IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Dealer Road Tested My IsF

Old 03-10-15, 05:00 PM
buis02
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I know is don't take your ISF to Lexus of Escondido in San Diego. Absolutely beautiful facility and their roof top restaurant is awesome.The sales staff rocks as well. But... their service department is terrible. Not sure where to begin. How they scratched our rear bumper badly and denied it until the threats had to come out or the fact that they were beating on the ISF during their road tests. From their service writers all the way to the service manager, all a bunch of morons. Beware! It's pretty sad that ISF owners have to result to reviewing dash cam footage after taking the car in for service every time.
Old 03-10-15, 05:02 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

I would recommend the G1WC which is the G1W with wider angle lens and a capacitor for temporary power. G1WH has a battery but can wear out.
Old 03-10-15, 05:06 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

The local Porsche dealer did this with my car when I had an inspection for a PCA track weekend. Needless to say, I have not returned there.
Old 03-10-15, 06:16 PM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

I would definitely have a face to face with the dealership manager. Unsat!!!
Old 03-11-15, 04:16 AM
parasitius
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by melbitoast
Here in Texas, you're considered wreckless at 25+mph over any speed limit. I'm not sure how heavily it's enforced b/c I got nailed in my IS250 back in '08 doing 104 in a 65, but was only given a speeding ticket. The officer didn't mark the box for "wreckless". That may have been b/c it was 3:30 in the morning on an open highway with no one around but me and my thoughts...and the cop.

Back to the OP. I saw you updated that they gave you an extended warranty for your troubles. What kind of EW was it? Hopefully a bumper-to-bumper. I would have accepted nothing less.
Source please? 25+, or so many random folks on the internet have claimed. My friend and I were specifically researching this yesterday and the sites we turned up claiming it were far from official. Wikipedia on the other hand clearly said no threshold, and an old PDF from US Govt DOT made no mention either (dated 2000). DOT's PDF only said the 3rd time you are caught street racing in TX (which is a different charge than reckless), it is a felony.
Old 03-11-15, 06:53 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by parasitius
Source please? 25+, or so many random folks on the internet have claimed. My friend and I were specifically researching this yesterday and the sites we turned up claiming it were far from official. Wikipedia on the other hand clearly said no threshold, and an old PDF from US Govt DOT made no mention either (dated 2000). DOT's PDF only said the 3rd time you are caught street racing in TX (which is a different charge than reckless), it is a felony.
I have to admit your response is rather vexing.
1. You're in Ohio. Why the hell do you care?
2. Looks like you need to work on your researching. Took me 15 seconds.
3. Wiki is changable and unreliable.
4. US Govt DOT??? Traffic laws are state to state.

But anyway, here you go: Under Texas law, reckless driving can be based on driving too fast for the road and traffic conditions at the time. Texas charges reckless driving for anyone who is doing 20 mph or more over the speed limit, or for anyone exceeding 81mph in a 65mph zone. It is a class I misdemeanor punishable by up to 1 year in jail and up to a $2500 fine.

Happy now?
Old 03-11-15, 08:37 AM
VDODSON
Driver

Originally Posted by melbitoast
I have to admit your response is rather vexing.
1. You're in Ohio. Why the hell do you care?
2. Looks like you need to work on your researching. Took me 15 seconds.
3. Wiki is changable and unreliable.
4. US Govt DOT??? Traffic laws are state to state.

But anyway, here you go: Under Texas law, reckless driving can be based on driving too fast for the road and traffic conditions at the time. Texas charges reckless driving for anyone who is doing 20 mph or more over the speed limit, or for anyone exceeding 81mph in a 65mph zone. It is a class I misdemeanor punishable by up to 1 year in jail and up to a $2500 fine.

Happy now?
lol! That is cold.
Old 03-11-15, 10:51 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Georgia's 'Super Speeder Law' defines a Super Speeder as a driver convicted of speeding at 75 mph or more on a two-lane road or at 85 mph and above on any road or highway in the State of Georgia.

In addition to the fines and fees paid to the jurisdiction where the speeding offense took place, a $200 Super Speeder state fee is to be paid by the convicted driver.
Old 03-11-15, 02:34 PM
lorenr
Intermediate

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts
Talking Speeding and Safety

You guys who are commenting on excessive speed on our nations highways may want to read parts of the US Attorney Generals report on Ferguson, Missouri. If you look into some of the details you'll notice the part on citations, pull overs and other attempts by local and other law enforcement units to earn income from said pull overs. Notice that the police and courts were lumped together in this.

We have all been issued tickets and plead innocent in order to appear in court. I automatically plead not guilty to every citation. You'd be amazed at what I've learned after many such tickets. It is not about safety. I once watched a very nice black lady get convicted doing 22 MPH in a 20.

The courts are usually, depending on the state, operated with income the courts collect from fines. The district attorneys and police are paid out of general funds (taxes). Now if the courts don't collect their fines do you really think that the district attorney does not get the message especially if he needs to file a case with the court.

A retired cop told me write after Ferguson that the event would be very bad for law enforcement. I wasn't sure what he meant but noticed a lot fewer speed traps where I live. You notice stuff like this when you drive a F.

I now have a really good defense and I will use it.

Loren
Old 03-13-15, 06:08 PM
AggieOne
Driver School Candidate

Update: I got a call from the dealer and they asked the tech if he had driven the car like I explained before even showing them the video and the tech told the service manger yes. I was told he has been dismissed. The general manager of the dealership apologized and is in communications with me. He is trying to resolve the matter and does not want to lose my business. I did show the video to them in order for them to understand the magnitude of abuse my ISF went through. I tell my kids all the time, trust is hard to get back once you lose it.
Old 03-14-15, 09:45 PM
Blizzard81
Driver School Candidate

Wow. I hope that never happens to me! See if they can provide a extension on your warranty to prove they want your loyalty.
Old 03-16-15, 12:36 PM
parasitius
Driver School Candidate

Moderator edit - parastius please exit the thread.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq...ponse_comments

Last edited by DaveGS4; 03-16-15 at 08:47 PM.
Old 03-16-15, 03:51 PM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AggieOne
Update: I got a call from the dealer and they asked the tech if he had driven the car like I explained before even showing them the video and the tech told the service manger yes. I was told he has been dismissed. The general manager of the dealership apologized and is in communications with me. He is trying to resolve the matter and does not want to lose my business. I did show the video to them in order for them to understand the magnitude of abuse my ISF went through. I tell my kids all the time, trust is hard to get back once you lose it.
Man, thats a little harsh don't you think? When I caught the dealer doing some crazy things on my dash cam, and insulting my wife and I...My first words with the service manager was that I didn't want anyone to lose their job over it but rather be used as a learning tool to avoid future issues. Although it angers us that these things happen, I bet a brief suspension without pay or a write up would scare him enough to avoid doing anything like that again. No harm no foul. We've all made mistakes in life, some to a higher extent then others, but ultimately we were given second chances to learn from mistakes or never caught to begin with. I would hate to see someone lose a job over something that irritated me but in the grand scheme of things didn't financially or physically cost me anything.

Again, speaking from experience with my dealer I reiterated that I will make the video viral if they fire the tech(s), and that I would like the tech to know that its not okay and to use it as a lesson learned that sometimes there's eyes out there and to not make the same mistake again. God forbid that someone uses a mistake we make in our places of work to cost us a potential career or job over something that could've been resolved (potentially) with a slap on the wrist.
Old 03-16-15, 03:54 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

how did the video record the speedometer? or was it programmed into the camera?
Old 03-16-15, 04:25 PM
AggieOne
Driver School Candidate

Yes the Lukas ACE 7900 has built in GPS which records date, location, speed, and voltage as data and stores it when over predefined thresholds.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dealer Road Tested My IsF