Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Defratos
Headers will change the sound of your exhaust dramatically
Any videos
Old 04-22-15, 01:45 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

haven't recorded anything since installing the exhaust but I'll try and get something within the next few weeks.
Old 04-22-15, 05:35 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Hey guys my Joe Z system is waiting in the garage for install at the dealer tomorrow. I am curious to see if I can download a Decibel meter app and objectively measure the increase in noise from oem to JoeZ
Old 04-22-15, 07:59 PM
xaznx
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i8abmr, can you let me know what your dealer is going to charge you for the install. Getting mine installed on monday and kinda curious what the dealer is charging you. My dealer quoted me 290 for 2 hours labor
Old 04-22-15, 11:04 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by xaznx
i8abmr, can you let me know what your dealer is going to charge you for the install. Getting mine installed on monday and kinda curious what the dealer is charging you. My dealer quoted me 290 for 2 hours labor
Yeah buddy. Pretty sure they said it would be 1 hr at $162 with the stipulation that it could be a little more if the tech runs into issues but he said most likely it will be very simple. Im so excited, New tires, new pads and rotors and a new exhaust. This is going to be a nice little refresh for my F !!
Old 04-23-15, 01:32 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

I8ABMR If you're going to measure Decibel's then let the exhaust break in first as it changes tone quiet a bit from when it's first installed.
Old 04-23-15, 07:49 AM
caveman
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I8ABMR If you're going to measure Decibel's then let the exhaust break in first as it changes tone quiet a bit from when it's first installed.
i'd be interested in seeing the decibel difference between stock, right after install, and post exhaust break-in.
Old 04-23-15, 08:00 AM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by caveman
i'd be interested in seeing the decibel difference between stock, right after install, and post exhaust break-in.
Likewise.

I should have done a DB check on mine but honestly did not think about it at the time.

Personally, I have noticed no appreciable change in sound, tone, DB output etc. since installation of my Joe Z approximately 2k miles ago. Seems pretty much the same as day one.
Old 04-23-15, 05:10 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I was so busy trying to pack up the loaner with the exhaust and the new rotors I forgot to download the app and record the car. Pretty sure one of us with a stock car can measure and then we can relay our info for comparison. In the end its really the only objective way to measure. We al know its going to be loud.......but how loud ?

Originally Posted by caveman
That would interesting to see if the decrese in sound is really due to adaption or is it real. In my experience they get a little louder when they get older.

Originally Posted by SoCalISF
Likewise.

I should have done a DB check on mine but honestly did not think about it at the time.

Personally, I have noticed no appreciable change in sound, tone, DB output etc. since installation of my Joe Z approximately 2k miles ago. Seems pretty much the same as day one.
I'm concerned I'm going to think its too loud. How do you like it when you dont want to drive fast
Old 04-23-15, 06:14 PM
cciepunk
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My JoeZ arrives tomorrow from ModInJapan. I have a local Toyota/Lexus shop Eric's Wrench that will be installing it for me next week.

Last edited by cciepunk; 04-29-15 at 03:51 PM.
Old 04-24-15, 11:27 AM
xaznx
Driver

I get my Joe Z installed monday, I just dl'd the decibal app and I'll post before decibal install at idle and the peak decible measurements at revs to compare after an install monday. I8abmr, how is it so far??
Old 04-24-15, 12:28 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I am having a defect issue right now. The dealer says the exhaust hanger on the mid section is not in the right place and is not lining up with the hanger o the car. I even went down to look at it. I am a little pissed right now and dont know what to do. The dealer says to take it to a shop and have the hanger modified to fit or just cut it off. Thats BS and if this thing is defective Im going to be pissed. Not happy so far. Havent heard the damn thing but dont like the idea of getting the priciest unit and then having a defect. I thought it was the tech but I cant see how else to mount it
Old 04-24-15, 12:51 PM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I am having a defect issue right now. The dealer says the exhaust hanger on the mid section is not in the right place and is not lining up with the hanger o the car. I even went down to look at it. I am a little pissed right now and dont know what to do. The dealer says to take it to a shop and have the hanger modified to fit or just cut it off. Thats BS and if this thing is defective Im going to be pissed. Not happy so far. Havent heard the damn thing but dont like the idea of getting the priciest unit and then having a defect. I thought it was the tech but I cant see how else to mount it
this is the first time i have ever heard of this issue with any joe z exhaust. Do you have any pics of it?
Old 04-24-15, 02:08 PM
cciepunk
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I saw JoeZ's response to fixing this installation error and will make sure to tell the shop installing my JoeZ next week about it. Can't wait to hear the sounds and if I notice any drone as some have stated between 2-3k.
Old 04-24-15, 02:32 PM
xaznx
Driver

cciepunk, wheres Joe Z's response at? I'd like to know about the install error too before getting my exhaust installed this monday. Thanks

Quick Reply: Does the Joe Z exhaust drone?