IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Shocking dealer recall repair damage!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-15, 05:13 PM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

We need to get some chapters of Lexotic out to you guys. We have service managers, techs, master techs, and sales guys out here that take great care of us and our cars. Sorry you guys have to deal with this crap!
Old 05-18-15, 05:42 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Dude, I got into it with a local dealership for damaging my car and telling me they could not diagnose my problem after 23 days in the shop and 692 miles of "test driving" and Lexus corporate was a joke and they booted me from the dealership for a year because I did horrendous reviews online. Lexus cant control them and they can make a problem for you if you go too high with it. The problem has been resolved and I do business with a sister dealership
692 miles of test driving??? thats just absurd, and makes no sense at all lol. It seems like non California residents have terrible Lexus dealerships. Almost all the socal residents have good experiences with their service.

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 05-18-15, 06:26 PM
NarsISF
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joshhleee
692 miles of test driving??? thats just absurd, and makes no sense at all lol. It seems like non California residents have terrible Lexus dealerships. Almost all the socal residents have good experiences with their service.
wish we had a legit lexus dealership in the valley ..valley lexus in modesto is terrible. I had been shopping around for a brand new key fob for my F a few weeks ago because i had only one. I got a hold of one of the Lexus dealers out in AZ because i had saw they had a bunch of them on ebay. He quoted me 130 shipped for a new fob. I then told the guy that i was going to call my local dealership and see how much it was there to compare.. 220 for the same damn thing. Told the guy that lexus in AZ quoted me 130, you can't price match another lexus dealership? he said nope, so i called the AZ dealership back and ordered it through them. Although this wasn't a big deal, its dumb **** like that, that pisses me off about the local dealership we have here. And after hearing about piusGS situation, i'll never take my F back there again. anybody have any feedback about lexus of pleasanton? i wouldn't mind driving an extra 30 minutes for good service.
Old 05-18-15, 08:56 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF_GG
What crappy Lexus dealership did this???? We all need to know, to avoid going there for anything, EVER.

Please keep us posted as to what Lexus Corp. does about this.
I concur. People should be educated about this type of 'service'.
Old 05-18-15, 09:03 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by joshhleee
I concur on this as well. I think the prevalence of Lexus dealers in California (particularly in So Cal), fosters competition that necessitates quality customer service, or those customers will drive 20 miles to the next dealer.
Old 05-18-15, 09:14 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by NarsISF
wish we had a legit lexus dealership in the valley ..valley lexus in modesto is terrible. I had been shopping around for a brand new key fob for my F a few weeks ago because i had only one. I got a hold of one of the Lexus dealers out in AZ because i had saw they had a bunch of them on ebay. He quoted me 130 shipped for a new fob. I then told the guy that i was going to call my local dealership and see how much it was there to compare.. 220 for the same damn thing. Told the guy that lexus in AZ quoted me 130, you can't price match another lexus dealership? he said nope, so i called the AZ dealership back and ordered it through them. Although this wasn't a big deal, its dumb **** like that, that pisses me off about the local dealership we have here. And after hearing about piusGS situation, i'll never take my F back there again. anybody have any feedback about lexus of pleasanton? i wouldn't mind driving an extra 30 minutes for good service.
Yup, I feel your pain, dealerships aka stealerships. Most dealers upcharge on prices but some not as bad as others. I guess in socal there are so many F's the demand for quality service is vital. Come to socal for your services, its far, but you get a rental and the peace of mind is worth it.

Orange County, CA
Old 05-19-15, 02:13 AM
Dupshaw123
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to say good customer service goes a long way regardless of the industry. I don't think companies understand the power of the Internet. I am strong believer in exploiting businesses who conduct poor unethical service, after all I do have freedom of speech. Customers should be treated with the utmost respect, especially when those customers are dropping off their high valued toys.

I have one horror story to share because I think it needs to be shared. 3 years ago I dropped my car off at Pohanka Lexus back when I first bought my ISF. I just asked for a general service, so since I only had around 10k miles at the time. I later receive a call from Lexus saying I need new brakes and rotors, which I found strange because I do not drive my car hard or track it whatsoever. I told them I am not interested in changing the brakes because I did not agree that they needed to be changed. Pohanka Lexus refused to give me my car back until I paid to get the pads and rotor changed. They sprung this 3200 Dollar brake service on me like it was nothing...after trying to get my car back from them in an attempt to service my brakes elsewhere, Pohanka refused to reason with me. I ended up having to just eat the cost to get my car back...it was total entrapment. As a 20 year old at the time this really set me back financially and was unexpected. I felt completely taken advantage of by this dealership.. To this day it really angers me because you can replace your pads and rotors for 1200 dollars (and I even knew this at the time).

Last edited by Dupshaw123; 05-19-15 at 02:25 AM.
Old 05-19-15, 08:55 PM
Lexgendboi
Driver

These horrible stories had sicken me. I was gonna take my F back for those recalls but since i have I/E/H and full Toms kit on KWV3, them techs prolly will damage my kit in attempt to lift it up, or will joy ride it....then worst come to worst, they'll blame on my mods for any damage they might cause. I feel so disappointed at Lexus. I dont want to shoot a movie of my entire car before comming in for service
Old 05-19-15, 09:38 PM
mkritz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lexgendboi
These horrible stories had sicken me. I was gonna take my F back for those recalls but since i have I/E/H and full Toms kit on KWV3, them techs prolly will damage my kit in attempt to lift it up, or will joy ride it....then worst come to worst, they'll blame on my mods for any damage they might cause. I feel so disappointed at Lexus. I dont want to shoot a movie of my entire car before comming in for service
How about installing a dashcam?
Old 05-20-15, 06:47 AM
Gearbangin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 223 Likes on 95 Posts

Good news Service manager called they will fix it if I pay for parts! Wow talk about customer satisfaction! Oh and icing on the cake they are going to over charge me about 200.00 for the radiator.

They did through in the "labor" for free so that's always a plus. So much for the pursuit of excellence.
Old 05-20-15, 06:57 AM
kauaian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Um no... Why are you having to come out of pocket for someone else's mistake that they also tried to hide. I'd be furious! Was the service manager serious?
Old 05-20-15, 10:01 AM
DKIS350
Rookie

Originally Posted by Gearbangin
Good news Service manager called they will fix it if I pay for parts! Wow talk about customer satisfaction! Oh and icing on the cake they are going to over charge me about 200.00 for the radiator.

They did through in the "labor" for free so that's always a plus. So much for the pursuit of excellence.
Thats BS! When I was in the dealership world, if a tech broke something that definitely should not have broken, we ate it...parts and labor no question asked. And almost every customer would be happy that we were honest and upfront about and never hid it.

The only time a customer paid for something that broke during a repair was if we gave them a heads up before the repair saying, "hey this may or may not break when we take X Y and Z apart" because its rotten/rusty/common failure/etc". That was a common conversation for the tundra and tacoma frame recalls when toyota didnt cover additional things that broke during the recall.

I had a tech that somehow zapped anECM for a Sequoia during a reflash, The dealer paid the $800 to get a new one in the car. No BS excuse to get the customer to pay.

There arent enough up front and honest dealers out there. There are some, but you need to look hard.

Id call corporate again if i were you. Tell them thats unacceptable, especially when they hid it in the first place.
Old 05-20-15, 10:47 AM
Gearbangin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 223 Likes on 95 Posts

Dealer just called Corporate is going to cover it.
Old 05-20-15, 02:58 PM
Othic
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Those radiators are the easiest to break. I accidently broke one on a LS460. Similar setup to the ISF. I learned quickly after that not to even look at it the wrong way lol.
Old 05-20-15, 03:50 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by Lexgendboi
If they damage it, they pay for it, just take pictures at the dealership prior to dropping it off.

& to the OP, at least corporate is taking care of everything.

Orange County, CA

Quick Reply: Shocking dealer recall repair damage!