IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Feed back from ISF owners with FIGS LCA BUSHINGS

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-15, 09:25 PM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts
Default Feed back from ISF owners with FIGS LCA BUSHINGS

Going to install some swift spring was think of installing Figs LCA bushings as well. Just looking for some feed back, regarding ride quality, handling, etc.
thanks guys
Old 04-10-15, 05:02 PM
2011slvISF
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get them!!! the save your front tires from uneven tread wear, and i think it helps the steering to. i know it help the car stay more stable when braking. i HIGHLY recommend getting the LCA bushings.
Old 04-10-15, 05:21 PM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I met with isfpat earlier in the week and he said the same as above, reduced tire wear it reduces the deflection so braking feels better

Last edited by Sylvan; 04-10-15 at 10:51 PM.
Old 04-10-15, 08:19 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

The car feels fine on the track with extremely hard braking. The term slop is a joke. There is nothing sloppy about the ISF under hard braking. I have the uneven tire wear and it is very minor minor. I plan on adding these but its hard to get feedback from owners who actually track their cars since so few are actually doing any real driving . My concern is getting a squeak from the bushing like some have. I can handle tire wear on a sports car. What I cant handle is my flagship performance car sounding like a Chevy pick up when it goes over speed bumps. I know they can be lubed but I dont want the headache. Most of everyone I know with them are happy. I think its worth a shot.
Old 04-11-15, 08:44 AM
Enough
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have them. No more trammeling on rain grooves and surface irregularities, no more following the crown of the road, no more sunroof creaking backing out of the driveway. I can't attest for improved tire wear. I do my own alignments and I can say the after installing the Figs bushings the alignment was changed due to the deflection set that the OEM bushings took on. The Figs centered the pivot point. I don't track my car but I am more than pleased with the improvements I listed for street use. I am pretty confident that if you tracked your F you would notice more braking control and steering feedback.
Old 04-11-15, 10:52 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,842 Likes on 2,330 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
The car feels fine on the track with extremely hard braking. The term slop is a joke. There is nothing sloppy about the ISF under hard braking. I have the uneven tire wear and it is very minor minor. I plan on adding these but its hard to get feedback from owners who actually track their cars since so few are actually doing any real driving . My concern is getting a squeak from the bushing like some have. I can handle tire wear on a sports car. What I cant handle is my flagship performance car sounding like a Chevy pick up when it goes over speed bumps. I know they can be lubed but I dont want the headache. Most of everyone I know with them are happy. I think its worth a shot.
Sorry to disagree, but hard braking on an uphill section will make the back end wander and feel very unsettled. I have wondered a lot about how much better the braking would be without those big squishy doughnut bushings. Sounds like they fix a lot of the uncomposed feeling the car has under genuinely hard (impending ABS) braking. You really ought to come to the Southeast and run some bigger tracks, you'll be surprised how different the car is when you get some real speed.
Old 04-11-15, 10:38 PM
gearcase
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Im getting the rear unsettled under braking at the track. 2008 stock, muffler delete. In the future hoping a gilken and figs could make this more tunable . I know its not the best way around but its fun to slide into a turn but not off the track.
Old 04-11-15, 10:57 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I guess the extra 20-30mph makes all the difference. For me she is fine. I am willing to try them since they enhance even wear in the front . We will see. I am currently debating an exhaust, need new tires badly, and need new pads according to the dealership. Need to prioritize lol.
Old 04-12-15, 05:18 AM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I guess the extra 20-30mph makes all the difference. For me she is fine. I am willing to try them since they enhance even wear in the front . We will see. I am currently debating an exhaust, need new tires badly, and need new pads according to the dealership. Need to prioritize lol.
That 20-30mph is what does it. I run a two very different tracks, one slower and very demanding on my brakes and the other very fast. 220Kph and the car scares me as I hit my brakes.
At 1:02 in the video is the beginning of that straight that leaves the car very unsettled. This is north Americas fastest track. I'm in the process of installing the figs bushing, I will report back after a few laps around the track.

Last edited by Compthis; 04-12-15 at 07:08 AM.
Old 04-12-15, 06:08 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

any increased NVH?
Old 04-12-15, 09:23 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by Compthis
That 20-30mph is what does it. I run a two very different tracks, one slower and very demanding on my brakes and the other very fast. 220Kph and the car scares me as I hit my brakes. Lexus ISF at Mosport with BMW Trillium Club September 7th, 2014 - YouTube At 1:02 in the video is the beginning of that straight that leaves the car very unsettled. This is north Americas fastest track. I'm in the process of installing the figs bushing, I will report back after a few laps around the track.
Nice, what kind of speeds are you carrying through that road course? To bad it wasn't a split camera view that shows your speed and shift points, I think those videos are cool because you can learn a lot for newbies that want to see how fast you are really going and where to shift etc....
Old 04-12-15, 09:44 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,842 Likes on 2,330 Posts

Originally Posted by Compthis
...This is north Americas fastest track....
Are you sure about that? There are quite a few super speedways much faster, and Willow Springs big track is a real road course with a lot of speed. LMP cars lap Road Atlanta and hit 202 mph on the back straight with a 1:01 lap time on a 2.54 mile track. Who says Mosport is fastest?

But back to the braking thing - it is most noticeable on an uphill braking section.
Old 04-12-15, 10:27 AM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Enough
I have them. No more trammeling on rain grooves and surface irregularities, no more following the crown of the road, no more sunroof creaking backing out of the driveway. I can't attest for improved tire wear. I do my own alignments and I can say the after installing the Figs bushings the alignment was changed due to the deflection set that the OEM bushings took on. The Figs centered the pivot point. I don't track my car but I am more than pleased with the improvements I listed for street use. I am pretty confident that if you tracked your F you would notice more braking control and steering feedback.
Thank you this is exactly type of additional information I was looking for. I was aware of benefits in high speed breaking and Increasing tire life due to permature Wear with OEM LCA.

I like to thank everyone for contributing to this thread the more information the better Keep it coming guys.
Old 04-12-15, 11:41 AM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
Nice, what kind of speeds are you carrying through that road course? To bad it wasn't a split camera view that shows your speed and shift points, I think those videos are cool because you can learn a lot for newbies that want to see how fast you are really going and where to shift etc....
Please do not use me as an example of a good driver. I am a sub-par driver and a newbie myself. Mosport (Canadian tire Motorsport park) scares me and because of that, will never get my potential out on that track in fears of running into a wall. I go there for a fun day out and to drive my car home. Toronto Motorsports park is another story, one wall and the rest all grass runoff. I run as hard as my car will go will almost no fear at all. I Can't wait to try out the new bushings, I'm hoping they compose the car a bit more.
Old 04-12-15, 12:12 PM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Are you sure about that? There are quite a few super speedways much faster, and Willow Springs big track is a real road course with a lot of speed. LMP cars lap Road Atlanta and hit 202 mph on the back straight with a 1:01 lap time on a 2.54 mile track. Who says Mosport is fastest?

But back to the braking thing - it is most noticeable on an uphill braking section.
When I said fastest track I meant the fastest average speed, not the fastest straight as that's not the entire track.

Quick Reply: Feed back from ISF owners with FIGS LCA BUSHINGS