IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Dealer Road Tested My IsF

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-15, 06:46 AM
AggieOne
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer Road Tested My IsF

I took my ISF to the dealer for a foggy rear view mirror replacement under warranty. I happen to have for my own use a Lukas 9700 ACE HD camera on the window under the mirror. Well I reviewed my video after that service call and saw the tech road test my ISF down a feeder road at 120 mph. I have not even driven my ISF that fast ever!! I guess that they were making sure my new mirrow was on tight. So What should I do? I like my dealer location and the work has been top notch. I guess I will put a tag on my mirror and say "Do not speed" or "You are being recorded" next time I take my car in for service.

Last edited by AggieOne; 03-17-15 at 10:29 AM.
Old 03-09-15, 07:22 AM
YotaLex
Driver

Originally Posted by AggieOne
I took my ISF to the dealer for a foggy rear view mirror replacement under warranty. I happen to have for my own use a Lukas 9700 ACE HD camera on the window under the mirror. Well I reviewed my video after that service call and saw the tech road test my ISF down a feeder road at 120 mph. I have not even driven my ISF that fast ever!! I guess that they were making sure my new mirrow was on tight. So What should I do? I like my dealer location and the work has been top notch. I guess I will put a tag on my mirror and say "Do not speed" or "You are being recorded" next time I take my car in for service.
Wait.... You never had your F @ 120? That's a bigger shocker than the service guys beating it up.... It is irresponsible on their part, it's just part of the game...

It depends where you want to take it though.... You can file a complaint and show managers your video (which is the best choice to see heads roll, it may cost someone their job as well)
Or you can do exactly what you said and let them know they are on camera next time.
My service writer is a good friend of mine and she knows I would have a fit, so my road testing is usually done by the responsible mechanics and not the Lube boy. BUT TO BE HONEST YOUR CAR SHOULD HAVE NEVER HIT THE ROAD FOR A MIRROR REPLACEMENT!
Old 03-09-15, 08:56 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Damn that makes my blood boil and I'm not even an owner yet I can just imagine that being my car. If I were you I would show the manager of the dealership the video or even the owner!

That's completely unacceptable, why would it even be remotely ok?? If your car was stolen and the thief that took you car got caught he would be charged with joy riding and endangerment among other charges I suppose. If someone lost their job because of this that would be a harsh lesson to learn, but you know what any responsible and mature tech/lube tech would not treat your car that way or for that reason any car. What happened to respecting other peoples property especially when it costs 60k!
Old 03-09-15, 09:05 AM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
Damn that makes my blood boil and I'm not even an owner yet I can just imagine that being my car. If I were you I would show the manager of the dealership the video or even the owner!

That's completely unacceptable, why would it even be remotely ok?? If your car was stolen and the thief that took you car got caught he would be charged with joy riding and endangerment among other charges I suppose. If someone lost their job because of this that would be a harsh lesson to learn, but you know what any responsible and mature tech/lube tech would not treat your car that way or for that reason any car. What happened to respecting other peoples property especially when it costs 60k!
^^^^^ That would be my choice!! That tech should lose his job.
Old 03-09-15, 09:13 AM
AdamCraven
Former Sponsor

I'd be pretty upset. Don't get me wrong, if I were a tech I'd be tempted...
Old 03-09-15, 09:19 AM
dabs
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If you do not report it, someones elses car will also be taken for a joyride
Old 03-09-15, 09:21 AM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

I'd be pretty upset. Release the video, and let the internet rip the dealer for you. I'm afraid there is no moral high-ground on this one. Cause & effect.

Also, your recorder is ridiculously huge... If the guy missed it then he may deserve to lose his job.
Old 03-09-15, 09:21 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

report it to your service advisor and their manager
Old 03-09-15, 09:47 AM
Quadrphnia
Advanced

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

Yep! Blood is boiling reading this.
Old 03-09-15, 09:48 AM
RedlineAZ
Lead Lap

Dude I got some footage on video of the dealer revving my car up, calling me names- saying I'm a man child and that "oh wait no, that would actually mean that he would have to be a man", talking about how hot my wife is, saying lexus leather is cheap and has no tolerance and will scratch extremely easily, saying they got "F'd" on my Nav replacement because they only got paid by lexus for 30 mins to replace it (even though it was a $2011 job) so they need to hurry up, then they said my car was slow as f***, and then they were going to take it for a joy ride but someone finally wised up and reminded them that "how the F*** are you going to explain 3 extra miles on the car for a nav replacement". I was irate, but they never drove my car. Another member had this happen to him and he made them give him an extended warranty since they beat on his car and it wasn't warmed up.
Old 03-09-15, 10:27 AM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

So much for quality service at a Lexus dealership. I wonder how many cars are punished at the dealer when they are there for service.
Old 03-09-15, 10:48 AM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

last time i had my car in at the dealer, came in bc i through a code, wouldn't go into 1st, etc. took them a while to figure out that my air box was damaged (how, no idea). they also did the cooling fan recall. anyway when i got my car back, my mpg avg had gone down to 10.5 (it's usually about 15), and a quarter tank of gas was gone. they drove it about 13 miles. i understand they had to drive the car to make sure the codes wouldn't come back but burning through all that gas and the mpg, they obviously took it for a joy ride. i wasn't going to say anything bc now i almost expect these goons to do this but spoke to my service advisor. he apologized and said he'd speak to the tech about it. anyway, i'll be getting a free synthetic oil change as an apology on my next visit. at first they offered to just fill up my gas tank! haha
Old 03-09-15, 11:20 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Which dealer did you go to?

I had an issue with one of the "helpers" a while back when I got my tires checked. They took it around the back to do the check, but they were back there revving the **** out of it. I ripped his a new one when he brought it back b/c I was still needing to get my motor mounts insulators replaced and the torquing of the engine is not good for those weakened mounts.
Old 03-09-15, 11:23 AM
AggieOne
Driver School Candidate

Lexus of Clear Lake - Houston
Old 03-09-15, 11:26 AM
melbitoast
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Lexus of Clear Lake - Houston
Okay. I'm in Austin, so I was just curious. Seems like we all have some issues with servicemen from time to time.

Quick Reply: Dealer Road Tested My IsF