IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Dealer Road Tested My IsF

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-15, 11:34 AM
YotaLex
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow. These horror stories.... I want a camera and mic set up!?

As crazy as it sounds though, I prefer the Toyota dealers for my Lexus work.

Hope you get it sorted out. An extended warranty sounds like the best possible scenario from this. A free synthetic oil change doesn't sound bad either. Nobody wants to get someone fired for being stupid.... But at the same time it didn't really seem like he wanted his job in the first place?
Post the video!!!!
Old 03-09-15, 11:48 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

sorry to hear this. This is one reason I run a dash cam in my car. I check the footage after a visit to see if there are any shenanigans going on. I got my rear view mirror replaced because of bad homelink buttons. I saw the footage and saw that they revved my car mildy to hear the exhaust in the service bay. Not a big deal. Sure sounded sweet though. but they didnt even get anywhere near redlining it.
Old 03-09-15, 11:48 AM
thatnewguy
Driver

OP - I just want to know what camera you have. I keep seeing threads like this and it makes me want to get a camera more and more
Old 03-09-15, 12:00 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

No kidding post the video for everybody to see.....
Old 03-09-15, 12:03 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

he mentioned it in his original post. I think he meant to type Lukas ACE 7900, not 9700
Old 03-09-15, 12:16 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

doesnt matter if their work has been top notch or not, after reporting this, their future work on your car wont change.

you need to report that. if there would of been an accident, they wouldnt even have fixed your car like many scenarios like this that already happened with big dealerships.

you would be spineless if you let something like this go.
Old 03-09-15, 12:27 PM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Dealership took it to 120 mph just for rear view mirror? Something wrong there.......seriously........something is VERY WRONG THERE.
Old 03-09-15, 12:35 PM
AggieOne
Driver School Candidate

Yes my typo - Lukas ACE 7900 HD. The camera has gps and xyz accelerometers that are on the video. Plus there is a PC app that lets you view the event on Google maps. As for the test drive, he did it on a feeder road about 1/2 mile long right before the entrance to the dealer. He even spun the tires in the Lexus lot. I am pissed and laughing at the same time.
Old 03-09-15, 12:38 PM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really wouldn't care to tell you the truth. I've told the tech to give it a good rip as long as the oil temp is up.
Old 03-09-15, 01:21 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Dude why are these stories becoming so common. I know fast cars are tempting to joy ride but this is nuts. I checked my mileage and mpgs when I picked mine up recently and all was good. I will watch though.

I can imagine the modified cars attract that much more attention
Old 03-09-15, 01:30 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

This is something I don't like. Reliable car with the occasion to visit the dealer. There shouldn't be a need to joy ride, but I know it does happen- more often than documented. Honestly, I wouldn't expect a tech to joy ride in the LFA...imagine how pissed off owners would be then, so the same respect should be given to the IS F. Regardless of how fast the car is, one should not be taking it out and pushing it to its limits because 1) it's just bad etiquette as a customer service rep, 2) it can potentially lead to a lawsuit or legal action if the car was damaged (and there have been times when that was the case), and 3) it's not the dealer tech's car- period!

For all of you who have dashcams and hidden cameras, I wouldn't blow up the internet first. I'd take it to the service advisor and then if he/she isn't cooporative, then take it up with corporate. If all else fails, massive hits and responses for a YouTube clip could force some action or at the very least get those immature techs axed.

This is why I always call ahead and schedule a master tech to work on my car if ever I need dealer work for warranty or other items that I'm not able to on my own.
Old 03-09-15, 01:42 PM
YotaLex
Driver

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
Honestly, I wouldn't expect a tech to joy ride in the LFA...imagine how pissed off owners would be then, so the same respect should be given to the IS F.
Or a customers car period. I couldn't agree more.
Old 03-09-15, 06:07 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 844 Likes on 638 Posts

Another lower cost method if you have Navigation. When leaving your car with a Valet or Mechanic open up "Show on Map" and select "Route Trace". Set the screen back to Audio (you have already turned off "Auto Screen Change to save your sanity, right?). When you get her back bring up the map and there will be the
"bread crumbs", red/white dots revealing the route with faster sections spaced farther apart. I have never seen 120 MPH documented this way... Reopen Route Trace and when you turn it off it will ask if you want to save the evidence. No date stamp however
Old 03-09-15, 08:25 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I would be on the phone with my attorney asking what i really could do. Easily have the guys job at a minimum.
Old 03-09-15, 08:34 PM
AggieOne
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for all the responses! I have emailed the dealer and have asked for personal phone call to let them know what has happen. I will keep everyone updated. I will see how it goes. According to the data on the video the actual speed was 128 mph and I bet without a helmet! lol

Quick Reply: Dealer Road Tested My IsF