IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Whats After I/H/E? Ark Throttle Controller!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-15, 03:15 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

No problem! Let me know how you like em, post pics on the thread of where you install it :P

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 03-16-15, 07:56 PM
Nixcision
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

looks sweet!
Any idea if this'll work on an is250? I want one just for looks tbh haha. I can't seem to find another throttle controller that looks as nice as this one for the is250
Old 03-18-15, 06:58 AM
BLKLBL
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by joshhleee

Normal Mode: 5% throttle in is 5% throttle out.
I'm curious as to what effect the "kickdown switch" has on the % of throttle.. think you could get a reading in normal mode on throttle % at full pedal (with switch not depressed) and then at full pedal with switch depresssed?
I'm mainly curious to know if this kickdown switch actually needs to be pressed in order to get WOT, or if its used only for kickdown shifts
Old 03-18-15, 11:31 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

^ very good idea, I never thought of that, I did do 100% kick down in sport mode and got 100% in and a100% out. I will try 100% in at normal!

Orange County, CA
Old 03-18-15, 12:10 PM
BLKLBL
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for trying this for me. I'm interested in knowing how much throttle is missed when the kick down switch is not pressed.
Old 03-26-15, 06:54 PM
Justind27
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Got the throttle controleler installed in about 30 mins today, I put it in the same spot you did I just removed the ashtray since I don't smoke, it fits snugly between the gap and wiring fits between a slot in the housing. I removed the triangular grey side trim pieces, removed the shift ****, pulled up on the shifter housing cover (unplug wires) then remove 2 screws on the ashtray housing, next remove the underdash panel, run the wire going to the accelerator pedal by stuffing it up between the carpet and center console, while you're doing this if you pull the carpet out a little bit there is a 10mm bolt on the driver side of the tunnel that is a ground point bolt the ground from the relay box to this and tuck the carpet back up, there is a cig lighter type hook up you can use but I opted to splice it to the 12v accessory plug next to the aux jack in the center console since I've yet to use it. I'm looking through my 08 wiring manual to see if I can figure out which wire to tap the reverse wire to on the shifter housing but it is not 100% necessary even in sport mode. The relay box and residual wiring can be ziptied and stowed just behind the shifter and in front of the hvac duct. At this point you can reassemble the center console and program the atcc per the ark directions (I have a hard copy and email copy of English for those of you who don't read jdm) Overall, I dig the atcc it just give you complete control over how the gas pedal operates (Eco mode is like hitting snow on the sport/snow button) but there are 5 modes total (2 of which are custom setups that can be programmed in which I haven't tried yet). I'd like to thank Josh for the hook up and spiking my interest in this fine product and Steven @ Modinjapan for the hook up as well, fast shipping and great service!
Old 03-26-15, 08:26 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by Justind27
Got the throttle controleler installed in about 30 mins today, I put it in the same spot you did I just removed the ashtray since I don't smoke, it fits snugly between the gap and wiring fits between a slot in the housing. I removed the triangular grey side trim pieces, removed the shift ****, pulled up on the shifter housing cover (unplug wires) then remove 2 screws on the ashtray housing, next remove the underdash panel, run the wire going to the accelerator pedal by stuffing it up between the carpet and center console, while you're doing this if you pull the carpet out a little bit there is a 10mm bolt on the driver side of the tunnel that is a ground point bolt the ground from the relay box to this and tuck the carpet back up, there is a cig lighter type hook up you can use but I opted to splice it to the 12v accessory plug next to the aux jack in the center console since I've yet to use it. I'm looking through my 08 wiring manual to see if I can figure out which wire to tap the reverse wire to on the shifter housing but it is not 100% necessary even in sport mode. The relay box and residual wiring can be ziptied and stowed just behind the shifter and in front of the hvac duct. At this point you can reassemble the center console and program the atcc per the ark directions (I have a hard copy and email copy of English for those of you who don't read jdm) Overall, I dig the atcc it just give you complete control over how the gas pedal operates (Eco mode is like hitting snow on the sport/snow button) but there are 5 modes total (2 of which are custom setups that can be programmed in which I haven't tried yet). I'd like to thank Josh for the hook up and spiking my interest in this fine product and Steven @ Modinjapan for the hook up as well, fast shipping and great service!
Could've been a little easier for installation! Or not sure how you did it but post some pictures here, I'm glad you like it!

Orange County, CA
Old 03-26-15, 11:49 PM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Justind27
Yeah!!! Make sure you put that bad boy on full blast and sport mode, its super fun!
Old 03-27-15, 03:29 AM
Justind27
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

I'll take some today, it was a very straight through install especially coming from a guy who doesn't like electronics..