IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

This is rather annoying......(street challenges)

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-15, 08:17 PM
Jangco
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

last week when my wife and i bought the F. her first night driving it back home an e92 m3 paced her and high beamed her for a good 15 minutes to try and get her to race. 10 minutes later, an evox did the same thing for a good 5 minutes. she just ignored both of them especially since she isn't comfortable with the car yet.
Old 04-08-15, 11:21 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Jangco
last week when my wife and i bought the F. her first night driving it back home an e92 m3 paced her and high beamed her for a good 15 minutes to try and get her to race. 10 minutes later, an evox did the same thing for a good 5 minutes. she just ignored both of them especially since she isn't comfortable with the car yet.
Good for her to not get drawn into it. It becomes more of a hazard when idiots want to high beam, especially when the car becomes lowered. That beam pattern really becomes a nuisance and there really isn't much to combat it. Some flicker the beam, while others leave it on to annoy the hell out of me. But when I have some females in the car, they proceed to stick their compact mirror out the window, aim, and reflect the light back onto the idiots driving. Drivers proceed to give us our space and quit with the high beaming at that point.

Congrats on you and your wife's F! Wishing you guys a pleasant ownership experience and hopefully idiotic behavior dies out in the process.
Old 04-08-15, 11:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
Good for her to not get drawn into it. It becomes more of a hazard when idiots want to high beam, especially when the car becomes lowered. That beam pattern really becomes a nuisance and there really isn't much to combat it. Some flicker the beam, while others leave it on to annoy the hell out of me. But when I have some females in the car, they proceed to stick their compact mirror out the window, aim, and reflect the light back onto the idiots driving. Drivers proceed to give us our space and quit with the high beaming at that point.

Congrats on you and your wife's F! Wishing you guys a pleasant ownership experience and hopefully idiotic behavior dies out in the process.
that's a good idea. maybe i should keep a mirror in my car just for that!
Old 04-08-15, 11:37 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I wish someone would roll up. Nobody even tries .
Old 04-08-15, 11:58 PM
RichFlair
Pole Position

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I wish someone would roll up. Nobody even tries .
Same here. I think I had one e36 m3 try to race me but he wouldn't let me catch up. He wanted to cut through cars like an idiot. Can't stand people like that.
Old 04-09-15, 03:43 AM
Jangco
Driver School Candidate

Thanks. I'll definitely tell her about that compact trick. lol
Old 04-09-15, 06:20 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The fact of the matter is, I respect each car on the road. Stock or modded, it's more about ego to those who want to take me down, and when they get butthurt that they don't see me accept a challenge, they just leave me alone.
This. I respect each and every car out there. I usually have a mix of people:
  • Last year i was out in long island hooning around with my friend, and an RSX starts revving next to me, i didn't even bother looking over.
  • Another instance, an SRT-4 wanted to run. We went, I put bus lengths on him. He kept wanting to go, I said chill out and went on my way.
  • Ran an S8 on the way home from Canada, we smiled and gave thumbs up
  • Ran two C63's, gave thumbs up
  • Just last month I took the car out to fill air in the tires and some guy pulled up asking "is that an actual ISF or an F-sport? I smiled and said it was the F. He said "nice car!" and drove off.

I usually get a mix of people, you just gotta handle it diplomatically. I know my limits, sometimes its fun just to hoon around even with cars that are faster.
Old 04-09-15, 06:38 AM
Frank1298
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have owned my car going on 2 yrs I have only had a few cars try to run me and most most we all know how that ends up. I have only had maybe 2 people ask me about my car I guess either most people don't know or just simply don't care. Either way I'm going to enjoy the sound of my muffler delete with smile on my face
Old 04-09-15, 07:05 AM
zen
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

no attention, maybe because I commute 3-4 miles daily. I also noticed a lot of ppl doesn't know what's ISF, when they see an ISF, they think it's a ISX50 besides I usually see maserati, gtr,m3, r8 etc. on the road or in a mall.
I had a kid with wrx wanted to race me on highway going 70mph, but I ignored it since the wife and kids are in the car.
Old 04-09-15, 07:06 AM
EpikOEM
Rookie

Originally Posted by Frank1298
I have owned my car going on 2 yrs I have only had a few cars try to run me and most most we all know how that ends up. I have only had maybe 2 people ask me about my car I guess either most people don't know or just simply don't care. Either way I'm going to enjoy the sound of my muffler delete with smile on my face
I hear you there. I hardly ever see any other ISF's around. What side of Houston are you on? I'm in the NW side and again, hardly anyone really messes with me.
Old 04-09-15, 07:15 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

what the heck are you guys doing to get this kinda response from people? Ive never had anyone tried to race me in the ISF.. All I ever get are thumbs ups and complements from people saying it sounds amazing.

the only time anyone ever tried to race me was in my SC (1.5jz, Wide body, Full cage, Deep dish wheels ETC) and as soon as I put the car on the 2 step the other guy went to ignoring me acting like I was never there.
Old 04-09-15, 07:22 AM
subiepunk
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Coming from an sti where all the civics always wanted to race, people don't even think anything of my Lexus now.
Old 04-09-15, 10:08 AM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

of course after saying i hardly get any attention, a guy in a modded E63 (probably 08' or 09') tails me in a residential and as i slow down to make a right, he pulls up next to me and starts revving hard. in a residential! idiot. no thanks.
Old 04-09-15, 10:27 AM
Frank1298
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live in the NE side of town off the beltway

Originally Posted by EpikOEM
I hear you there. I hardly ever see any other ISF's around. What side of Houston are you on? I'm in the NW side and again, hardly anyone really messes with me.
Old 04-09-15, 01:55 PM
Boma
Lead Lap

Last week my fiancée and I pulled up to a drive thru Starbucks. She was driving. The male barista (baristo?) making our coffees said quote "why drive a sports car, or a wannabe sports car, with an automatic transmission? See that car over there?" He points to an E36 M3 that has seen better days, it was dirty and had a neglected look to it. "That's a real sports car!" I responded saying my automatic wannabe sports car will still beat that "real sports car." Then as if to prove something he replied "you sure? Cuz it isn't stock!" and I told him "mine isn't either!" Once we got our drinks my fiancée pulls out onto the main road and stepped on it, letting the Joe Z exhaust note bellowing in our wake. I would have told him too that my wannabe sports car spends more time on the road than the shop but I didn't want to hurt his feelings.

Quick Reply: This is rather annoying......(street challenges)