Swift Springs
H&R Spacers: 15mm Front, 20mm Rear
That looks really good!
Old 05-07-15, 12:19 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by justinco
I wouldn't worry about it too much, unless you are running R compound race tires at the track. Even then, I wouldn't worry about it I run 12mm spacers, as do many other racers/autocrossers, on my track car. They are fine.
Thanks for posting this buddy. That was my big question. I am very curious. The offset of my wheels is the only thing visually that I do not like about the ISF. I had 22" Vossens on my LS460 and they filled the fender so well . The wheel came right to the edge of the fender like its supposed to. lol Need to decide wether to mess with after market wheels or try spacers. I know some guys will think its stupid, but the wheels on the ISF , to me, make it look like an ISF. When you swap them the cars look more like ISX50's and I hate that. Call me a Lexus snob but when you come from an LS460 flagship vehicle on 22's you dont want anyone thinking you drive a regular IS after. LOL my neighbors probably think the practice isnt doing well
Old 05-26-15, 06:58 AM
Vervish
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by xianxian
I need a DIY... lol
I completed this last weekend.

It was pretty straight forward:

1 - Remove wheels
Watch this video for steps 2-4 :
2 - Remove brake pads - I did it for the first time and it was super easy.
3 - Unbolt brake calipers (2 bolts)
4 - Remove rotor
5 - Press out studs (use this http://www.harborfreight.com/3-4-qua...tor-99849.html) - this works for the front and rear.
6 - Install new studs - I used the press for the front but there was not enough room to press in the rears so I reluctantly used this washer technique http://knowhow.napaonline.com/how-to...ken-wheel-stud. - It works, but an impact wrench is almost required. I used a $65 electric impact wrench that I got at Autozone - worked fine

Tips (mostly for the rear):

- You need to get both rear wheels off the ground and the car in neutral BEFORE you remove the rear brake pads. I tried to do it after the brake pads were off and I tore a brake seal when I hit the brakes to start the car and place it in neutral.
- Because of the E-brake drum, the rear will need a little bit of maneuvering to get the rotors off. Be patient and use a rubber mallet.
- There is very little room to get the old studs out and the new ones in the rear. Go slow and you will find a spot that works for removing and installing the new studs.
- remember to lube up the brake parts when you reinstall everything.
Old 04-29-16, 02:18 PM
FormulaF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, fairly new to the forums here, I've been going through thread after thread of Tein Htech lowering springs and these Swift ones and I wanted to know if you guys had a preference.

Why some people prefer the Swifts vs. the Teins.

Any information would help

thanks!