IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

This is rather annoying......(street challenges)

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-15, 08:40 AM
ihadboost
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I wish I would get a little street challenge. Adding an exhaust will make sure nobody think its a weak *** F sport.
Heh. Having headers, exhaust and my license plate generally keeps people from messing with me...

Really though, living in Scottsdale I figured more people would try to act up around me but it's super rare. God damn street racers.
Old 06-01-15, 01:51 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by ihadboost
Heh. Having headers, exhaust and my license plate generally keeps people from messing with me...

Really though, living in Scottsdale I figured more people would try to act up around me but it's super rare. God damn street racers.
LOL Dude I saw you on 83rd ave a while back. I was in a white van and I honked for you to roll the windows down. I think you had the 285 rears. You car sounded badass. Your plate is awesome!!
Old 06-01-15, 01:55 PM
JdSwiper
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I usually just turn up my beats and bob my head when they are calling me on!
Old 06-01-15, 02:06 PM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default This is rather annoying......(street challenges)

I was in a white van and I honked for you to roll the windows down.
Out doing some kidnapping? Hahaha
Old 06-01-15, 09:46 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ZaxF
Out doing some kidnapping? Hahaha
LOL was in daddy mode. We were heading home from lunch and it was at the same time I was thinking about going to the 285 rears like Lou and BOOM badass blue ISF with the same tire sizes I was thinking of getting , cool plate, and exhaust. I rarely drive my F on the weekend. If I do its like to run very short errands and back to the Sienna. We call in mommys spaceship
Old 06-02-15, 03:55 AM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default This is rather annoying......(street challenges)

I hear you. Wife looked at me the other day with a sad face and said, "I guess I should get a van." That means the RX goes away with the arrival of the twins in October. Definitely not racing anyone in that bad boy. I casually suggested putting the RX on air suspension, but she didn't bite. Haha
Old 06-02-15, 06:20 AM
ForzaF
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Well these cars are you top secret weapon. I went to a local drag strip on the weekend and seen a guy in a lexus is300 pull in, he then walked over and we had a small chit chat he was over 50 and i said it be nice to turbo that inline 2jz of his and he agreed . At the end of the night he walked over and said that a pretty fast lexus you got there and said is my v6 supercharged lol. I said no this is a v8 he was like "wow I never knew these had v8s" I Had to educate him a little about the lineup.

I dont think most people know what isf is they think its just that an F sport beacuse of the F badge. I dont mind the way those ppl think they just wont know what hit them on the street, Maybe then theyll google it what an ISF. Dont forget not everyone is a car enthusiast.
Old 06-02-15, 07:14 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

LOL was in daddy mode. We were heading home from lunch and it was at the same time I was thinking about going to the 285 rears like Lou and BOOM badass blue ISF with the same tire sizes I was thinking of getting , cool plate, and exhaust. I rarely drive my F on the weekend. If I do its like to run very short errands and back to the Sienna. We call in mommys spaceship
Originally Posted by ZaxF
I hear you. Wife looked at me the other day with a sad face and said, "I guess I should get a van." That means the RX goes away with the arrival of the twins in October. Definitely not racing anyone in that bad boy. I casually suggested putting the RX on air suspension, but she didn't bite. Haha
Guys, I picked up a Odyssey back in March for the Family and I love it! Something like 15 cupholders widescreen t.v. with wireless headphones for the kids etc........ That's our main mode of transportation for the family and got to admit it's made our life easier transporting everything around.
Old 06-02-15, 08:00 AM
ihadboost
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

LOL Dude I saw you on 83rd ave a while back. I was in a white van and I honked for you to roll the windows down. I think you had the 285 rears. You car sounded badass. Your plate is awesome!!
Haha, small world, yup that was me! Damn, that was a while ago - I was still living on the west side back then.
Old 06-07-15, 05:46 AM
lifethinkr
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm 40 and I guess I'm still full of **** and vinegar. I race pretty much anything. But that;'s because very few people try to race me in the F at all. I never initiate the race. I've walked on modded GTO's, q50s, cobras, and even a Can AM spyder. haha
Old 06-25-15, 12:07 AM
NoFsport
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I only race legit competition lol only Hondas that have seen my F rear badge have been 2 s2000's and one NSX. I did see a two way roll race with a evo and a 3 models ago saleen? (What ever there's so many different kinds). It was a 3 lane hwy so why not! The look on the evos face when I caught up hahaha , I was in granny mode and AC full blast! He was doing like 40 in a 65 to avoid me after.
Old 06-25-15, 01:21 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I will run against anything that wants to play. I ran against a new Lambo Hurracan a few months ago leaving a car show. We did a little cat and mouse and although it was faster, it wasn't nearly as fast as I thought it would be. My passenger was like, "DAMN !! THE F IS FAST !!"
Old 06-25-15, 02:56 PM
ForzaF
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Looks like another Isf/sienna club member lol

I'm gonna have to do a photo shoot with mine in the drive way . I know 2 other family guys with this combo and they know who they are lol

My wife regrets the van now since I've been able to go out and get a lot of big parts with this thing like full cat-backs and wheels and tires , hoods. Boy what was I thinking not wanting to buy the Van lol. It's not just family transportation these days but for your parts and logistics lol
Old 06-25-15, 05:39 PM
semnosNSX
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by NoFsport
I only race legit competition lol only Hondas that have seen my F rear badge have been 2 s2000's and one NSX. I did see a two way roll race with a evo and a 3 models ago saleen? (What ever there's so many different kinds). It was a 3 lane hwy so why not! The look on the evos face when I caught up hahaha , I was in granny mode and AC full blast! He was doing like 40 in a 65 to avoid me after.
I don't know if I would boast about beating an S2000 or an NSX. Unless they are heavily modded (aka boosted), the ISF shouldn't have a difficult time pulling away from one in a drag race. Now, on a race track, well that's a different story...
Old 06-25-15, 06:02 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,848 Likes on 2,333 Posts

Originally Posted by semnosNSX
I don't know if I would boast about beating an S2000 or an NSX. Unless they are heavily modded (aka boosted), the ISF shouldn't have a difficult time pulling away from one in a drag race. Now, on a road course well that's a different story...
Corrected for truth. Never forget, a drag strip is a race track. Many people think this is what you mean when you say you track your car. And you are assuming a lot. I saw a Panoz spin out in front of me at CMP because the driver was pretty green. I was lapping him easily in my F. It's the nut behind the wheel, not the car.

Quick Reply: This is rather annoying......(street challenges)