IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Cant choose what ISF to get!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-15, 08:23 PM
H1_OFICR
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cant choose what ISF to get!

So for the past few months i have been searching for a ISF in the Southeast (Im located in Daytona Beach)

I recently found one in Miami, about 4 hours away from me, that looks really good. Im in love with the color combo..
The seller says he is the second owner (only had the car 6 month) No wrecks, regular maintenance from the first owner. The current owner purchased it from a Carmax stock and then all the mods were done.

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invento...ting=111271992

Whats the best way to protect yourself when purchasing a a ISF or any vehicle.. I mean the Carfax is clean but whats to say a vehicle wasn't wrecked and not reported and was fixed.. He said we could take to a dealership and get them to look over it..

The other option im seriously considering is
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...stingId=0&mmt=[LEXUS[ISF[]][]]&listingId=387500334&Log=0
but its a 3 owner car and was in a minor fender bender but has only 42k on it and have has a warranty until 2018 , 36500 is where we are at on price.

Or a red 2008 with 31k miles on it with borla exhaust and coilovers for 32k...

Sorry for going on and on.. I just want to make sure i make the right choice now that yall have convinced me how epic these cars are.

Last edited by H1_OFICR; 04-09-15 at 08:30 PM.
Old 04-09-15, 08:41 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

second link doesnt show up, I'd say the first one is a great pick up. Already tastefully modded, great color combo, low mies etc..

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 04-09-15, 09:25 PM
H1_OFICR
Pole Position

I agree, It's aggressive but not overdone. One of my big concerns when buying a car is if it's going to be able to be sold in a few years or is it to personalized.. I don't think the blue one has gotten to that point.. If so I can always part out the carbon fiber goodies. Are there any Miami isf members? I plan on driving down Saturday to see it and would love to have another member out there.
Old 04-09-15, 09:51 PM
ISFCOBRA
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Blue.. All the way...
Old 04-10-15, 06:37 AM
Sean
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The first car has some good stuff on it. TOM's lip and diffuser isn't easy to come by these days. If the owner still has stock spoiler / exhaust / wheels it might be ok.
Old 04-10-15, 07:56 AM
Pole Position

get the latest year with the lowest mileage you can afford.

i would stay away from modded cars.
Old 04-10-15, 07:57 AM
Justind27
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

I'd go red if they were around my area.
Old 04-10-15, 09:29 AM
H1_OFICR
Pole Position

The blue one in Miami doesn't have any stock parts other than the spoiler and intake. He said it would be fine if we took it to a dealership to get inspected.

The other one I was seriously thinking about was a white 10' that had 3 owners and was "tapped" in the rear during its first year of ownership.. So there is a wreck on the carfax.. But it come with a 3 year 100k warranty.. (through the bank he got the loan through..And it's transferable) for 36500. It has new brakes, tires, and only has a intake.
Old 04-10-15, 09:53 AM
2URGSE
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by 786
get the latest year with the lowest mileage you can afford.

i would stay away from modded cars.
++++1
Old 04-10-15, 11:02 AM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
Default This One is In Daytona

I recently saw your post and then this advertisement popped up on my computer screen (see below link). Also, I was reading some in the RSF forum and I saw several members stating they are on the waiting lists for their RCF's and they are starting to arrive so I would think there should be a few more nice condition ISF's than usual coming up for sale.

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-...ting=109622678

I have no affiliation with the above link or seller, just saw it was in Daytona.

Good luck.

Dave
Old 04-10-15, 12:51 PM
H1_OFICR
Pole Position

Thanks for looking out man, I actually went and drove that car and they wanted 36 for it which isn't bad but.. Out the door with dealer fees and taxes it was 38800. Which isn't aweful but nothing amazing.. But what makes it worse is the tires front tires are about shot, still on original rotors so those will need to be replaced soon and the wheels were pitted from brake dust buildup. I was so discouraged.. Iv pretty much narrowed it down to the blue one in the original post, or the white one with the minor accident but has a Warranty

I say that but.. In 3 months I'll prolly still be posting annoying you guys asking opinions.
Old 04-10-15, 05:53 PM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The blue I very nice and I like the mods I think they in my eyes if all else was equal would push me to that car saving me a few thousand down the road. I bought mine that also had a rear fender bender it wasn't a deal killer for me I looked over everything and I couldn't tell so I picked it up and haven't looked back. I guess when I go to sell it might make my car less desirable??
Old 04-11-15, 03:44 PM
Sean
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take your time. If you aren't completely satisfied with either of these then just hold off. Something good will pop up in FL soon enough.
Old 05-03-15, 05:05 AM
JdSwiper
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bacrotty
So for the past few months i have been searching for a ISF in the Southeast (Im located in Daytona Beach)

I recently found one in Miami, about 4 hours away from me, that looks really good. Im in love with the color combo..
The seller says he is the second owner (only had the car 6 month) No wrecks, regular maintenance from the first owner. The current owner purchased it from a Carmax stock and then all the mods were done.

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invento...ting=111271992

Whats the best way to protect yourself when purchasing a a ISF or any vehicle.. I mean the Carfax is clean but whats to say a vehicle wasn't wrecked and not reported and was fixed.. He said we could take to a dealership and get them to look over it..

The other option im seriously considering is
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...stingId=0&mmt=[LEXUS[ISF[]][]]&listingId=387500334&Log=0
but its a 3 owner car and was in a minor fender bender but has only 42k on it and have has a warranty until 2018 , 36500 is where we are at on price.

Or a red 2008 with 31k miles on it with borla exhaust and coilovers for 32k...

Sorry for going on and on.. I just want to make sure i make the right choice now that yall have convinced me how epic these cars are.
Hey Bacrotty, I just wanted to say thank you for posting this thread and hope your search for a awesome ISF is going well. Thanks to you I found myself a 2012 ISF that I took home this Monday. I've been slightly looking but haven't really seen anything of interest in my area as ISF's are extremely rare around here. After looking at all your stuff and cars on CarGurus.com I decided to put in my zip code just for the heak of it and low and behold a mint 2012 Nebula Gray Pearl ISF with 38,000 miles was for sale at a extremely reputable Lexus dealer in my area for $39,999. It was certified pre-owned but they would not give me the CPO warranty at that low price as it was marked down from$ 45,999 so I purchased a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty from them for an additional 2,500. All in all, I'm very happy. Already put on a JoeZ exhaust this week, lol. Anyway, thank you, I wouldn't of never found it if it weren't for you posting up about Cargurus.com!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Cant choose what ISF to get!-image.jpg  
Old 05-03-15, 10:09 AM
H1_OFICR
Pole Position

Default Your welcome!!

Hey
I'm so glad my questions could help.. It's all the guys who responded that helped me get my 09 isf. People like VtotheJ and Lobux.. Who go out of their way to help us newbies. That's the beauty of forums! I hope one day I can contribute more than ask lol.

Blake

Quick Reply: Cant choose what ISF to get!