IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Buying a 15 isf crafted what's the going price

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-15, 11:12 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Totally did not mean to be rude, but its frustrating how often this happens. I hold true in saying that the reason exhausts are sooooooo common on the ISF is to make sure people know its a V8. Start it up or launch from a light there is no mistaking a V8 rumble with an exhaust . And yes.........I intentionally look to dust F sport cars when they try to roll up and flex. In fact it happened yesterday in traffic. Dude rolls up with new F Sport in white ( no plates ) and tries to launch at the light. I went for it and spun the rears and that second intake opened up , the car did the snort and growl , and I was GONE. At the next light he didnt even pull next to me and I noticed he turned down his really loud music .

Stuffed bra is right. Looks like the real thing, but when you get close or "take a spin " you can tell its deflated , weak, and fake LMAO.
Old 03-11-15, 11:29 AM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

I think its how they market the car, and how shady salesmen try to sell you the car. I believe most people genuinely think they bought an IS-F, but may not even know anything about the V8 version.
Old 03-11-15, 12:38 PM
streetx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

i think the problem is most people dont even know what a real IS-F is or that is even exist
Old 03-11-15, 12:49 PM
EpikOEM
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggu
True, That is the major issue with Lexus making the F-Sport model. Pretty much every car is offered as an F-Sport model which means that there are tons out there. Makes people think the IS-F and RC-F are nothing special anymore.

I had a guy try and argue with me once that my IS-F was a F-Sport and that I just put a body kit on it.
Well, we can't win them all. I had a guy swear his '14 IS250 F-Sport was the newer model ISF. I tried to correct him, but he didn't believe me until he goggled ISF. Some people....Whateves.
Old 03-11-15, 01:20 PM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Here in houston due to the culture, I get ask if my MRM is "candy paint", and when I a guy rolls up on me with 22's on his IS250 he asks, "Hey bro what kit is that"? SLAP lol
Old 03-11-15, 02:18 PM
kiryu
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's why I put IS500 on my license plate to wake everyone up this is not a 250 or 350
I don't even wanna explain the F vs f sport anymore
Had a couple of idiots talking at a repair shop they thought IS500 is new model lol
Old 03-11-15, 02:18 PM
YotaLex
Driver

Ok, let's play nice......
The guy didn't know. It's partially Lexus' fault.. There are so many F Sports, RC-F, GS-F, IS-F. The "F" badge is becoming watered down.
That crafted line is really nice though... If that's what you are indeed looking for.

F > F Sport

Good luck!
Old 03-11-15, 03:11 PM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by kiryu
That's why I put IS500 on my license plate to wake everyone up this is not a 250 or 350
I don't even wanna explain the F vs f sport anymore
Had a couple of idiots talking at a repair shop they thought IS500 is new model lol
You're shxting me... I put in an order for the custom black vintage CA plate, for IS 500....
Old 03-11-15, 03:28 PM
WhyTheF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by YotaLex
Ok, let's play nice......
The guy didn't know. It's partially Lexus' fault.. There are so many F Sports, RC-F, GS-F, IS-F. The "F" badge is becoming watered down.
That crafted line is really nice though... If that's what you are indeed looking for.

F > F Sport

Good luck!
Yes, I'll try to play nice... but some people just don't know, but the best story is when...

I was behind this SFP "ISF" (It had the quad-muffler/bumper) and all the emblems were taken off from the trunk lid... but it wasn't until I pulled next to him to give a thumps-up when I noticed his car didn't have the fender scoop & then I noticed the rest of the car

I know its prob someone on CL but I mean come'on... IMO, if you're gonna convert your ISx50, then go all the way. But by the time you go all the way on a ISx50, it would prob be alot cheaper to get a REAL deal ISF (unless its was like a high mileage 06 IS250 or something that was cheap to buy)

Don't be mad... just my opinion
Old 03-11-15, 03:29 PM
WhyTheF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jum3
You're shxting me... I put in an order for the custom black vintage CA plate, for IS 500....
Should just go with IS500 emblems LOL jk

Seriously... Jk
Old 03-11-15, 03:30 PM
Gearbangin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 223 Likes on 95 Posts

The best is the IS250 with the ISF body kit. Take a slow car and make it slower with more weight. lol
Old 03-12-15, 10:51 AM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Why couldn't lexus change our letter to make it different lol. Like IS-R. Then no more confusion haha
Old 03-12-15, 12:15 PM
WhyTheF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jspecvtec
Why couldn't lexus change our letter to make it different lol. Like IS-R. Then no more confusion haha
Very true but my theory is Lexus is slowly copying the European makers (or BMW for that matter for what I can see)...

BMW has the M package and then the real M... (BMW 335i M Sport and then M3), which I believe came out when the E60 M5 was first introduced...

I'm sure you can say the same with Mercedes & AMG, Audi & RS...

Just my .02

Last edited by WhyTheF; 03-12-15 at 12:19 PM.
Old 03-12-15, 01:27 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

what we are all forgetting is that Lexus is trying to steal the F thunder and give it to the F sport guys for sales volume . They are doing it on purpose because its easier to sell a 46k F sport than 70k RCF or 66k ISF. If the customers and other drivers dont know the difference .....its even better for them. BMW does it, Benz does it, and so does Caddy .

I propose that we all intentionally look for and dust the F sport guys one at a time to teach them. These people need to be schooled and Lexus isnt going to do it.

I8AMR..........Taking the F sport guys to REAL F school one race at a time . .........and try and put money on it.lol They are so clueless out there you could make some real money LOL. " Hey bro you want to race your new ISF against my last generation one.....Im bone stock..." . You drive away with a $100 and he is scratching his head
Old 03-12-15, 01:37 PM
YotaLex
Driver

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I propose that we all intentionally look for and dust the F sport guys one at a time to teach them. These people need to be schooled and Lexus isnt going to do it.[/B]
Ha, I thought that was code!

Quick Reply: Buying a 15 isf crafted what's the going price