IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

This is rather annoying......(street challenges)

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-15, 11:30 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

idoke1, all I can say is, "welcome to the ISF club".
My car also gets a lot of the same attention, good and bad.

Last Friday night, encountered an SS Camaro. Dude rolls up at the light, compliments the car, asks what's modded, and wants to run. Seemed like a nice guy; not douchey looking or a punk kid. Just a car guy. I don't reciprocate the compliment (I don't like Camaros), but I ask him what he's done. Exhaust, cam, headers, tune. I'm immediately thinking, "damn, this could be a good race." Light goes green, I hook, he doesn't, and I walk him by 5+ car lengths. Keep in mind, I had one of my best friends in the car (+210lbs) and all the windows down. This was a good/fun example.

Bad example: following Monday, headed back to the office from lunch, and another Camaro rolls up on me hard. Look over at the light, and it's some punk *** kid (like 18-19, just out of high school). Again, compliments the car and wants to run. I ask him what he's got. It's a damn stock RS. He asks me, I tell him the stock numbers (his face changes). I then tell him my mods and approximately numbers (his face changes again). I inform him of the SS race a couple days prior (faces changes again). But, he's full of **** and vinegar, still wants to go. So, I put 10+ lengths on him in short time, and he stays away at that point.

You're gonna get all sides. Just be prepared and know your limits. A Tesla P85D wanted to race me. I laughed and told the guy "hell no; i already know how fast that car is".
Old 04-08-15, 11:33 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by justind27
i love completely disappointing honda/ricer kids by smashing on their life savings..
hahaha, sadness.

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 04-08-15, 11:48 AM
jat0223
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I think I find more annoying the third generation f sport drivers that think that their car is the newer and faster version of ours. They actually look down on you till you show them what they're dealing with.
Old 04-08-15, 12:00 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Annoying, yes, but even more so is the public still correlating the F-sport with the F performance line. I, too, have had those "compliments", only to be suckered into a menial street race. Those that know me know that I don't care whether the kid next to me has a stock looking Honda or a powerful Panamera Turbo- I just don't cave in. I have dummies who've tried to spit on my car while they're driving (and miss, leaving a nice saliva content on their B pillar or window), idiots who've continually honked their horns to get my attention just for a lackluster light to light race, scary punks who actually tail me and follow me into gas stations and wait for me to fill up and egg me on then....the list goes on. I'm not an old fart, but I'm not young either. Having owned the car outright since my early 20s, I know that I will have more to lose than these guys with their "life savings." If I want a speed rush, I take it to the track (my favorite still being the corkscrew at Laguna Seca) or a really desolate road where I can unleash her and probably capture some nice pics and videos in the process.

The fact of the matter is, I respect each car on the road. Stock or modded, it's more about ego to those who want to take me down, and when they get butthurt that they don't see me accept a challenge, they just leave me alone.

But on the flipside, I've received numerous hugs from ladies saying how hot my car is and asking for rides when their boyfriends ride in progress project cars that looks worse for wear than stock form, guys and gals of all ages asking for pictures and inquiring about numbers, and my all time favorite....a girl left her number on my windshield after dinner, and my gf got to it before I did. Talk about unleashing after- that's my rush
Old 04-08-15, 12:11 PM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't really get much attention in my F which is what i prefer
Old 04-08-15, 12:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

hahaha and i don't see why you should care one bit, people think what they want. if you talk about attention (good and bad) imagine me in my nsx. no fun

and on f vs f sport? blame that on lexus. seriously, they messed / mixed it up well. but the "good" thing is they wheeled bmw into the game now too
Old 04-08-15, 12:25 PM
Drok149
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jat0223
I think I find more annoying the third generation f sport drivers that think that their car is the newer and faster version of ours. They actually look down on you till you show them what they're dealing with.
I have a guy that lives on my street with a third generation f sport and he has that exact look and attitude. Definitely annoying. I'm surprised at how much of a sleeper the F really is.
Old 04-08-15, 12:58 PM
EpikOEM
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have only gotten a little attention here and there. I like the fact that nobody knows what my car "really is" and assumes it is another F-Sport. Lol!....I have had a few run-ins with idiots that drive domestics and imports. I usually leave it alone. You can't fix stupid sometimes. Good luck out there and stay safe.
Old 04-08-15, 01:10 PM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If my car didn't have headers and exhaust I would never get a 2nd look. Only a few people have ever asked me to roll window down at a red light and they always just ask me why my Lexus sounds like a race car.
Old 04-08-15, 01:42 PM
viperdoc
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Now that I have three young kids, I missed the window to own an ISF (unless it becomes a third car), but it was my dream car for many years. But one thing I always appreciated was who drove them. I have seen quite a few over the years, and talked to many of the owners when I had the opportunity. It was obvious that there was never a need to showboat, as the car spoke for itself. The young kids who mistake the F for an F sport....just sad. Kudos to all of you who restrain yourselves from shutting some kid up who mouths off while driving his $21K camaro
Old 04-08-15, 02:40 PM
JDMV8
Instructor

Received 187 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by jat0223
I hope they realize that a first year 2IS shares the same engine as their cars...and can beat them!
Old 04-08-15, 06:42 PM
ISFLexy
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

I had way more people wanting to race me in the IS350 than now with the ISF.....go figure, maybe because the 350 was slammed so it looked more "racey" to them? But yea, I haven't had one challenge yet!
Old 04-08-15, 07:03 PM
Pie
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

never had that problem people trying to race me. People never tried when I had a genesis coupe either.
Old 04-08-15, 07:07 PM
dcguy
Pit Crew

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Haven't had much challenges either, in my 250 with a 2" drop ricers would always want to race, never tried, car is crazy slow and I knew it. Let them have their glory. But in the f... gotten compliments and second looks, but no one really wanting to poke the bear. I'll go for it as long as it's safe (hardly ever) and well aware of my surroundings. Bmw 335i wanted to throw down in an active school zone the other day smh.
Old 04-08-15, 07:48 PM
nonstopz30
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you just have to disregard about those ppl who just dont know and are not informed about the cars we drive. IMO, what annoy me the most is lexus putting an "F sport" line. i really think it waters down the REAL F sports cars we drive and ppl that dont know the difference think when then see an F badge.

as for the little honda boys, it happens to me alot also. the reving and peeling out lol its funny to me cus we already we blasts those kids out of the water. kids will be kids let them be kids weve all been there lol

i get s few ppl on occasion that know what im driving and gives me thumbs up.

just comes with the territory gptta get used to it =]

i run cars that i actually want to see how it fairs with the F. c63 amg , gtr ect its really fun when you run into those cars and they want to see what the F is about.

Quick Reply: This is rather annoying......(street challenges)