IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Douche 335i owner gave me a thumbsdown

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-15, 08:58 AM
xianxian
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea the 7 was my dream car... so when I found a 7 shell only I took that chance with a quickness! granted the rotary engine sounds nice... but I don't have the time or money to keep replacing the apex seals...
Old 04-20-15, 09:08 AM
Bigcloud
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xianxian
yea the 7 was my dream car... so when I found a 7 shell only I took that chance with a quickness! granted the rotary engine sounds nice... but I don't have the time or money to keep replacing the apex seals...
I feel ya man! Those apex seals have a life of their own!!
Old 04-20-15, 09:38 AM
xianxian
Driver

the ISF is a mad man in a very very nice suit....

I got to leave some love for the reason we are in the forum... lol
Old 04-20-15, 09:52 AM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry but if the 335i was tuned with full bolt ons you wouldve got destroyed lol. Even stock with a tune honestly.
Old 04-20-15, 12:58 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Justin2JZ
Sorry but if the 335i was tuned with full bolt ons you wouldve got destroyed lol. Even stock with a tune honestly.
have you ever driven an ISF?? Not saying the bimmer is slow but the F is pretty damn fast especially when you run the motor all the way to red line. I know those bimmers and crazy torque though
Old 04-20-15, 02:11 PM
Blzn335
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I came from a tuned/full bolt on 335 runnin on e85 mix. It was definitely faster than my current F. But the 335 broke down all the damn time. It stranded me twice in 2 months. Hence why I sold her and moved to my F.
Old 04-20-15, 03:29 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blzn335
I came from a tuned/full bolt on 335 runnin on e85 mix. It was definitely faster than my current F. But the 335 broke down all the damn time. It stranded me twice in 2 months. Hence why I sold her and moved to my F.
Like I always say there are great cars to drive and there are great cars to own. The ISF is both. The bimmers are only the first
Old 04-20-15, 04:10 PM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

I've ran against a Slush-box 335 with Tune and I/Down-Pipes/E in a C63.... I didn't have a chance. I don't think an ISF would fair better. Only thing I can take away is that his turbos eventually blew.
Old 04-20-15, 04:12 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

forced induction tuning is SO easy and SO affective. You just breathe on the damn motor and it will drop 50-70 HP in your lap
Old 04-20-15, 04:12 PM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Justin2JZ
Former 335i owner here.

Since I work literally 1 mile from Terry @ Burger Tuning, I used to run all his latest and greatest tunes. JB3, JB4 ect.

With just a tune only, a 335i is no match for a stock IS-F top end. My stock IS-F feels like it pulls way harder up top than my 335i with a JB4 only. Tune only 335i should trap about 108-110ish in the 1/4. IS-F known to trap 114+ stock.

Even when I was eventually running AA downpipes, FMIC, meth, intake it wasn't crazy fast or anything. I probably would have pulled a stock IS-F no problem but not as bad as you think. It had gobs of midrange pull but top end never really felt exciting like the IS-F does.

My memory is sorta cloudy since that thing was a pile of **** and almost killed me on 3 occasions (Thanks HPFP "high pressure fuel pump") numerous VANOS issues, wastegate problems, turbo problems, electronic problems. I also think it sounded terrible, other 6 cylinder twin turbos sound great when you open them up, Supra, GT-R ect. The N54 in the 335i just sounds awful.

I must admit, I was a complete a total **** when I had my 335i, LOL. I think you just have to fit into the stereotype when you buy the car. The brand brings out the worst in people for sure....
Old 04-20-15, 04:32 PM
xianxian
Driver

smells like someone should run a tuned ISF vs Tuned 335i

reliability + style + power = ISF wins hands down for me

but thats just my opinion...
Old 04-20-15, 05:17 PM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Ran a modified 335i after leaving the drag strip. He pursued and I could tell he thought he was going to win. He was wrong lol. I have headers/exhaust and pulled a couple car lengths in a fairly quick rolling start.
Old 04-20-15, 06:59 PM
airchomper
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think 335i's are slowly reclaiming the jive turkey's attention from Audis and Infiniti G35/37s.

The fact of the matter is that 335i's are getting pretty cheap, and they're really cheap to tune. Hell, if you just run e85 and a tune, you're probably going to get 350 horse at the wheels (nearly what a stock ISF puts down, IIRC), and you can get to 400 WHP on an exhuast, intake, injectors, and tune.

The only problem is that their components can barely handle aggressive driving at their stock power output, and you're basically guaranteed to blow up something up at 400 horsepower without a few grand of supporting mods (a few grand in parts, another grand or three to install them).

If I had the garage space, I'd pick up the first 335i manual Sedan I saw for less than $6500 and drop in an e85 fuel system, exhaust, intake, headers, and tune it. Or that's what I tell myself.

But facts aside, they're driven pretty agressively. One time I flashed my high beams on a 335i which was holding up traffic in the left lane - let it be known I was on my FJR1300, a bike that runs about a 10.5 in the quarter - and it didn't budge. A little while later, I got the chance to pass on the right, and the dang BMW started dropping gears. It was trying to race me. Heh. I dropped a gear and rolled on the throttle, hitting 100 before the turbos on the BMW even spooled up.

Gave the turkey a little wave buh-bye as I blasted away.

That said, I always wave at cool Lexii (the LSs, ISFs and moddes ISs, and once at an LFA but I didn't get a wave back which is a bummer) so wave back! I got you, dawg.
Old 04-20-15, 08:57 PM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by xianxian
smells like someone should run a tuned ISF vs Tuned 335i

reliability + style + power = ISF wins hands down for me

but thats just my opinion...
Show me a tuned ISF.
Old 04-20-15, 09:05 PM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KSLAM
I pulled up to a 5.0 mustang the other night and was cruising with him. I hit the throttle and bumped 2 car lengths ahead of him. So he then went to line up with me again but I was in the merging lane at an exit and he hits the throttle and speeds off. Shame, I really wanted to see what my car would do to that 5.0

I had one doing the punch the gas and let off punch the gas and let off last night but there was way too much traffic to do anything. I would have liked to see what the F would do against a newer mustang.

Quick Reply: Douche 335i owner gave me a thumbsdown