Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow awesome comparison, wish we had wide open lanes like that lol
Old 06-03-15, 12:55 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by SoulFreak
Being that you have the QES exhaust and PPE headers, do you notice the same amount of power? Or more? I think you mentioned you raced a few M3's, was the results the same? How about against a 2015 m3 or m4? I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on your setup. I was neck and neck with an M4 almost a month ago. He had a slighter edge but I held right next to him. I'm still stock and was impressed that I was able to keep up. The driver actually gave me thumbs up! We were well over triple digits.
I first installed my headers and it felt like I gained power higher up the range, with the exhaust it feels now to give me better low end acceleration and with the headers it just keeps going.

The only E92 M3 I've raced has been my friend's car, I haven't realy had any good races with another M3 to be honest.

I've raced an ISF while I only had headers and he had headers and exhaust and he would pull on me from 1st - 3rd.

As for going against the M4 I haven't had the pleasure yet, but I'm shocked that you managed to keep up with an M4 while being stock, as that car is much faster than the ISF especially when being stock.

and is the QES Exhaust another name for the PTS True Dual ISF Exhaust?
Old 06-03-15, 06:57 AM
teamcalvin
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Defratos
I first installed my headers and it felt like I gained power higher up the range, with the exhaust it feels now to give me better low end acceleration and with the headers it just keeps going.

The only E92 M3 I've raced has been my friend's car, I haven't realy had any good races with another M3 to be honest.

I've raced an ISF while I only had headers and he had headers and exhaust and he would pull on me from 1st - 3rd.

As for going against the M4 I haven't had the pleasure yet, but I'm shocked that you managed to keep up with an M4 while being stock, as that car is much faster than the ISF especially when being stock.

I think he's getting mixed up with the PTS exhaust and the ISS forged QES exhaust..
Old 06-03-15, 07:23 AM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Defratos

Defratos I really appreciate your reply...I want to apologize in advance for the confusion. I love your setup with Joe Z and PPE headers. I was actually taking advantage in asking Joshhleee in the results of his setup. If I'm not mistaken he has QES exhaust and PPE headers which should yield slightly better gains than the Joe Z. I'm torn between these two systems. But I really dislike the oval shaped diffusers, which lean me towards the QES system. I absolutely love the sound and tone of the Joe Z! Awesome videos by the way!

Last edited by SoulFreak; 06-10-15 at 09:21 AM.
Old 06-03-15, 11:04 AM
dmk08
Intermediate

Being that you have the QES exhaust and PPE headers, do you notice the same amount of power? Or more? I think you mentioned you raced a few M3's, was the results the same? How about against a 2015 m3 or m4? I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on your setup. I was neck and neck with an M4 almost a month ago. He had a slighter edge but I held right next to him. I'm still stock and was impressed that I was able to keep up. The driver actually gave me thumbs up! We were well over triple digits.
The M4 was either broken or didn't know how to drive. Sorry we are talking about a car that traps 6-8mph faster in the 1/4 mile than a stock ISF.
Old 06-03-15, 12:26 PM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Originally Posted by dmk08
The M4 was either broken or didn't know how to drive. Sorry we are talking about a car that traps 6-8mph faster in the 1/4 mile than a stock ISF.
No need to apologize, I was quite surprised myself, like I mentioned. I was definitely leaning towards that same feeling. That it was the driver. It was a sky blue one, brand spanking new.
Old 06-03-15, 01:39 PM
dmk08
Intermediate

No need to apologize, I was quite surprised myself, like I mentioned. I was definitely leaning towards that same feeling. That it was the driver. It was a sky blue one, brand spanking new.
Yeah there are plenty of M drivers who can't well drive..

My car is a MT so it's a turd but some girl ran mid 11's at 119 bone stock in a DCT.
Old 06-03-15, 03:00 PM
Drok149
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I recently was a victim to my buddies 2015 M3... I posted the video in the drag thread he ran an 11.2 at 126... I had a good run at 12.4 at 115 and he ran away from me it was quite disheartening lol.
Old 06-03-15, 05:00 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

^^^Damn I didn't know those new M3's run low 11's at mid 120's!! That's stock GTR territory or even faster for the trap speed, is his modified??

Edit.... Never mind saw the video in the drag thread, he's running a JB4 tune on race gas. Now those numbers make sense, can't beat turbos with added boost and a tune for instant HP/TQ

Shoot running a 12.4 @ 115 is pretty good. You stock or have headers/exhaust?

Last edited by MileHIFcar; 06-03-15 at 05:33 PM.
Old 06-03-15, 05:52 PM
Drok149
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
^^^Damn I didn't know those new M3's run low 11's at mid 120's!! That's stock GTR territory or even faster for the trap speed, is his modified??

Edit.... Never mind saw the video in the drag thread, he's running a JB4 tune on race gas. Now those numbers make sense, can't beat turbos with added boost and a tune for instant HP/TQ

Shoot running a 12.4 @ 115 is pretty good. You stock or have headers/exhaust?
Gutted cats and borla exhaust. Removed the usual stuff like spare, floor mats, and engine covers. For having 124k on it she runs pretty good. I'm hoping to break into the 12.3's my next time out.
Old 06-03-15, 06:24 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by RNISF
So by this graph changing the exhaust from joe-z to borla netted you a 20whp+ gain? Joe Z is that crap or what?
The graph posted is actually mine and details around it can be found in my Dyno journal thread here. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ml#post6720595
Old 10-06-16, 10:00 PM
isFamily
Driver School Candidate

Damn... good stuff
Old 10-07-16, 09:19 PM
autoz4me
Pit Crew

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by H1_OFICR
Why do manufacturers put such restrictive oem headers on vehicles.. I mean when these vehicles are truly in a numbers war vs m3, why not give yourself a advantage by letting the motor breath.. Seems to be a relatively common phenomenon..
Emmissions is my guess lol.

At least they don't have the gentleman agreement like they had back in the day 280 bhp.

Remember when I first got my Supra de-restricted the factory set-up with BPU mods and pretty much raised the HP by about 140 odd.Performance was night and day.I suspect it's much the same for these IS-F's.
Old 10-08-16, 04:58 AM
Jz39
Advanced

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Do we have an option to run stock headers with high flow cats? Can't recall if anyone has done this and/or if there were power or noise gains. Seems gutting cats and stock headers provides power, but I'm not looking to go that route.
Old 10-08-16, 07:45 AM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jz39
Do we have an option to run stock headers with high flow cats? Can't recall if anyone has done this and/or if there were power or noise gains. Seems gutting cats and stock headers provides power, but I'm not looking to go that route.
I'm sure you're not referring to stock headers with stock primary cats. Other than PPE Hi flow cats being an option to accompany PPE or Sikky headers. From a performance and financial stand point it won't make any sense. You're going to hack into a part that's already proving to be inferior, just to add a small superior product, in this case the hi flow cats. The stock headers are cracking at the flange and doesn't seem to discriminate on MY's, why infest more on this? Just get it replaced by something made better.

The answer to your first question is NO, due to the fact there's without a doubt better options. Power wise with aftermarket headers catless provides the most power! If you decide to get the hi flow cats you're going to slightly sacrifice performance but not sound. Rafi mentioned an option with a manufacturer by the name of Gessi (forgive me if I spelled) they design hi flow cats that give you full benefits of having the catless power numbers and being eco friendly! I want to say only 1 of our members have gone that route with aftermarket headers. Only 1 member because these cats alone are 1k or more a piece.

Quick Reply: Headers & Exhaust make a big diffence