IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

'12 to '13 Differences

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-15, 09:16 AM
ISFDrivr
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default '12 to '13 Differences

Hi guys, I'm relatively new to the IS-F, only had it for about 2 weeks, and wow is this an awesome car! I just picked up a 2013 dark grey (sorry, don't know the color name) with the red interior. Absolutely perfect combination!

However I have noticed when looking at a lot of aftermarket parts that there seems to be a distinct cutoff from the '08-'12 IS-F's and the '13-'14 ones. Specifically I'm looking at a carbon fiber trunk spoiler, carbon front lip and an intake pipe.

I was under the impression that all the models we pretty much the same, save for the suspension upgrades in '11 and a few minor things. So my questions is; is it safe to say that if I buy an intake and spoiler advertised for a '12, it'll fit my '13?

Thanks!

Here's a pic of her as she sits currently:

Old 05-15-15, 09:49 AM
caveman
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the color name of your car is Nebula Gray Pearl. i really like that color.

and as far as body, intake, and exhaust parts, it's the same for all years. so the one "for 2012" will fit your 2013.
Old 05-15-15, 11:22 AM
NarsISF
Rookie

Great Combo indeed, and congratulations on the purchase.. to answer your questions, yes all mods will fit on 2013 model. Also, im curious to know....do your headrests have the F logo embroided in them?
Old 05-15-15, 01:39 PM
JdSwiper
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations on your purchase. I have the same exact combo except mines a 2012, I love love mine. Best of luck with it! Btw, how dark is your tint. Mines getting done tomorrow and wondering how dark it's gonna look. I'm getting 20%!!
Old 05-15-15, 01:44 PM
ISFDrivr
Driver School Candidate

Cool, thanks for the input guys. I assumed as much, I was just surprised to see things labeled as '08-'12 specifically. That means I'm going to have new carbon fiber bits on the way soon!

caveman, thanks for the color name. It really is a great color, and changes a bit depending on lighting, which is really cool.

NarsISF, nope, no F on the headrest, just on the seat bolster. Was there a version that had it on the headrests?

JdSwiper, the tint is 35%, so yours will be a little darker than that. This color combo looks perfect with tinted windows!

Here's a cool shot of the bolster F:

Old 05-15-15, 02:11 PM
NarsISF
Rookie

Originally Posted by JdSwiper
Congratulations on your purchase. I have the same exact combo except mines a 2012, I love love mine. Best of luck with it! Btw, how dark is your tint. Mines getting done tomorrow and wondering how dark it's gonna look. I'm getting 20%!!
I have 20% all around on my Nebula, and i believe its a perfect tint shade...you dont want to go too dark because then it will take away from the interior
Old 05-15-15, 06:48 PM
NarsISF
Rookie

Originally Posted by ISFDrivr
Cool, thanks for the input guys. I assumed as much, I was just surprised to see things labeled as '08-'12 specifically. That means I'm going to have new carbon fiber bits on the way soon!

caveman, thanks for the color name. It really is a great color, and changes a bit depending on lighting, which is really cool.

NarsISF, nope, no F on the headrest, just on the seat bolster. Was there a version that had it on the headrests?

JdSwiper, the tint is 35%, so yours will be a little darker than that. This color combo looks perfect with tinted windows!

Here's a cool shot of the bolster F:

couldn't really find a good picture of them but here's a few… I thought the 2013-2014 models came with it but i guess its only the 2014. Just imagine how gorgeous these would look in red!
Attached Thumbnails '12 to '13 Differences-2014-lexus-is-f-27_600x0w.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 05-15-15, 07:36 PM
ISFDrivr
Driver School Candidate

Oh yeah, that looks awesome! Must only be the '14. Damn, that sucks! How much would those be to buy from the dealer I wonder...

Seems weird that they would change something like for only one year though!
Old 05-15-15, 10:48 PM
ISDAS
Intermediate

Received 64 Likes on 27 Posts

yeah would like to find those headrests also.. lol
Old 05-16-15, 09:11 AM
Reaper21
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The headrests were available from Sewell before they closed. They were around $500 even with the CL discount.
Old 05-16-15, 09:47 AM
ISFDrivr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Reaper21
The headrests were available from Sewell before they closed. They were around $500 even with the CL discount.
Haha! $1000 dollars for headrests? I think I'll pass even if I could find them! They do look awesome though!
Old 06-10-15, 05:12 PM
ISFDrivr
Driver School Candidate

I though I'd resurrect this thread and show off the new stuff. I went ahead and bought the "for 2012 ISF" carbon spoiler, and of course it fits absolutely perfect! Looks really great on the car and I think the colors compliment each other perfectly.

A few pics:

Old 06-11-15, 11:47 AM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Welcome to the NGP club! Pretty rare color to see.
Old 06-11-15, 01:48 PM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 2URGSE
Welcome to the NGP club! Pretty rare color to see.
Yes, welcome to the NGP club! It is a rare color. I've only seen one other NGP ISF ever.
Old 06-11-15, 02:05 PM
ISFDrivr
Driver School Candidate

Thanks gentlemen!

I certainly hadn't seen this particular color before either. I was originally looking for USB or white, but I really wanted the red interior and was willing to basically take any exterior color to get it. Because, well, the ISF looks pretty amazing in any color! Luckily, this NGP with red interior popped up not too far way from home and I just couldn't say no! Luckily for me it just happens to be really rare.

Quick Reply: '12 to '13 Differences