IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Whats After I/H/E? Ark Throttle Controller!

Old 03-14-15, 04:46 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 666 Likes on 589 Posts
Default Whats After I/H/E? Ark Throttle Controller!

Once again I got bored of my car and felt that it wasn't quick enough so I talked to my friend Steven from ModinJapan and we ended up installing the Ark Throttle Controller. I knew about the Toms and Apexi Throttle Controller but saw that no one had this one and thought why not give it a try, I mean it is MADE IN JAPAN! I was kind of iffy about the product at first but after driving with it, I guarantee you guys will end up buying it too.. Install is very simple, took 15 minutes max if you know what you're doing. I like this module better then Apexi's because it has a very neat gauge that makes the interior look more modern and more sport orientated, pretty OEM in my opinion too. There are four modes, Normal, Eco, and Sport & memory modes. Eco mode will definitely help save gas and sport mode is WOW!! The car is a lot more responsive now.. Whatever degree I push the gas pedal my car takes off! Second gear my tires are still spinning muahha. Take my word on this.. Worth it!! Ask Steve from ModinJapan for the Josh Lee ISF discount

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886

Last edited by Meraki Autoworks; 03-14-15 at 05:43 PM.
Old 03-14-15, 04:50 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Normal Mode.. Product looks pretty integrated and OEM. Can locate it anywhere you want.. At no throttle the % in is 0 and the % out is 0.

Normal Mode: 5% throttle in is 5% throttle out.

Eco Mode: 8% throttle pushed gives the car responding with 5% throttle. Therefore a lighter pedal = more MPG!

Sport Mode: 8% throttle in, the car responds with 12% throttle = VROOOOOM!

Product looks oem and blends in pretty well!

If you guys need any information about this.. Feel free to ask here or PM me!

Orange County, CA
Old 03-14-15, 05:01 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

At night, product off.

At night, product has the ability to control brightness.

Orange County, CA
Old 03-14-15, 05:57 PM
Justind27
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Radness! Josh can u forward that deal?!
Old 03-15-15, 05:46 PM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't understand how anyone benefits from this. From a performance perspective, if I used this on a track where I'm supposed to control the gas coming out of a corner to help control the car, This will do the complete opposite. I could just see it now, I'd be losing the rear end more so with this. If I want full throttle fast, why wouldn't I just push the gas faster. A complete waste of money.
Old 03-15-15, 06:14 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Compthis
I can't understand how anyone benefits from this. From a performance perspective, if I used this on a track where I'm supposed to control the gas coming out of a corner to help control the car, This will do the complete opposite. I could just see it now, I'd be losing the rear end more so with this. If I want full throttle fast, why wouldn't I just push the gas faster. A complete waste of money.
although i know what you are trying to say, simply pressing the gas down further to feel the same amount of throttle response wont give you the same feeling that the car "feels" better. its the same the ISF coming with normal mode and the sport button. it gives you the "feel" of the car being more responsive/torquier.

i like this mod because for people who feel like their car is slow until they hit wide open throttle, this will keep you happy .
Old 03-15-15, 06:16 PM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts

Well, you could go 125 shot nitrous
Old 03-15-15, 07:03 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by Compthis
takes time to push the throttle down more, you'll adapt to the throttle once in sport and sport with the throttle controller. Might be a nick of a second but still, for the price its a fun little toy that makes the car more fun & improves gas when in eco mode. Anyone with this mod wouldn't say its a waste of money. You should try it and then criticize it, if you don't like it, sell it back on the forums lol.

Orange County, CA
Old 03-15-15, 07:04 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
although i know what you are trying to say, simply pressing the gas down further to feel the same amount of throttle response wont give you the same feeling that the car "feels" better. its the same the ISF coming with normal mode and the sport button. it gives you the "feel" of the car being more responsive/torquier.

i like this mod because for people who feel like their car is slow until they hit wide open throttle, this will keep you happy .
haha yes exactly!

Originally Posted by idoke1
Well, you could go 125 shot nitrous
Phase 3 for me ! haha

Orange County, CA
Old 03-15-15, 07:43 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Don't go crazy now lol bolts on its very safe and very reliable. Anything else this is not the rite car for it 😛. Looking good little Josh 😊👍
Old 03-15-15, 08:27 PM
daedalus
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't get why people still hate on these products yet they go out and press their sport button everytime they want to drive their cars fast because "OMG FASTER"... and yet these products only ramp up that exact same response soooo why are people hating?

If it's a useless waste of money you're not allowed to push the sport button on your ISF ever.
Old 03-15-15, 10:18 PM
got556
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly, I would route it to the glovebox or center console. There is nothing OEM looking about that display sitting where it is. Just constructive criticism. As for whether it's stupid or not, hey, is the buyer happy with the product? If yes, then who cares.
Old 03-15-15, 10:40 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

That was my exact thought before, but I then realized if I want to switch between sport and eco then I'm going to have to open the glove/center console to get to the switch. I knew itd be a lot more clean and it'd be pretty cool but its more practical where it sits right now.

Orange County, CA
Old 03-16-15, 02:43 PM
Quadrphnia
Advanced

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

You get used to the way the car drives and you're either happy with it's performance from a stop or not.

It's got a light pedal up front when starting for sure. My 71 Cutlass SX was the same way - often referred to as "The Gentleman's 442" for things just like this. The F's initial "bite" is that of a Lexus, and it's light. Deceitful. Every F I've driven is the same here. The first gear of my mother's 2010 Camry bites harder with less push of the pedal.

First thing I do whenever I get a new car is do my best to near-perfect my takeoffs. I've gotten to know the stock F in this sense - and I dig the Jekyll and Hyde - but I can understand why someone would want to change this, or tilt it more towards the Hyde.
Old 03-16-15, 02:58 PM
Justind27
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks for the hookup josh, got mine on order, nos n punchin cats on headers Is next after I get the jic magic titanium bullet mufflers installed to the joez exhaust on Friday!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Whats After I/H/E? Ark Throttle Controller!