IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Mod friendly dealerships.

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-15, 03:45 AM
RichFlair
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mod friendly dealerships.

I'll be going to a local lexus dealership in the east bay in the next week or two for the recent recalls.I'll share my experience when the repairs have been made.

Last edited by RichFlair; 03-11-15 at 06:27 PM.
Old 03-11-15, 10:09 AM
Sean
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or you could post whatever you found. Future reference for anyone looking for the same.
Old 03-11-15, 05:53 PM
SoCalISF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean
Or you could post whatever you found. Future reference for anyone looking for the same.
Yes that may prove beneficial to someone out there...
Old 03-11-15, 06:38 PM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

This is a great idea. Let's all contribute to build a useful data base of where to go, and where not to go if you have mods.
Old 03-11-15, 07:14 PM
subiepunk
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it's a recall I don't think mods should affect anything. I went to the dealership with a catback and they didn't ask me any questions.
Old 03-12-15, 06:40 AM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Yea the mods "shouldnt" affect anything. But here in Houston I had a VSC couple months back before I went to Columbia, didnt have time to look into it so I was WILLING to pay Northside Lexus in Houston, and the service manager said they were not willing to work on my car because it had visual and performance mods..Go figure all I have is all we can do, basic intake and headers.. What really made me most disappointing with the Service manager (I will not say his name) was he told me the car had so many codes they could not start to diagnose. I asked him what the codes were, he said right and left lamp sensor inoperable (which was due to the retrofit of the led headlights, and had me dying with laughter inside, along with another code forgot exact parameter looked up and led my to MAF sensor. Thus, none the less he told me how electrically experienced he was, little does he know im an engineer with extensive troubleshooting background which was not even required for this problem, I popped hood open on service floor popped out sensor (everyone looking at me like I was a green alien), cleaner sensor with proper cleaner, and bam code gone. I personally went back inside and told him thanks for doing everything to "your book" but this was a sad experience to be quite honest so steer clear, It was a case of bull**** (He originally told me over the phone they have never seen the lamp code, I told him clearly to ignore it and persue the other code specifically and he said it would cost at least 5 labor hours I told him cool. IMHO im glad his pursuit to help me as it only cost me a 4 dollar can of cleaner)..Ill be going to STERLING or CLEAR LAKE Lexus whom actually installed my headers. FYI to Houston folks, Northside has failed me when I dealt with their collision department on my is250, they new car prep department infused swirls in my friends black gs350F, and during this occasion. (But this is just my personal experience im sure others have had better here)

I get that its a business, but some managers and advisers lack the capability to know how to approach such situations or they are scared. Personally if a customer is willing to pay, in most cases why would you turn them away? Especially knowing the techs up there said it happens all the time and it frustrates them dearly. Most of the time they say they just need the ok to initially input time knowing the customer already pre-approved diagnostic time but they are still turned down..quite interesting if you ask me.. Worst part is (from my technician friends internally) say customers generally get charged full pre-approved time and alot of diagnostics take only a fraction of what it takes..but its a business I guess.