IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Sold My ISF and replaced her with...

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-15, 08:50 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

If I didn't know someone who has lemon lawed the last 5 Corvettes he has owned, I'd be down for one. I took the wife for a ride in his Z06, and she got on the Chevy website as soon as we got home. She was impressed with the performance. I've driven with them at the track, and as much as I enjoy the F, I have to point by any decent driver in a C6 because the F just isn't in the same league on the track.

Congrats!
Old 03-13-15, 08:53 AM
BS ISF
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

congrats on the new purchase! love me some Zo6's!
Old 03-13-15, 11:19 AM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
If I didn't know someone who has lemon lawed the last 5 Corvettes he has owned, I'd be down for one. I took the wife for a ride in his Z06, and she got on the Chevy website as soon as we got home. She was impressed with the performance. I've driven with them at the track, and as much as I enjoy the F, I have to point by any decent driver in a C6 because the F just isn't in the same league on the track.

Congrats!
Cmon, they can't be that bad! I know a couple of people with vettes...drive them like they stole them...one guy even daily drives his c5 in the winter....no issues but maintenance.

However, they also keep everything stock on the car...
Old 03-13-15, 12:39 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joszer
Hey Everyone,

The time has come, I sold my ISF to pick up my dream car. I had the ISF for 2 years and loved every minute of it, but it had to go for this...

2012 Z06 with the full Carbon package.

Click me for Photos

I'd like to thank everyone for all the information and vendors on this site, it was a great experience. From getting my Joe Z Exhaust, to the Rear LCA Bushings, to my 275/245 wheels, everyone has been really helpful on this site, definitely one of the better car forums out there.

The new car is extremely Raw, I can't put it any other way. The driving feel, the shifting, the pedals, the power, it is just so visceral and raw. The Lexus would only feel that way above 4000 RPM in Sport/Manual Mode. Believe it or not the seats are More comfortable, and with the Magnetic shocks on Touring mode, the ride is smoother than the ISF. The interior is up there, my whole dash is wrapped in leather with red stitching, and I would almost compare it up there with the Lexus in terms of quality. The only thing that the Lexus is miles ahead of the vette is the Nav/Radio system. First day of owning the vette I got the nav system replaced with an aftermaket Alpine unit.

This is going to be my weekend car, my DD has been a 2014 Fiesta ST since July.
Congrats on the pickup!!! Please throw a nasty Cam in there and let that thing sound as crazy as it performs! Love the Vettes, had 3 of them and miss every single one.
Old 03-13-15, 01:10 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Originally Posted by MisterSkiz
Cmon, they can't be that bad! I know a couple of people with vettes...drive them like they stole them...one guy even daily drives his c5 in the winter....no issues but maintenance.

However, they also keep everything stock on the car...
You don't know Andi....drive it like they stole it? Did any of them finish 6th or higher in One Lap of America? Seriously, he's bought a bunch of Vettes. Some new, some used, some stock, some modified. The ones he bought new pretty much all got returned for a full refund. Stuff like this video might have something to do with it:

Old 03-13-15, 01:14 PM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That rear end loves to wiggle, one of the reasons my buddy sold his.....regardless, enjoy the Vette in good health
Old 03-13-15, 02:18 PM
buis02
Driver School Candidate

Congrats man.... I'm in the same boat. Going to be trading her in tomorrow. She's being replaced with a Nissan GTR... in the meantime going to be listing up all the goodies that were on her (TOM's kit, WedsSport rims, Project Mu Club Racer rotors with less than 2000 miles, Project Kicks Leggodura Duralumin lug nutsRays lug nuts, ISF stock floor mats, Weathertech floor mats, & OEM trunk mat)
Old 03-13-15, 03:57 PM
Joszer
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by buis02
Congrats man.... I'm in the same boat. Going to be trading her in tomorrow. She's being replaced with a Nissan GTR... in the meantime going to be listing up all the goodies that were on her (TOM's kit, WedsSport rims, Project Mu Club Racer rotors with less than 2000 miles, Project Kicks Leggodura Duralumin lug nutsRays lug nuts, ISF stock floor mats, Weathertech floor mats, & OEM trunk mat)
I was contemplating getting a GTR, but I missed having that shifter and that third pedal.
Old 03-14-15, 01:59 AM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

You don't know Andi....drive it like they stole it? Did any of them finish 6th or higher in One Lap of America? Seriously, he's bought a bunch of Vettes. Some new, some used, some stock, some modified. The ones he bought new pretty much all got returned for a full refund. Stuff like this video might have something to do with it:

2004 Z06 at Texas World Speedway - YouTube
love the music
Old 03-14-15, 06:40 AM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

2004 Z06 at Texas World Speedway - YouTube
i was actually laughing out loud when i watch you pass the ferrari. move ***** get out the way! I think this coming fall im going to put a new Cayman GT4 on order...

Last edited by darbs242; 03-14-15 at 06:43 AM.
Old 03-14-15, 08:11 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Originally Posted by darbs242
i was actually laughing out loud when i watch you pass the ferrari. move ***** get out the way! I think this coming fall im going to put a new Cayman GT4 on order...
That will be an awesome ride. I have a friend with Cayman S who is also thinking this is what he needs to do.
Old 03-14-15, 03:14 PM
Joszer
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by primecut
Congrats! Def. a beast.

Come on now, that's stretching it to say the least. The interior quality of the C6 is better than...a rental car, but barely, i.e. if your headliner's not falling off by next year then you have a ringer. lol
Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
congrats man. post some pics of the interior.
Link for Interior shots

See it doesn't look all that bad now does it?
Old 03-14-15, 03:40 PM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sweer ride bro. Love the z-06. Hard to belive that the ride quality is better than the IS-F but what di I know. Enjoy it and be safe!

Originally Posted by Joszer
Hey Everyone,

The time has come, I sold my ISF to pick up my dream car. I had the ISF for 2 years and loved every minute of it, but it had to go for this...

2012 Z06 with the full Carbon package.

Click me for Photos

I'd like to thank everyone for all the information and vendors on this site, it was a great experience. From getting my Joe Z Exhaust, to the Rear LCA Bushings, to my 275/245 wheels, everyone has been really helpful on this site, definitely one of the better car forums out there.

The new car is extremely Raw, I can't put it any other way. The driving feel, the shifting, the pedals, the power, it is just so visceral and raw. The Lexus would only feel that way above 4000 RPM in Sport/Manual Mode. Believe it or not the seats are More comfortable, and with the Magnetic shocks on Touring mode, the ride is smoother than the ISF. The interior is up there, my whole dash is wrapped in leather with red stitching, and I would almost compare it up there with the Lexus in terms of quality. The only thing that the Lexus is miles ahead of the vette is the Nav/Radio system. First day of owning the vette I got the nav system replaced with an aftermaket Alpine unit.

This is going to be my weekend car, my DD has been a 2014 Fiesta ST since July.