they won't go below $28,700 on. Lexus of Stevens Creek told him it was rare and the right buyer would pay it. It is loaded with 15K miles.
29k for that car with 15k miles? they gotta be kidding...
Old 02-03-04, 09:19 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Westcott,

Please check your pm's.
Old 02-03-04, 10:58 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by Longo Lexus
Westcott,

Please check your pm's.
hey hey hey, keep the count
Old 02-04-04, 02:50 PM
Hikaru
Driver School Candidate

I would definitely agree with what has been written here. Longo is a great organization to work with. They saved Lexus' reputation for me when I picked up my little bundle of joy. Serramonte took our money for a special order, 2003 IS300 SportX (Solar Yellow) and then didn't order it! They waited until we tried to check on its status and told us we needed to special order that color. Hello! What did we give you that money for? Fun?!? Any rate, Longo hooked us up, gave a great deal. We drove down to LA LA Land from the Bay Area in a Chrysler Sebring and back up the next day with a hot new ride. Since we picked up little Hikaru in December of 2002, I tell everyone that I got the last one that Lexus will ever make. I'm sticking to that story until someone can prove me wrong. Total elapsed time from 1st order at Serramonte to pick up at Longo was six months.

I know of two other Solar Yellow SportX and three sedans in the Bay Area. One SportX is owned by an elderly couple that I've seen on I880 near Oakland, the other I see parked in The Castro. I almost bought one from Serramonte a few months before I actually started to try. It didn't have the nav system. None of the ones that I reffer to here have one that I can see.

Serramonte has a sedan for sale, there is a partly wrecked one on 19th near GG Park and I see one going on the opposite commute to mine on 101 once in a while.

I've also seen a few of each in LA.

I also agree that the right person will pay top dollar for a Solar Yellow IS300. However, I'm afraid that I cannot allow you to buy one if you live in the bay area. That's already far too many to detract from the specialness of my baby! I'll have to go to Steven's Creek and have them ship theirs back to Japan when I'm done work today!

Quick Reply: Looking for a sportcross