IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Done modding - Pics from this weekend.

Old 03-09-15, 08:55 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 666 Likes on 589 Posts

looks good, you can never be done.. for example the 2012 headlights.

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 03-09-15, 09:20 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha thanks for the compliments guys!

When I mean I am done modding, I am over it lol. I spent a ton of money on this thing and I've only owned it since the summer. I bought it bone stock. The pursuit of perfection has been fun, but I am building a new house, and I would like to focus the resources and energy into that! I always get really antsy when something isn't complete, only to move onto the next project once it is lol. That being said, I really hope I can love the ISF for a long time, but in the mean time, I am glad to take a breather from the modding and be content with how it sits

I've also gone to the extreme on other cars, and it took the joy out of driving or owning em! For example, a 700whp daily driven vette that wasn't fun to daily anymore because I was constantly waiting for something to break. Or the full CF front end 350z show car that was so perfect I didn't want to take it out of the garage for fear of what I created being ruined, and it did all the time lol. The ISF is at the point where its enjoyable, reliable, and not overboard / overwhelming to daily.

Last edited by RedlineAZ; 03-09-15 at 09:24 PM.
Old 03-09-15, 09:31 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by vbb
Very well done, I like it a lot. The stance is perfect and I love the subtleties of the mods. They're there, but they blend in well. I especially like the flow of the front lip (Lexon?) to the side skirts. What sides are those? I used to have a Lexon replica lip but it got destroyed (long story, but I wasn't driving my car). I like the style of the rims too.

So yes, post the mods list.
Thanks bro! Heres a mod list:
Vossen VFS2 wheels
PPE headers
Joe Z exhaust
Toms rear diffuser
Wald style CF replica spoiler
Lexon CF replica lip (ISFpat knows a guy lol)
Swift Springs
Vredestein tires
Custom hand laid CF splitters (made by a local guy)
5% tint all around
6k HID low beams and fogs
Blackbox Dash Cam
Gloss Black headlight housings
iJDMtoy full LED interior lighting
Joe Z intake tube
AFE dry intake filter
Red extended lug nuts

I think thats it, but might be forgetting something lol.
Old 03-09-15, 09:36 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

You think you are done... but the car has more plans for you
Old 03-10-15, 05:38 AM
FraganciaF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ISFpat
looks good.. I'm parting out soon so buy parts from me when I post up a thread lol
how much are u gonna ask for that diffuser lol
Old 03-10-15, 09:45 AM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Very very nice RedlineAZ!!! Looking good. I love the wheels and the adult stance. Clearly dropped but doesnt look a kid drives it. ...... This is not the car of a "man child". LOL

You did a great job. Very tasteful and complete mods. Your ride is an inspiration to the guys to with the stock cars like me
hahaha Lexus doesn't seem to think so LOL!!!
Old 03-10-15, 10:13 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Lol.

Being the reasonable guy that I am, you have 3 months off to sort out the new house.

After that, I expect the mods to carry on in earnest!

Besides, you and I have been taking a pretty similar journey since we bought our cars, but im hoping to have my Wald replica spoiler, upper carbon spoiler, vented carbon Seibon hood installed this Friday!

I'm also getting my BC BR coilovers with Swift springs soon, and then there's my custom H&S exhaust with real quad tips! Lol.

Can't have you falling behind too much mate!
Old 03-10-15, 10:28 AM
matthewusm
Driver School Candidate

headlight housings look incredible! Great looking car
Old 03-10-15, 10:31 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Hey Redline think of how cool it will be to park your awesome ride in that cool new garage in that new house. Gonna be great. Id suggest saving like crazy. A new house will swallow every penny you can toss at it. If its not appliances, it furniture, landscaping, etc. I have been modding my house LOL. At least the value goes up. No new wheels and exhaust......but added a Spanish fountain and 15k in landscaping and outdoor furniture . LMAO
Old 03-10-15, 05:30 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PDP180180
Lol.

Being the reasonable guy that I am, you have 3 months off to sort out the new house.

After that, I expect the mods to carry on in earnest!

Besides, you and I have been taking a pretty similar journey since we bought our cars, but im hoping to have my Wald replica spoiler, upper carbon spoiler, vented carbon Seibon hood installed this Friday!

I'm also getting my BC BR coilovers with Swift springs soon, and then there's my custom H&S exhaust with real quad tips! Lol.

Can't have you falling behind too much mate!
haha don't tempt me Peter!!! LOL Can't wait to see your car complete!!!

Originally Posted by matthewusm
headlight housings look incredible! Great looking car
Thanks man! One of my favorite mods

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Hey Redline think of how cool it will be to park your awesome ride in that cool new garage in that new house. Gonna be great. Id suggest saving like crazy. A new house will swallow every penny you can toss at it. If its not appliances, it furniture, landscaping, etc. I have been modding my house LOL. At least the value goes up. No new wheels and exhaust......but added a Spanish fountain and 15k in landscaping and outdoor furniture . LMAO
haha thanks bro! It will be well worth it Its going to be crazy expensive, I am already mentally preparing myself to drain my resources lol. I agree, I would rather pimp out the house then the car!
Old 03-10-15, 06:13 PM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Car looks very good...very clean. I like it.
Old 03-12-15, 01:42 PM
BLKLBL
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

very tasteful, love it!
Old 03-12-15, 09:25 PM
Justind27
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

So why you tryin to sell it now?! Saw it on Craig'slist yesterday, a friend was tempted to pay me to drive him down for it!
Old 03-13-15, 12:31 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Justind27
So why you tryin to sell it now?! Saw it on Craig'slist yesterday, a friend was tempted to pay me to drive him down for it!
haha! Man I go through cars like people go through underwear Its a very bad habit, but it ALWAYS happens to me. I go through phases of either buying cars completely modded and not being happy with the lack of modding options once its done, to buying bone stock cars only to mod them out and when they are finally done wanting to go onto the next challenge or burning myself out with the modding only to want to buy an average DD and/or a weekend toy. I've gone through 3 corvettes, 3 G37's, a 350z, a 370z, 3 Mercedes, the ISF, and a toyota sedan....in the last 3 years. I am at the point where I am considering letting it go, and put some money aside for a Lambo. My wife is in the process of potentially getting a new job that would provide a new car for her, so if that works out its time to sell our cars and eventually get something exotic
Old 03-13-15, 02:33 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by RedlineAZ
haha! Man I go through cars like people go through underwear Its a very bad habit, but it ALWAYS happens to me. I go through phases of either buying cars completely modded and not being happy with the lack of modding options once its done, to buying bone stock cars only to mod them out and when they are finally done wanting to go onto the next challenge or burning myself out with the modding only to want to buy an average DD and/or a weekend toy. I've gone through 3 corvettes, 3 G37's, a 350z, a 370z, 3 Mercedes, the ISF, and a toyota sedan....in the last 3 years. I am at the point where I am considering letting it go, and put some money aside for a Lambo. My wife is in the process of potentially getting a new job that would provide a new car for her, so if that works out its time to sell our cars and eventually get something exotic
Dude that sounds amazing. I have been eyeing the Vettes and 911s. Still wont need back seats for years so I might as well play now ........Just have to see if I fit. LOL If I cant find something really raw and quick I will stick with the F and get a Panamera later. I love the LS but the Panamera will allow me a little more fun and still have the huge interior that I enjoy.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Done modding - Pics from this weekend.