IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

bnizzle and I track the F yesterday!

Old 05-05-15, 09:03 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by joshhleee
looks fun but scares me how you state that the car is totally different on the track when we think we already know the car.
yeah josh its totally different, specially going over 130+ on the oval, seems like im going to loose control of the car and hit the wall. I wonder how the nascar driver does it..

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
Yes to the open hood! I kept wondering why I didn't see you for a bit of time haha.

Total blast learning the car with a friend, Chris. As owners, it is our right to understand how our cars behave and what it will take to extract that extra level of excitement that regular street driving simply cannot give us. We left unharmed and more confident with our driving techniques, and that is what makes our day a success. The knowledge gained is something we can take with us and apply it not only to our daily driving but also in preparation for the next track event.

Much thanks to you for being my garage mate. I wouldn't want anyone else to share it with. And also thanks to quarius (Jeff) for coming out and hanging with us. The F family always comes together no matter how few or many congregate. See you both in a couple of weeks!
awesome brian, we had a blast for sure. ill see you in two weeks...

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Thats why I do them all the time. 6 track days in 10 months. Id say my F is seasoned. So happy I decided to trade my LS460 . I bought the F specifically to go to the track. Its already hot as hell here so Im not doing track days until at least October .
yup, my next track day might be around fall. i really wanted to go to streets of willow, but its a bit of a drive. yeah temp here is starting to rise and i wouldn't want to go to the track when its HOT!!
Old 05-05-15, 09:28 AM
RedlineISF
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Chris, Glad to hear you got a good track day in your F. Definitely a good track and environment to begin learning limits of the car. What was your top speed? Did you use a transponder, if so what was your best time? Yes Turn 1 can be insane depending on how fast you are willing to go into it.
Old 05-05-15, 11:41 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RedlineISF
Hey Chris, Glad to hear you got a good track day in your F. Definitely a good track and environment to begin learning limits of the car. What was your top speed? Did you use a transponder, if so what was your best time? Yes Turn 1 can be insane depending on how fast you are willing to go into it.
haha..hell yeah bro, when I was chasing the vette at the oval I looked my speedo at 130 and im still climbing, maybe 140. but i got scared coz seems like i am getting close to the wall where they have the "bienvenidos" sign, so i let go off the gas, besides the hard left turn is coming up...its funny coz its telling me that bienvenidos to the wall...lol... No i didn't get a transponder, but quarius hook me up with his phone with an app like a transponder and it recorded at 2:16... that's were i pushed the F hard. before i was chasing the vette, theres an audi S8 that i have to give a point by and im pretty sure the vette gave him a point by too coz he's chasing that audi, and i have it on my dash cam as well...its a real joy ride and by the time i got to the garage my oil temp was 5 BARS and could tell that the engine was pushed hard, even the battery indicator was one or two bar up....definitely I'll do it again..

Last edited by chris07is; 05-05-15 at 12:14 PM.
Old 05-05-15, 01:22 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Hopefully this will inspire more F owners who are on the fence about tracking the car. The F holds up SO well to the track in stock form me . Its a no brainer to enjoy the car for what it was created for. These freeway onramp blasts are a joke. Most people dont even know how to drive the car
Old 05-05-15, 04:00 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Hopefully this will inspire more F owners who are on the fence about tracking the car. The F holds up SO well to the track in stock form me . Its a no brainer to enjoy the car for what it was created for. These freeway onramp blasts are a joke. Most people dont even know how to drive the car
yeah bro, we were out numbered by the mfest, porsche, subie, vette and stangs...but its all good..i know that are F can hang with some of them...but like what they said, its not about the HP's, who ever has fastest lap...i cant wait for the next track day...
Old 05-05-15, 04:39 PM
Turbogoat3
Driver School Candidate

Wow looks like you guys had a blast. I have my rx-7 for tracking but I would love to give the f a shot ateast once and it would be awesome to do it with fellow forum members. Let me know next time you guys go and if it's ok I'd love to join!
Old 05-05-15, 06:08 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice moves boys!
Old 05-05-15, 06:13 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,835 Likes on 2,324 Posts

The first lesson in track driving is, street driving, no matter how aggressive, is slow. Really slow. I discovered this way back in 1984 on my first track day with the AFM at Sears Point on my Honda 500 Interceptor. Cars are no different.

It's always great to see owners working at getting more from themselves. Everything you learn at the track translates into a skill you can use on any car you drive. That's why mods to the driver are worth 10x what mods to the car are.
Old 05-05-15, 06:16 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Everything you learn at the track translates into a skill you can use on any car you drive. That's why mods to the driver are worth 10x what mods to the car are.
I dont care what anyone says. This guy knows his stuff. Doesn't mean a decent driver cant benefit from a mod though.
Old 05-06-15, 01:29 AM
quarius
Pole Position

Originally Posted by chris07is
thanks for showing up jeff, yes indeed it was a blast!!!, please don't show them the open hood...lol..
Do you mean pics like this?

Old 05-06-15, 02:05 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Exclamation vented racing hood

Originally Posted by quarius
Do you mean pics like this?

lol..yeah thats the one... meatball flag... ur hood is open bro..lol
Old 05-06-15, 06:25 AM
TranV
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice one Chris, see you at the coming up Westmisnter meet!
Old 05-06-15, 01:52 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TranV
Nice one Chris, see you at the coming up Westmisnter meet!
thanks bro, see u guys then...
Old 05-06-15, 04:11 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

bro I would recommend Costcophoto.com for some 20x30 prints for the garage. Those are great shots. Always nice to have other cars in the shots for reference and so people know you ran with some BIG DOGS !! $8.99 a piece and 20x30 frames are $10 at walmart. Do a little gallery of track day photos . It'll jazz up the garage

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-of-the-f.html
Old 05-06-15, 08:34 PM
quarius
Pole Position

Incoming photo bomb. Many great shots here, these actions shots helped me learn more about moving objects and how to shoot them so not all of them are great but at least they're something. Enjoy!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: bnizzle and I track the F yesterday!