IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

tow truck damage

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-15, 09:40 PM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
My damage came from a parking attendant at a valet.

Damn, you let someone to valet your car? I barely let my father drive it.
Old 05-26-15, 04:53 AM
roswell
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the worst fear for us lowered car owners. Tow truck drivers = Fail
Old 05-26-15, 02:38 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by 2URGSE
Damn, you let someone to valet your car? I barely let my father drive it.
LOL he literally parked it as I watched.....and I saw him do it. The nose on the F is relatively low and all it takes is one time. The Dr colorchip saved the day and I am a happy camper
Old 05-26-15, 06:41 PM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Got my estimate from the body shop. May look into Dr colorchip for my other chips on the car. Always been suspicious if that stuff does what it says it does.
Old 05-26-15, 08:27 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I promise you that for the location of the blemish and the relative size the colorchip is the route. You will probably not be able to dab and smear that. I would just wipe the area down with alcohol, lay on your back and just apply some with the small brush. Let it dry and add another layer.

Sucks since sewell cut us off. They had prepainted bumper covers for $580 at one point.
Old 06-01-15, 05:08 PM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Got a call today from the third party who was investigating my claim...they came back and told me that they will not fix the bumper and basically called me a liar by saying that there was no way the damage is from a tow truck.

I was floored when she told me. I told here I was there when it happened. She came back to say that if I disagreed with the decision to call USAA which I did. I also received an indepth email stating why they denied the claim.
Damage doesn't look fresh (not quite sure how you tell that from a picture)
Tow truck driver said he never touched the vehicle because of how low it was (thats a lie. He drove it onto the bed of the truck and then had the car off the ground..)
Damage not consistent to tow, damage not all the way across bumper ( our bumpers aren't even all the way across especially on a 45 degree or more ramp. Plus I know my car..)

Those were just a few of the statements. USAA told me that they would step in but would probably end up having to pay my deductible (which is more than the damage) and then maybe be reimbursed. I have a fee possible witnesses that I am going to talk to tomorrow and currently trying to get a hold of video footage of the front gate to my base where it all happened.

But at this point I don't know if I should continue to follow suit and proive all this info against this claim. Or just drop it and go with the Dr colorchip. My issue with the latter is this company will be getting away with damaging my property and nothing being done about it...
Old 06-02-15, 08:51 AM
matthewusm
Driver School Candidate

Wow! That is infuriating!

There is only one solution..... Call the tow truck driver, and give him a beating for lying about what happened. Seriously though, as a business owner, or a human being in general, it drives me crazy to hear stories like this.

You are in a tough spot. Is it worth your time to deal with this *******, or should you just let it go. It would be tough for me to let it go just out of principle. Good luck.
Old 06-02-15, 03:17 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

I have worse damage on my black IS-F from daily driving it.....

Just touch it up man...its going to get chips again
Old 06-03-15, 07:15 PM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I the world of cell phones you didn't take pictures? Once it was damaged I would have had pics of the damage while it was on the tow truck and a video of him off loading because if it scrapes going on it scrapes coming off. I would get video footage call whoever you are dealing with and ask them to verify the truck driver never loaded the car... Then send the video. Also go leave reviews of the towing company online, it's not much but it always makes me feel better when someone screws me over
Old 06-03-15, 09:59 PM
zpletcher
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by lorenr
I try to avoid making comments on lowered cars but this is gotten me thinking.

Why do you lower a car that has been originally engineered by people that really know what they are doing? Does it really make the car better? Whenever I see one with the wheel alignment completely goofed up, I honestly don't get it.

When I see one with the wheels splayed out at all four corners and the wrong size wheels and tires, I wonder how safe the car is.
I totally agree... I have enough paranoia worrying about parking it.. Such as other cars doors banging into the side of the car and worrying about driving onto a curb if I lowered the car..
Why the heck did Lexus not offer the bodyside moulding to protect it from grocery carts and other cars who always want to park too close?

Besides, the lower you go, the less the other drivers can see you.. and maybe run into you with a jacked up pickup truck!! Ha!!
Cheerio, Z
Old 06-04-15, 06:46 AM
torxuvin
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Lmood
Got a call today from the third party who was investigating my claim...they came back and told me that they will not fix the bumper and basically called me a liar by saying that there was no way the damage is from a tow truck.

I was floored when she told me. I told here I was there when it happened. She came back to say that if I disagreed with the decision to call USAA which I did. I also received an indepth email stating why they denied the claim.
Damage doesn't look fresh (not quite sure how you tell that from a picture)
Tow truck driver said he never touched the vehicle because of how low it was (thats a lie. He drove it onto the bed of the truck and then had the car off the ground..)
Damage not consistent to tow, damage not all the way across bumper ( our bumpers aren't even all the way across especially on a 45 degree or more ramp. Plus I know my car..)

Those were just a few of the statements. USAA told me that they would step in but would probably end up having to pay my deductible (which is more than the damage) and then maybe be reimbursed. I have a fee possible witnesses that I am going to talk to tomorrow and currently trying to get a hold of video footage of the front gate to my base where it all happened.

But at this point I don't know if I should continue to follow suit and proive all this info against this claim. Or just drop it and go with the Dr colorchip. My issue with the latter is this company will be getting away with damaging my property and nothing being done about it...
Yep. Exactly the same issue I'm running into with my gf car. Got towed and they *****ed it up. A lawyer will cost more than the deductible or the fix. No accountability anymore. Sorry about the trouble man. I feel for you.