IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

My contribution to the PTS Joe Z exhaust video library .2nd Video added

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-15, 10:13 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts
Thumbs up My contribution to the PTS Joe Z exhaust video library .2nd Video added

I have had the exhaust now for about 800 miles and I am loving it. In light of the fact that sooooooo many of the videos of the exhaust system online are pretty bad and have pretty bad sound quality I decided to make a video of my own to help the next group of potential Joe Z exhaust system owners The sound quality is solid because its from a GoPro. I tried to keep the windows slightly cracked to allow some sound from the outside to enter the cabin.

Hope you guys enjoy

This video I left the car in auto initially then dropped it into manual. ( Also the guy who honked at me at 1:20 did not use his signal. He saw me approaching and just thought he had time to get over without using his signal. Sorry )

Last edited by I8ABMR; 05-18-15 at 07:21 PM.
Old 05-17-15, 10:41 AM
xaznx
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice vid I8abmr, I too have had the exhaust for about 800 miles and agree that most vids out there don't do any justice on how the Joe Z sounds. This video is exactly how the true intereperation of how the exhaust actually sounds in an isf. And It only gets better. You can hear a little drone when he's at about 2k rpms, but when you get out of that rpm it goes away. The member that quoted the gas pedal is your volume is actually true. Thanks for posting I8abmr.
Old 05-17-15, 10:53 AM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

That sounds so good . What camera mount are you using? There's virtually no shake at all.
Old 05-17-15, 10:54 AM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

It sounds amazing! So much want. Next year though. My budget is blown already, haha
Old 05-17-15, 11:05 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by xaznx
Nice vid I8abmr, I too have had the exhaust for about 800 miles and agree that most vids out there don't do any justice on how the Joe Z sounds. This video is exactly how the true intereperation of how the exhaust actually sounds in an isf. And It only gets better. You can hear a little drone when he's at about 2k rpms, but when you get out of that rpm it goes away. The member that quoted the gas pedal is your volume is actually true. Thanks for posting I8abmr.
I am loving mine. A little drone , like yoyu said, but worth it to have the car sound like it drives. I have never used my paddles as much. I love the sound I am literally making up errands to drive the car and even followed the wife to Costco because I wanted to drive my car the first weekend I had the system installed. LOL

Originally Posted by Rickna
That sounds so good . What camera mount are you using? There's virtually no shake at all.
I just use the GoPro Mount that came with the camera. They are supposed to be stable up to 150 mph on the outside of the car

Originally Posted by ZaxF
It sounds amazing! So much want. Next year though. My budget is blown already, haha
You will love it. Saw your other post bud. Looks like you dropped some serious cash on the suspension. Its going to be epic ! Keep us posted on that. You are kind of doing the complete package on your F
Old 05-17-15, 11:16 AM
dabs
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds excellant.

But im getting dizzy from you driving on the opposite side of the road as me
Old 05-17-15, 11:48 PM
revolut1on
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep sounds pretty close to in person, nice vid. How are you liking it? I still find it too loud at times when taking off from low speeds, but when in the mood it is absolutely amazing and I always enjoy the meaty roar.
Old 05-18-15, 12:26 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by revolut1on
Yep sounds pretty close to in person, nice vid. How are you liking it? I still find it too loud at times when taking off from low speeds, but when in the mood it is absolutely amazing and I always enjoy the meaty roar.
I would say pretty much the same. sounds amazing but at low speeds , especially with the windows up, the drone is loud. Luckily I shave my head and drive with my windows down 95% of the time. Summer is coming so it will be windows up for me for about 5 months
Old 05-18-15, 05:32 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

Told ya, Joe-z is the way to go :P
Time for headers, you won't regret it.

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 05-18-15, 06:08 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by joshhleee
Told ya, Joe-z is the way to go :P
Time for headers, you won't regret it.
you guys were right. The sound is amazing and I love using the paddles all the time now. Don't think I want to open the headers can of worms with my car. BTW Redline AZ said my exhaust sounded louder than his. When mine was brand new I swear it was louder than his with headers.
Old 05-18-15, 09:16 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

Yeah those pipes need to be broken in, they're very loud when new for like 1,000 miles I think.. Then they get quiet and thats when you get headers HAH.

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 05-20-15, 08:32 AM
s4chico
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are there any F'ers in the SF Bay Area with it installed that I could check out in person? I picked up the Joe Z exhaust during the group buy.....but haven't installed it yet. I have a BMW E39 with some custom dual exhaust and the woman hates it. It's pretty loud and I am sure the Joe Z will be much more quiet....but I am worried about how loud it will be.
Old 05-20-15, 02:19 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by s4chico
Are there any F'ers in the SF Bay Area with it installed that I could check out in person? I picked up the Joe Z exhaust during the group buy.....but haven't installed it yet. I have a BMW E39 with some custom dual exhaust and the woman hates it. It's pretty loud and I am sure the Joe Z will be much more quiet....but I am worried about how loud it will be.
Hopefully someone will chime in. When I wanted the exhaust my buddy RedlineAZ PM'd me and had me come over to take a listen. In the end I bought the exhaust because of his recommendations and I also happened to meet up with one of the coolest car guys I have met in AZ. Now I have a great exhaust and a great friend too.
Old 05-21-15, 01:02 PM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Very nice. That pretty much helped make up my mind on which exhaust to buy!
Old 05-21-15, 01:31 PM
JdSwiper
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just had my JoeZ from the group buy installed last week also. Sounds Amazing, we ordered the PPE headers Monday. Can't wait to install them. I couldn't believe the difference in sound and power after the exhaust installed. When I took it for its first test drive with the new exhaust I couldn't stop grining ear to ear. I love when I'm done pumping gas and I noticed people waiting to hear it start up. F's are pretty rare around here so peeps are always starring waiting to hear it! The headers are just gonna make it sound insane!

Quick Reply: My contribution to the PTS Joe Z exhaust video library .2nd Video added