IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Got beat by a stock M4

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-15, 05:30 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Your 20 inch rims didnt help.....would've been closer if you had the stock 19's or someting lightter
Old 04-17-15, 01:03 PM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Out of curiosity, what full bolt on setup are you running?
Old 04-17-15, 01:11 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by SoulFreak
It's gonna get worse, my buddy at work started bragging to me the other night, that the m4 got a new tune/flash. For just under 1k you can be making a whopping 635whp! He really wants me to go over the bimmer side, but I simply can't. I Love the F for what it is. Yes I do wish it made more power but it is what it is.
That's an insane boost in power! It wouldn't surprise me though. The 428i can gain roughly 100 whp just from bolt ons and a tune from what I heard.
Old 04-17-15, 02:09 PM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Indeed, it's such an insane power boost! I did get jealous but I want to remain loyal.
Old 04-17-15, 03:27 PM
scamsel
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

can always go 100 or 150 shot if you really wanted to hang with some o these bigger boys and still be'd a magnitude more reliable car, ha.
Old 04-17-15, 04:14 PM
MyisFly
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Out of curiosity, what full bolt on setup are you running?
Borla cat back, ppe headers and takeda intake
Old 04-17-15, 04:17 PM
MyisFly
Driver

and no one knows how long it takes for the ecu to adjust???? But we did play around on the highway earlier and he didnt leave me there but from a dead stop it was a different story.
Old 04-17-15, 11:00 PM
SoulFreak
Instructor

I'm wondering if the takeda intake is killing your whp? They have been proven to decrease your optimum power performance. I'm working on getting the ISS QES exhaust, PPE headers, and Joe Z intake. I'm wondering if the results would be different. At least from a complete stop. Were you able to hang on the highway? Or was it close?
Old 04-18-15, 05:33 AM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Sorry to thread jack! But I just had an awesome moment on the highway! I was off work, heading home. A few miles down the road I recognize a sky blue M4 cruising. I immediately put my F in gear and lined up next to the driver. We made contact, waited for the road to clear and both took off and to my amazement we both were neck and neck for at least a little over a mile. It was until then we reached traffic and had to cautionly maneuver through other vehicles. He tailgated me for at least another mile. Once I cleared, I moved over a lane and I let him catch up to me and he just flew past me. I caught up to him in no time! Once again we made contact and he was just giving me thumbs up and we split paths! I'm completely stock! I just had a quarter of fuel left in the tank. The M4 was dropped, other wise stock as well. Anyways I just thought I'd share!
Old 04-18-15, 08:46 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,290 Posts

I'm wondering if the takeda intake is killing your whp?
No, The Takeda MAY take a couple of HP, but killing it - NO WAY. My Dyno is posted in other threads, take a peak.

I was the first forum member to install the Takeda. I'm still pleased with it.

Lou
Old 04-18-15, 05:35 PM
MyisFly
Driver

I'm wondering if the takeda intake is killing your whp? They have been proven to decrease your optimum power performance. I'm working on getting the ISS QES exhaust, PPE headers, and Joe Z intake. I'm wondering if the results would be different. At least from a complete stop. Were you able to hang on the highway? Or was it close?
On the highway we were neck and neck didnt really pull away. But i thought intake was just for sound didnt know it killed my performance.
Old 04-18-15, 07:20 PM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Originally Posted by flowrider
No, The Takeda MAY take a couple of HP, but killing it - NO WAY. My Dyno is posted in other threads, take a peak.

I was the first forum member to install the Takeda. I'm still pleased with it.

Lou
I stand corrected...lol. Kill is a bit extreme, I simply meant decrease. Yes, Lou...I believe I read over that thread at one point.
Old 04-18-15, 07:23 PM
SoulFreak
Instructor

Originally Posted by MyisFly
On the highway we were neck and neck didnt really pull away. But i thought intake was just for sound didnt know it killed my performance.
It will decrease your power, by a bit...I was neck and neck this morning too...I thought it was gonna sure pull away at any moment but I was staying right beside him the whole time.
Old 04-19-15, 05:53 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts

You don't need an excuse and I want to see the dyno number of the guy whose beat two M4s with no problem. These cars are roughly 300 pounds lighter than the IS-F and are underrated from the factory at 425 bhp. The 6MT M4 has superior drag race gearing as well, IMO.

Ken.
Old 04-20-15, 05:11 AM
MRxSLAYx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by KJH
You don't need an excuse and I want to see the dyno number of the guy whose beat two M4s with no problem. These cars are roughly 300 pounds lighter than the IS-F and are underrated from the factory at 425 bhp. The 6MT M4 has superior drag race gearing as well, IMO.

Ken.
Dyno numbers mean nothing, never understood why guys still insist on them. M4 has good gearing, but it still falls short after 120mph. You can doubt it, but my car has proven itself time and time again.

Quick Reply: Got beat by a stock M4