IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Did the ProAutoSports Summer track addicts track day !!! ( 2 Videos )

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-15, 11:21 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts
Thumbs up Did the ProAutoSports Summer track addicts track day !!! ( 2 Videos )

Hey guys ! just did my 7th track day in 12 months !! Had a great run and had a blast. This the first of the summer track days here. I did this one to get it out of my system. Haven't had a track day in a couple of months and I was jonesing lol. Just thought I'd share some video. Ambient temps stayed below 80 for the first session and the car did really well. It was cool to run the car hard with the new Joe Z exhaust system. Sounded great and I could see the car turning heads at the track. This will be my last good chance until November . Just glad I got to do it. The car got a little squirley on lap 2 so I let the Mustang behind me pass. ( too much speed created over steer which led to early apex and horrible corner exit on the next corner) .

We had some pretty nice cars out . I rolled in behind a Ferrari 458 Italia. Plus we had a couple of M4s, new M3s, Jaguar F Types, and even some track built Vipers and Vettes.

Hope you enjoy
Old 06-20-15, 11:27 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Summer sessions means very early start. We were on track at 6 am!! And the last session was at 9:40 with the track closing at 10 am . We have been around 111-115 degrees during the day so you have to play when you can . I was on 2 hours of sleep but the excitement had me wide awake . Came home and even wiped her down with gloss enhancer and spray wax .
Attached Thumbnails Did the ProAutoSports Summer track addicts track day !!! ( 2 Videos )-image-1102678156.png   Did the ProAutoSports Summer track addicts track day !!! ( 2 Videos )-image-870058957.png   Did the ProAutoSports Summer track addicts track day !!! ( 2 Videos )-image-2034546387.png   Did the ProAutoSports Summer track addicts track day !!! ( 2 Videos )-image-632778491.png   Did the ProAutoSports Summer track addicts track day !!! ( 2 Videos )-image-1616369076.png  

Old 06-23-15, 11:41 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

LMAO looks like there is no interest in track days on this forum . We drive performance cars but yet the threads on track days and real driving are the quietest threads. Funny . Hey it is what it is .

Added some decals to my F so people know my F puts in real work and that the driver is skilled.

Still hoping the guys who do use their cars on the track will finally inspire other owners to get out there and DRIVE !!! We discuss wheels, springs, diffusers, and headlight bulb replacements , maintenance , etcetera , but nobody has any real skill or driving experience . All due respect to the members but it makes one wonder why some bought the F over the 350 when they just commute and want to dress up the car with heavy rims, kits, and ruin the suspension with uneven drops, etc.... To each his own but this F'r is going to the track !!
Attached Thumbnails Did the ProAutoSports Summer track addicts track day !!! ( 2 Videos )-image-543891487.png  

Last edited by I8ABMR; 06-23-15 at 11:54 AM.
Old 06-23-15, 11:56 AM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lol, everyone purchases cars for their own reasons. I like to enjoy my car as much as possible and have just a few track days under my belt. Regardless it is fun to push the car and in turn increase driving skills. For Father's Day I received a ring card for 4 laps on the Nurburgring! Super stoked to get back up there and have some fun.
Old 06-23-15, 02:17 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by kauaian
Lol, everyone purchases cars for their own reasons. I like to enjoy my car as much as possible and have just a few track days under my belt. Regardless it is fun to push the car and in turn increase driving skills. For Father's Day I received a ring card for 4 laps on the Nurburgring! Super stoked to get back up there and have some fun.
4 laps at the ring !? That's epic buddy !! Total bucket list stuff ! Post video when you go ... PLEASE !

Not trying to disrespect anyone here . Just trying to understand why one would buy a vehicle with this much potential but not want to tap it. Lol then again we have guys who buy 400k Ferraris and garage them . In the end to each his own. I'm just excited to have discovered the fun and excitement of the track and figured I would share and maybe inspire someone to try it .
Old 06-23-15, 03:28 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

I hear you, my buddy and I are planning for fall to buttonwillow or streets of willow track day. we would like to go to las vegas speedway but speedventure and extremespeed doesn't not host that track, which sux. when I went to the track, we were outnumbered by Porsches, beamers and few gtrs, Ferrari and lambo. its just me and brian are the only F at the track, but quarius was there also to support. we need more F's on the track..
Old 06-23-15, 04:15 PM
lexicon72
Intermediate

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

I8ABMR, if it makes you feel any better, I am a convert....read enough posts on here about track days, that I bit the bullet and signed up for my first one July 21 at the National Corvette Museum motorsports park. Can't wait to really push the car! Did autocross in my IS300 for years but I'm thinking this will be so much better. So you add one more tracked ISF to your list...haha!
Old 06-23-15, 06:41 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by chris07is
I hear you, my buddy and I are planning for fall to buttonwillow or streets of willow track day. we would like to go to las vegas speedway but speedventure and extremespeed doesn't not host that track, which sux. when I went to the track, we were outnumbered by Porsches, beamers and few gtrs, Ferrari and lambo. its just me and brian are the only F at the track, but quarius was there also to support. we need more F's on the track..
Very cool !! We do need more Fs on the track. I did a track day with blazn335 at INDE motorsports ranch. We had a blast and it was cool to have some company and to represent the F amongst the sea of mustangs, Vettes, Miata, m3s, and GTRs. I would love to check out the Streets of willow track. Heard about it for so long. Make sure to post video !!

Originally Posted by lexicon72
I8ABMR, if it makes you feel any better, I am a convert....read enough posts on here about track days, that I bit the bullet and signed up for my first one July 21 at the National Corvette Museum motorsports park. Can't wait to really push the car! Did autocross in my IS300 for years but I'm thinking this will be so much better. So you add one more tracked ISF to your list...haha!
Right on ! We got one more in the track crew. If you did autocross you know you are in for some real fun. Excited for you buddy. Make sure to share the video if you plan to mount a GoPro.
Old 06-23-15, 06:56 PM
Pie
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't had time to do a track day since I bought the car. I usually shoot for 2 events a year, but been too busy. I'll probably only get in 1 this year. I've been doing a autox events since it's only 90 miles vs. 320miles away.
Old 06-23-15, 06:56 PM
lexicon72
Intermediate

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Make sure to share the video if you plan to mount a GoPro.
Dashcam installed a few days ago!
Old 06-23-15, 07:12 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

Drove an 08 on the racetrack during a Lexus event at the Autobahn at Joliet, IL....got me hooked that I needed one!
Old 06-23-15, 10:00 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pie
I haven't had time to do a track day since I bought the car. I usually shoot for 2 events a year, but been too busy. I'll probably only get in 1 this year. I've been doing a autox events since it's only 90 miles vs. 320miles away.
Makes sense. Get it in when and where you can.

Originally Posted by lexicon72
Dashcam installed a few days ago!
Very cool. It seems like they take great video from what I have seen. Many of those cameras make the GoPro seem over priced. LOL I didnt know any better and actually purchased the camera and the helmet ( 1st one ) in a rush because I had a track day coming up a week away when I first went out. My first track day with the car was 7 weeks after I bought it. I was an eager beaver.

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
Drove an 08 on the racetrack during a Lexus event at the Autobahn at Joliet, IL....got me hooked that I needed one!
I can imagine. Man how do I get cool enough to get invited to these events. LOL

Just got some decals for the 4 tracks I have been on for the garage wall.
Attached Thumbnails Did the ProAutoSports Summer track addicts track day !!! ( 2 Videos )-img_1124.jpg  

Last edited by I8ABMR; 06-23-15 at 10:05 PM.
Old 06-24-15, 05:37 PM
Pie
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that is one clean *** garage lol
Old 06-24-15, 06:46 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pie
that is one clean *** garage lol
Thanks bud ! It was a project. Wanted to always feel like I was parking my car in the house and not in the garage. I clean the floors regularly . In the end your garage is really the entrance to your home. It should look like it LOL
Old 06-24-15, 07:12 PM
Blzn335
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Did the ProAutoSports Summer track addicts track day !!! ( 2 Videos )

Can't go wrong with track days. Just too much fun. I actually just did a track day at Sonoma/Infineon last weekend. There was actually another ISF there too. I was surprised, usually I'm the only F I see at track days. Get out there fellas, give it a try, you won't be disappointed!

Quick Reply: Did the ProAutoSports Summer track addicts track day !!! ( 2 Videos )