IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Someone stole my F ing wheels!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-15, 05:06 PM
roswell
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Then big chances the thief had a spare key to ur lugs or knew what kind of key needed to remove them, and knew what he was looking for in ur car ... Just saying.

Still a bad luck!
Old 03-19-15, 05:08 PM
jleonard71
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by speeddem0n
No, easier to be caught stealing and driving a stolen car and of course a bigger crime than just taking the wheels.
True, that car would've been very easy to spot at that hour with virtually no other cars on the road in this area.
Old 03-19-15, 05:19 PM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Dam!...I don't know what more you could have done to prevent this.

Sounds like you had taken all the right steps to prevent this sort of thing.

Those rims are like a once in a lifetime purchase, and you know you will never get insurance coverage for full value back.

Hope you work out something for the next set......settling on some Ray's TE37's is about the same as half value....so I guess that is the bright side of things.

Digger08
Old 03-19-15, 06:55 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

What part of AZ are you in? I'm over in Surprise, I will keep an eye out for the wheels. Not common wheels for sure, and they only would fit cars with weak offsets lol - such as a g37 sedan? Sucks to hear it man, I hope you find em! And yes, AZ cops won't do anything - literally even if you hand them the person lol. I caught a guy scoping out my house one day, I physically confronted him, made him hang out until the police came and took his info and snapped some pics of him (in case something went missing later), and the VERY SAME NIGHT my patio furniture went missing....so I called them and told them to go check the guys house, and they said they can't because they have no proof it was him unless it was visible from the street lol, they wouldn't even go question him at all. Such a joke!
Old 03-19-15, 07:34 PM
jleonard71
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RedlineAZ
What part of AZ are you in? I'm over in Surprise, I will keep an eye out for the wheels. Not common wheels for sure, and they only would fit cars with weak offsets lol - such as a g37 sedan? Sucks to hear it man, I hope you find em! And yes, AZ cops won't do anything - literally even if you hand them the person lol. I caught a guy scoping out my house one day, I physically confronted him, made him hang out until the police came and took his info and snapped some pics of him (in case something went missing later), and the VERY SAME NIGHT my patio furniture went missing....so I called them and told them to go check the guys house, and they said they can't because they have no proof it was him unless it was visible from the street lol, they wouldn't even go question him at all. Such a joke!
Wow that's nuts!! I'm in Chandler, but who knows they could eventually make it over to the west side before someone puts them on their car. I think the previous owner lives in North Phoenix, so if it was him maybe you will see them around you. I just found out he has a new ISF because he posted an Instagram pic of it a while back, so maybe he did take them to put on his new F.

Last edited by jleonard71; 03-19-15 at 07:38 PM.
Old 03-19-15, 07:42 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I don't know what's up with all of the hate on the first page. Sorry to hear about your scary event and loss of property. You took some necessary steps to prevent this. That's crazy that the police aren't being proactive in this case. Good luck
Old 03-19-15, 08:27 PM
speeddem0n
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jleonard71
Wow that's nuts!! I'm in Chandler, but who knows they could eventually make it over to the west side before someone puts them on their car. I think the previous owner lives in North Phoenix, so if it was him maybe you will see them around you. I just found out he has a new ISF because he posted an Instagram pic of it a while back, so maybe he did take them to put on his new F.
Aha.. and the plot thickens.
Old 03-19-15, 08:54 PM
jleonard71
Intermediate

Originally Posted by speeddem0n
Aha.. and the plot thickens.
Well, maybe not. I just found his Facebook page, which took me a while because he's using a different name on his page, and he posted the pic there too in Jan 2013 with the comment "Oh how I miss my baby". So either he was referring to the car that I now own which got repo'd back in 2010, or maybe he got a new one and was just out of town or something and that's why he was missing it. The car in the pic is bone stock, but it's the same year and color so it could have just been from before he did the mods to it (wheels, blacked out tail lights & headlights). Or maybe he liked it so much he bought the exact same car again. Who knows.

Last edited by vbb; 03-20-15 at 05:57 AM.
Old 03-19-15, 10:06 PM
D3V3LOP3R
Driver

That blows man. I'll for sure keep an eye out for you...not something you see every day.
Old 03-19-15, 11:07 PM
speeddem0n
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by jleonard71
Well, maybe not. I just found his Facebook page, which took me a while because he's using a different name on his page, and he posted the pic there too in Jan 2013 with the comment "Oh how I miss my baby". So either he was referring to the car that I now own which got repo'd back in 2010, or maybe he got a new one and was just out of town or something and that's why he was missing it. The car in the pic is bone stock, but it's the same year and color so it could have just been from before he did the mods to it (wheels, blacked out tail lights & headlights). Or maybe he liked it so much he bought the exact same car again. Who knows.
Yea probably an old pic. So maybe he didnt get another F, I dont see how he could get approved for another anyways with this record and repo. Still doesnt mean he didnt come for those wheels that he paid (or didnt pay) so much for.

Last edited by vbb; 03-20-15 at 05:57 AM.
Old 03-19-15, 11:42 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Now use 35% of that money toward a nice set of BC Forged Monoblock! They are cutting my set right now, Will be done by the end of the month, 4-6 weeks. They are very nice looking and are JWL and VIA certified so durability is expected.
Old 03-20-15, 05:14 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

Crazy story man, glad you and your family are ok. We have a tag camera at our gate that takes photos of all the tags that enter our gate. Might want to suggest to your HOA in investing into one....possibly bring up the incident with the HOA to see if anyone else saw something that night? Motion cameras mounted outside your house would be my next investment. I had a set of HRE's on one of my cars...man, if someone had lifted those I'd be sick, but not worth your life regardless. The cops should have treated it as an armed robbery IMO.
Old 03-20-15, 05:56 AM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

First off, I'm very sorry to hear about the gun in your face, even moreso than the lost wheels. The fact that they presented a gun in the course of the theft takes what would have been a grand larceny all the way up to a robbery with the use of a firearm (at least it would here, not sure about AZ). That is a MUCH more serious offense, and honestly that is something I would think would get the police a little more interested. Normally when someone gets car parts stolen, it's a low to no priority item on the detective bureau, there's just too much other stuff to worry about. But when the firearm was used, that makes it a violent crime.

Secondly, to all of the people posting information about the former owner and suggesting he may be the culprit... stop. This is neither the time or place to post pics of a guy who most likely had absolutely nothing to do with this, and insinuate that he is a thief. Is his horrible with money? Yes. Spending $15K on a wheels, outside of an exotic, is silly to begin with, and then to do that when you're not even making your car payments is extremely irresponsible, but that's the only thing he's "guilty" of that I can see. I've removed the pics posted of the former owner.

No question this was a well planned job. Someone knew the worth of those wheels which is why they went to those lengths. Any number of people could have known about those wheels... you never know who the former owner talked to. They probably knew the car had been repo'd, and then knew the car had been purchased. The issue is that the wheels are so unique, they're going to be really hard to sell, at least anywhere local to you. If they were smart enough to plan out the whole thing, I'm going to guess they're smart enough not to sell them in AZ... though we can only hope they're not that smart. Good luck to you!
Old 03-20-15, 06:23 AM
Quadrphnia
Advanced

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

Well, this was definitely 100% pointed & planned, and you were stalked. I'm talking documenting schedules here. Really sorry this happened to you.

No matter what the price or property, you're entitled to own it and not have it fking jacked from you. I had a burglary about a year ago. Same situation: I was stalked, my schedule was documented, and the guys robbed me blind without a single witness. I'm in a 1st floor condo in the middle of my complex.

Cops were useless. I mean really completely useless. I did all the investigating myself and in the end, after more stalking and death threats, I won. Risked my life and bent the law, but I'm wired for vengeance. These incidents change everything forever. I'm never home anymore, I travel with a bag with me everywhere. I now have my condo custom wired tighter than the white house - but there's nothing there anymore to protect.

Definitely raise hell with the association like someone mentioned previously in the thread. Tell anyone who will listen. Post signs. Raise hell. Good luck and remember these types - even if they were hired - often return to collect on your insurance gains.
Old 03-20-15, 07:14 AM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts

I am terrible sorry for you. I too had been a victim, but instead of rims being stolen, it was my whole vehicle. I had surveillance and caught those theifs on camera. Gaved the cops a copy of it and never heard from them. I did recieve my car back and a $400 tow fee. It was fully stripped down to only the chassis. During that time, i was a freshman in college. It was so hard for me to get a ride the next 6 months. From watching the surveillance, it was a group of young (probably in their teens ages 14-17) thieves. 2 onlookers which i could not identify them because they were in their cars. They manage to get in and out in 10 mins and drove it off. Even to this day, i still get boiling hot rage thoughts when thinking about it......

Quick Reply: Someone stole my F ing wheels!!