Search this Thread

Old 12-05-03, 06:40 AM
DaveLee
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry IS-300 clicking sounds

Hello,
bought is-300 3 weeks ago.
I love this car but ! couple of days ago it started making clicking noises when driving at low speeds.
Went to the dealer and reported the issue.
The said to leave the car be back in like a day.
They called me then and said that heard nothing.
I came back and kinda showed them - they suck by the way.
They said yeah ok leave the car again.
So I left the car and they called me again saying that the problem is fixed - it was callipers not lubricated or something.
I took the car and noticed that nothing changed - it is still freaking clicking.
Dealership sucks big time. I called them and they said to bring the car back in a week.
What the f&^%? Do I go to a different dealer or?
DId anybody have a problem like this?......
I thought lexus has one of the best services - but no f*&^*& way - they all suck
Old 12-05-03, 07:59 AM
Goldark
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: IS-300 clicking sounds

Originally posted by DaveLee
Hello,
bought is-300 3 weeks ago.
I love this car but ! couple of days ago it started making clicking noises when driving at low speeds.
Went to the dealer and reported the issue.
The said to leave the car be back in like a day.
They called me then and said that heard nothing.
I came back and kinda showed them - they suck by the way.
They said yeah ok leave the car again.
So I left the car and they called me again saying that the problem is fixed - it was callipers not lubricated or something.
I took the car and noticed that nothing changed - it is still freaking clicking.
Dealership sucks big time. I called them and they said to bring the car back in a week.
What the f&^%? Do I go to a different dealer or?
DId anybody have a problem like this?......
I thought lexus has one of the best services - but no f*&^*& way - they all suck
Umm..2 things.

If you are not happy with a dealer go somewhere else.

and

Lexus does have one of the best services...they are taking care of you. Other car maker's dealership would tell you to go **** yourself. They are trying to take care of the problem. Granted, it's taking them a bit long, but you are being taken care of...
Old 12-09-03, 09:00 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts
Default IS300 clicking noises.

Is it clicking noises under the left side of the dash that you hear? Some IS300's do that when they are new (you state that yours was only 3 weeks old). Mine did for a couple of weeks...then no more. It's probably the electronics and relays setting themselves as the car is broken in. It's generally pretty faint...you gotta have good ears to hear it.
The IS300 is a great car but it does get some quirks from time to time.
Old 12-09-03, 10:04 AM
DaveLee
Driver School Candidate

Default Re: IS300 clicking noises.

Originally posted by mmarshall
Is it clicking noises under the left side of the dash that you hear? Some IS300's do that when they are new (you state that yours was only 3 weeks old). Mine did for a couple of weeks...then no more. It's probably the electronics and relays setting themselves as the car is broken in. It's generally pretty faint...you gotta have good ears to hear it.
The IS300 is a great car but it does get some quirks from time to time.
The sound comes like from somewhere rear end and happens under the car (i think).
And it's pretty annoying.

I still dont have it fixed - I am going to dealers this THU - they will check it out again.
It is not brakes - cause they already checked everything there and it is not springs - cause it happens not when I hit the bump or something. It is not something in the trunk or under the trunk as well.
Not wheels too
If it is something stupid like a stone or a brick that is just scratching the ground - then I dont understand why lexus techs can't find it

I really like the car - everything else works perfect and it runs great.
I will write it down here what it was in case if I get it fixed )))

cheers
Old 12-09-03, 10:44 AM
GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

is it a clunking sound?? heard when u're shifting gears?? do u have an auto or manual? i've only herad this problem with manuals... and its normal. not to say its pleasant. but for the most part, its heard in all of the manual IS300's...

using synthetic differential oil does help soften the sound..but there is no fix for it... thats just the way it was designed.

but if you're really REALLY upset and absolutely hate it and can't deal with it. this thread may make ur day.

http://www.is300.net/modules.php?nam...pic&t=13368592
Old 12-09-03, 01:08 PM
DaveLee
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by TicaLis300
is it a clunking sound?? heard when u're shifting gears?? do u have an auto or manual? i've only herad this problem with manuals... and its normal. not to say its pleasant. but for the most part, its heard in all of the manual IS300's...

using synthetic differential oil does help soften the sound..but there is no fix for it... thats just the way it was designed.

but if you're really REALLY upset and absolutely hate it and can't deal with it. this thread may make ur day.

http://www.is300.net/modules.php?nam...pic&t=13368592
actaully i have automatic and i am not sure if this makes sence
hmmmmm, which is interesting though

i have triptonic, so this sound should happen as well when I am shifting gears?

thanks for the good link - reading it right now

anyways will keep you posted - maybe this is not the same thunking/clicking sound
Old 12-09-03, 01:16 PM
DaveLee
Driver School Candidate

I've read that link - nope i dont think that's the same kind of noise

let's see what dealers say

the car costs 30K+ so it is not supposed to click when it drives
Old 12-09-03, 01:30 PM
GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

lol... cant say i didn't try...

anyways..i also had an e-shift model before and never did i have any type of clicking sounds from the rear of the car... only on my manual does it make sounds...
Old 12-14-03, 04:34 AM
GaragelessIS
Driver School Candidate

mine does it the first time i brake after putting it in drive, and the first time i brake after putting it in reverse.
dunno why tho. i just live with it.
Old 06-24-15, 10:21 AM
LocalIS300
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GGPIS3
i've only herad this problem with manuals... and its normal. not to say its pleasant. but for the most part, its heard in all of the manual IS300's...
How do we know this is normal? I see a lot of people saying it's normal but not many people substantiating how they know it is normal. Do we have dealerships making announcements?
Old 06-27-15, 01:53 AM
IS3_FTW
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LocalIS300
How do we know this is normal? I see a lot of people saying it's normal but not many people substantiating how they know it is normal. Do we have dealerships making announcements?
Mines auto and i cant help you. However, my 01 shifts hard from 2nd to 1st all the time, for the past 200k miles. I considered the hard shifting to be normal. I also have read a lot of people having the same issues as i do with 01s.

Do you consider normal if its publicly announced by the stealership? What about the car being over 10yrs old and the problem is normal from other drivers owning the manual IS300s If you need in black and white, spend the money to have it fixed.

I posted in your original thread. Have you checked on it with this same question you are having?
Old 11-28-15, 01:16 AM
wan8dan
Driver School Candidate

Default IS 350 clicking noise when going reverse

I have 2006 IS-350 automatic, 75k miles. For the last 5 years, when I parked the car, I did not step on the parking brake.

Now, when the car starts reverse, I hear clicking sound (underneath front wheel area) once when in reverse motion, but when I change back to drive shift, I also hear one clicking sound too. After that, clicking disappeared. But this repeats every other time I reverse the car.

Sounds like some screws is loose and needs tightening. Any advise would be helpful.
Old 12-05-15, 06:24 AM
Sniper512
Driver School Candidate

Tight U-joint? Is it only present when in motion?
Old 12-13-15, 10:01 PM
wan8dan
Driver School Candidate

Yes, when car is moving forward.

What is a U-joint, thanks.