IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

ELF recall Fuel pressure sensor done, car doesn't seem to pull as hard

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-15, 07:46 AM
xaznx
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ELF recall Fuel pressure sensor done, car doesn't seem to pull as hard

I got the ELF recall (fuel pressure sensor) done this past monday and looks like things went well. I mentioned about the plastic wire harness casing breaking as noted in the previous post and the SA took very good of it and did not crack it. However my car only has 7k miles on it, so plastic is not very brittle. Anyways I also had them install my JoeZ exhaust. I am noticing that the car does not pull as hard as before the recall being performed. I can't seem to to determine if it is due to the recall, or maybe the since the addition of the exhaust my powerband of the car has evened out a little more that I don't seem to notice as much. Normally prior to the recall at WOT the car screams, probably when the 2 intake valve opens up. Prior to the recall at WOT the car jolts me into the seat when this happens. It doesn't do this anymore. I checked the oem intake to make sure it is latched and seated correctly. Not sure if resetting the ECU, negative battery term disconnected for 30 mins while doing the recall has anything to do with this or does it take time for this to happen again. Any thoughts guys before I call my SA and complain.
Old 04-30-15, 10:00 AM
BS ISF
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

ecu is still relearning. keep driving like you stole it. also with the JoeZ catback you should have picked up around 20rwhp and lost a couple lbs. not that your butt dyno will tell the difference accurately but I noticed with my borla. especially throttle response.
Old 04-30-15, 10:22 AM
xaznx
Driver

What or how many miles does it take for ecu to learn? Just wondering, phew I thought something messed up during the recall.
Old 04-30-15, 12:57 PM
BS ISF
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

the ecu is constantly learning. normally I believe it's a couple hundred miles.
Old 04-30-15, 05:45 PM
mattbeeezy
Lead Lap

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

correct the ecu is constantly learning.... but it doesn't not take a couple hundred miles for the ecu relearn your driving habits. the ecu in the is-f learns your driving habits pretty fast. if you baby the pedal its going to going to trim to how you drive. If you smash on the pedal every time obviously its going to be a lot more sensitive. Did you have the dealership fill up your gas tank for the recall? they might have put a lower grade of gas.
Old 04-30-15, 10:06 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

There is no way that the car should feel slower. After I got my exhaust, I noticed right away a notice in power.. I think its all a placebo effect in your head haha.

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 05-01-15, 06:54 AM
TranV
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i agreed with Mattbeezy, it might be the gas...
Old 05-01-15, 01:31 PM
runyonwc
Driver School Candidate

I also felt like my car wasn't as fast after the recall. Mine didn't feel like it pulled as hard in the upper RPM's. I will say that it feels to be getting better every time I drive it. The ECU must be learning or something. Today it felt back to normal.
Old 05-01-15, 01:54 PM
todd4566
Pit Crew

I will be doing this recall in a month or so and hope my goes well with no ill side effects. How many days did it take for the car to be complete?
Old 05-01-15, 03:06 PM
xaznx
Driver

runyonwc, about how many miles are you on now after the recall. I've put on about 200 miles and still a little sluggish. I do notice that the exhuast is toning down and getting deeper. Wondering if the powerband of the car is evening out more since the exhaust install. As far as recall goes, it took the dealer about 4 hours for the work to be done. Plus they owe me a full tank of gas. I went in with 3/4 tank of gas, so they topped me off, but I assume if they were to top me off and added regular unleaded more of the fuel should be premium, so I really shouldn;t feel that much power loss.
Old 05-01-15, 06:30 PM
runyonwc
Driver School Candidate

I'm probably at about 300 miles since the recall. I also had my passenger side valves adjusted. I had a JoeZ and Borla exhaust before and after the recall. I feel my idle is a little rough when it idles around 500rpm while it is still getting up to 3 bars on the oil temp. Once it is fully warmed up it seems to idle better.

I did reset my computer by pulling the fuses about 2 days after I got the car back. I drove it kinda hard during the ECU learning period and it seemed to help.