ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Break in period required , then the F can really dance
Old 04-25-15, 03:35 PM
T4styPh0
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just had mine installed a couple hours ago with the sikky sway bar. My friend and I installed it at work and everything went smooth and easy. The only hard part personally was reinstalling the O2 sensor. It either twisted too much or didn't unwind enough when tightened. On the "droning" part, to me it sounds like stock hum but turned up a little bit when cruising. But in sport manual, the downshift throttle blips just sounds soo
Old 04-26-15, 11:30 AM
xaznx
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks t4stph0, I get mine on tomorrow, and can't wait. So what is the confusion about the install, so that I know. to my understanding, the exhaust only fits one way and I guess the confusion is that the drivers side cross piece on the joe z exhaust hanger must sit higher than the factory, therefore requiring a 180 degree flip of the rubber hanger itself in order for the joe z exhaust to fit where it is supposed to. Can anybody post a pic of this versus the oem so that I have no hiccups for tomorrows install. I would do this myself however, I have no access to a lift and all of my buddies are at work and also kinda hard babysitting my two kids and not hovering around a lifted car. I think posting a pic of an where an oem exhaust hanger sits and joe Z install will clarify quite a bit. Thanks guys
Old 04-26-15, 02:18 PM
T4styPh0
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xaznx
Thanks t4stph0, I get mine on tomorrow, and can't wait. So what is the confusion about the install, so that I know. to my understanding, the exhaust only fits one way and I guess the confusion is that the drivers side cross piece on the joe z exhaust hanger must sit higher than the factory, therefore requiring a 180 degree flip of the rubber hanger itself in order for the joe z exhaust to fit where it is supposed to. Can anybody post a pic of this versus the oem so that I have no hiccups for tomorrows install. I would do this myself however, I have no access to a lift and all of my buddies are at work and also kinda hard babysitting my two kids and not hovering around a lifted car. I think posting a pic of an where an oem exhaust hanger sits and joe Z install will clarify quite a bit. Thanks guys
If you take a look on the midpipe (with 2 resonator) the 2 hangers are offset and sits higher on driver side. There's really only way to fit it in. Hand tighten the bolts first, then set it where it's not hitting the heatshields and tighten down from cats back is how I did it.
Old 04-26-15, 03:26 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by T4styPh0
If you take a look on the midpipe (with 2 resonator) the 2 hangers are offset and sits higher on driver side. There's really only way to fit it in. Hand tighten the bolts first, then set it where it's not hitting the heatshields and tighten down from cats back is how I did it.
Yes ONLY one way... If someone does get it on a different way... Then it clearly doesn't fit..!!

Passenger Side

Driver Side

Both Sides Top View

Yes - I just jacked my car to take photos of this only working one way... Since 2008

Joe Z
Attached Thumbnails Does the Joe Z exhaust drone?-image.jpg  

Last edited by Joe Z; 04-26-15 at 03:31 PM.
Old 04-26-15, 07:02 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I am having a defect issue right now. The dealer says the exhaust hanger on the mid section is not in the right place and is not lining up with the hanger o the car. I even went down to look at it. I am a little pissed right now and dont know what to do. The dealer says to take it to a shop and have the hanger modified to fit or just cut it off. Thats BS and if this thing is defective Im going to be pissed. Not happy so far. Havent heard the damn thing but dont like the idea of getting the priciest unit and then having a defect. I thought it was the tech but I cant see how else to mount it
Just wanted to make sure for any future viewers of this thread know that the defect that the tech described was 100% the tech not following install instructions and blaming it on the manufacturer . This was all install error. In fact ModinJapan ( Steve Tran) contacted immediately after seeing the post and helped me solve the issue by reaching out to joe z himself !! Amazing service followed by an amazing buying experience.
Old 04-26-15, 08:55 PM
xaznx
Driver

Thanks Joe Z for the pics, this does help very much to clarify the install. Thanks for the support. I8abmr, What are your thoughts after the install as far as sounds and drone
Old 04-27-15, 03:29 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by T4styPh0
Just had mine installed a couple hours ago with the sikky sway bar. My friend and I installed it at work and everything went smooth and easy. The only hard part personally was reinstalling the O2 sensor. It either twisted too much or didn't unwind enough when tightened. On the "droning" part, to me it sounds like stock hum but turned up a little bit when cruising. But in sport manual, the downshift throttle blips just sounds soo
Yes literlaly the first few days it's different, after breaking in the exhaust it sounds awesome
Old 04-27-15, 07:56 AM
xaznx
Driver

Car is at the dealer right now, I didn't get a chance to get a decimal reading at startup, however here is one at idle once engine is warm. I'll post agin after the joe z install a lil later today once I get the car back.

Old 04-27-15, 08:59 AM
caveman
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by xaznx
Car is at the dealer right now, I didn't get a chance to get a decimal reading at startup, however here is one at idle once engine is warm. I'll post agin after the joe z install a lil later today once I get the car back.
keep us posted after the install! and was this reading from inside or outside the car?
Old 04-27-15, 11:00 AM
xaznx
Driver

Originally Posted by caveman
keep us posted after the install! and was this reading from inside or outside the car?
This reading was outside right next to the exhaust
Old 04-27-15, 03:47 PM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts

Glad to see it all worked out

-Steven @ Mod in Japan
Old 04-27-15, 06:42 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by ModInJapan
Glad to see it all worked out

-Steven @ Mod in Japan
Steven I really appreciate all that you did. If it wasn't for your immediate response I would not have contacted Joe Z and I would have been stressing this all weekend . Thanks again for going ABOVE and BEYOND to help out. We are all lucky here to have a company like ModInJapan to do business with. Carson Toyota would have told me its my issue or just return it.

Quick Reply: Does the Joe Z exhaust drone?