IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Paddle Shifters - Carbon version not working?!

Old 03-17-15, 11:57 AM
SuprFleaJQ
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I was curious enough to test mine out to see if they actually work... and they DON'T!

Since I preferred the stock shifters anyway, I never did test them. But I can now confirm mine don't work either!! I re-installed the stock ones and they work perfectly (sorry, not going to disassemble my stock ones just to test, since I wasn't planning on using the CF ones anyway...). I can't even sell them knowing they don't work

Khoa - I wonder what we can do about this... This makes at least 2 cases where the CF paddles don't work. I hope others won't be affected by this either.
Old 03-17-15, 12:35 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SuprFleaJQ
Ok, I was curious enough to test mine out to see if they actually work... and they DON'T!

Since I preferred the stock shifters anyway, I never did test them. But I can now confirm mine don't work either!! I re-installed the stock ones and they work perfectly (sorry, not going to disassemble my stock ones just to test, since I wasn't planning on using the CF ones anyway...). I can't even sell them knowing they don't work

Khoa - I wonder what we can do about this... This makes at least 2 cases where the CF paddles don't work. I hope others won't be affected by this either.
Even with your stock electronic and just swap out the paddles? I can email the seller on both of your cases. I'm going to ship interior trim pieces to get them done by the end of the week or so.
Old 03-17-15, 12:52 PM
roswell
Pole Position

Oh oh, maybe I should cancel mine? Lol
Old 03-17-15, 01:53 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by roswell
Oh oh, maybe I should cancel mine? Lol
I seriously think this is really strange. I have seen other makers' carbon shifters and they wroked. the paddles themselves shouldn't have any electronic in them, all they can do is act as a switch. I'll have to test them out now. There is no different in electronic parts between a regular isX50 or ISF, correct me if I'm wrong. The different are in the sizes and shape of the paddles.
Old 03-17-15, 01:57 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by SuprFleaJQ

Damn!

Was kind of hoping it was just my set that were faulty!

I'm quietly confident no set of these carbon shifters will work properly on the IS-F.

There must be some conductivity with the magnesium paddles that you don't get with the carbon skinned versions?

Such a shame.

Love how they look.

Will wait to hear back from you Khoa on what the seller suggests.

Cheers guys.
Old 03-17-15, 02:00 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MK4Sup_isF
I seriously think this is really strange. I have seen other makers' carbon shifters and they wroked. the paddles themselves shouldn't have any electronic in them, all they can do is act as a switch. I'll have to test them out now. There is no different in electronic parts between a regular isX50 or ISF, correct me if I'm wrong. The different are in the sizes and shape of the paddles.
I honestly think there must be something else that's different between the isX50 versions, and the IS-F ones Khoa.

Don't see what else I can try that I haven't done already?!
Old 03-17-15, 02:01 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Of course , there are different paddle shifters from ISX50 to ISF shifters.
Old 03-17-15, 02:45 PM
SuprFleaJQ
Driver

Originally Posted by MK4Sup_isF
Even with your stock electronic and just swap out the paddles? I can email the seller on both of your cases. I'm going to ship interior trim pieces to get them done by the end of the week or so.
Since I didn't have an intent to use them, I just did a quick swap in/out of the complete assembly to test them - I didn't want to disassemble the stock electronics/paddles (nor should have to really do that anyway...)
Old 03-17-15, 03:01 PM
roswell
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PDP180180
I honestly think there must be something else that's different between the isX50 versions, and the IS-F ones Khoa.

Don't see what else I can try that I haven't done already?!
It would be interesting to see if the CF paddles would work with oem connections.
Old 03-17-15, 03:28 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

It would be interesting to see if the CF paddles would work with oem connections.
They don't chap?

That's what I have installed on my car right now.
Old 03-17-15, 03:32 PM
roswell
Pole Position

Oups I mistyped .. I meant it would be nice to see if the oem paddles would work w/the aftermarket connections lol
Old 03-17-15, 03:50 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Oups I mistyped .. I meant it would be nice to see if the oem paddles would work w/the aftermarket connections lol
Gotcha!

I'll give that a go to see if my OEM paddles work with the carbon versions electronics.

If so, it proves the issue lies with the carbon paddles.

Will report back with my findings.
Old 03-17-15, 03:55 PM
roswell
Pole Position

^^ awesome!! Yup that will pin point the problem to the CF paddles!!
Old 03-17-15, 05:11 PM
roswell
Pole Position

This ebay link shows difference between ISF & IS350 paddles

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBa...=1426637270905
Old 03-17-15, 08:52 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

This ebay link shows difference between ISF & IS350 paddles

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBa...=1426637270905
Originally Posted by PDP180180
Gotcha!

I'll give that a go to see if my OEM paddles work with the carbon versions electronics.

If so, it proves the issue lies with the carbon paddles.

Will report back with my findings.
^^ awesome!! Yup that will pin point the problem to the CF paddles!!
Seller stated that he had sold quite a few for ISF that is not on this board and they did not complain. He asked if we used the existing connector wires from our own paddles to hook up to this? This is only carbon overlay. I believe the existing stock paddles are still underneath. He stated that the actual connectors part numbers are the same between isf and isX50

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Paddle Shifters - Carbon version not working?!