Greetings from Sweden!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-15, 03:17 PM
Hamilton92
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greetings from Sweden!

Hey peps!

Been lurking around here for about a year, nd been a is-f owner since for almost 10 months now so i thought i'd finally introduce myself!

My name is Christopher, i'm 22 years old and currently working as a lexus tech in little Malmoe, Sweden.
Been working there for alittle over 3 years now and im really enjoying it.
Just a regular teenager who likes cars, my gf and life :-)

The is-f has always been a dream car ever since i first saw one and the moment i started working as a lexus tech i told myself that one day i am going to own one of those!

Now over to cars!!
After taking my driving license at the age of 19 i started driving our family beater gs300. And after a year i bought my first car a Sapphire black 2007 bmw 335i Coupe. Had alot of trouble with it and ended up spending more money fixing it than enjoying it.. but it was a really fun car! (When it worked without trouble) Only mods was cobb accessport and bms intake. And some cosmetic stuff ofc!

What it looked like when i bought it

And when i sold it

And now over to my white beast!
2009 Pearl white (077 is only called pearl white here) Black leather. No sunroof or radar but everything else is standard here including mark levinson audio. Currently at 31k miles and 1 previous owner. Car was bone stock when i bought it.
So current mods are carbon splitters (yes cheap ones), blacked out grill except the lexus L, blacked out rear emblems (all plastidipped), 20mm spacers front n back and a muffler delete

Modding an isf in sweden isn't cheap as there is nothing to find for an isf in sweden..

Pre blacked-out headlights and spacers

After blacked-out headlights and spacers!

Tell me what u think peps!

Have a goood evening, time for me to
Old 03-08-15, 03:27 PM
RMA
Driver

Looks great, first for me to see a Swedish F on here. Congrats & great color
Old 03-08-15, 03:42 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts

I dig the F symbol on the front grille. So funny how everyone who gets an F after owning a bimmer says the BMW was a PITA
Old 03-08-15, 03:52 PM
justjosh
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice ride!
Old 03-08-15, 04:49 PM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Söta IS F

Digger08
Old 03-08-15, 05:08 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

10 months and u introduced to just us now? Lol u should ashame to yourself dde1b j/know. Congrats and welcome.
Old 03-08-15, 05:36 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

welcome and enjoy the modding. you come by for our meet, here in CA...j/k.lol...im assuming there not much is f there.
Old 03-08-15, 05:45 PM
Gymkata
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Welcome and enjoy the ISF. It's been many years, but I ventured across a bridge from Norway and had lunch in Sweden once.
Old 03-08-15, 07:23 PM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

Welcome to CL good luck with ISF from NYC
Greetings from Sweden!-20150207_142232.jpg
Old 03-08-15, 10:32 PM
zpletcher
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Congratulations!!! You have a rare car in Sweden, I am sure...Closest I have been to Sweden is almost 2 years ago when I was cruising the Autobahn in Bavaria, Germany... Too cold there for me.. Ha!

Looks beautiful... You made a great choice....I wanted a BMW 335I badly, but so happy I used my brains and chose ISF instead!!

Had my '12 only 3 months... Hello to you from San Antonio, Tx.

We get a Driver's license here at 16 years old, in Texas, but start driving on dirt roads way before that!! Hee Hee

Cheers, Z
Old 03-09-15, 01:09 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

Congrats and welcome.

You'll love the car, and as for modding you can do some simple things that will help ease your cravings, look at the build section and get an idea of what most people do.
Old 03-09-15, 03:11 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Welcome Christopher.

That's an impressive car history for someone who's 22! I was struggling to run a 300ZX twin turbo back then, and a Supra after that!

Being from the UK, I am probably closer than the rest of the guys on here (few others from the UK are members as well).

Have a look at the IS-F section of the Garage Whifbitz online shop. Paul is the leading Supra parts supplier for Europe, and has lots of customers in Sweden, Norway, Finland etc.

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/lexus/is-f.html

He also buys in a lot of stuff from Japan for the Supra's, so can add anything you need to the order. Just email him with what you need, and he will give you a quote.

Enjoy the IS-F. Looks lovely mate.

Cheers.

Peter
Old 03-09-15, 02:38 PM
Hamilton92
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RMA
Looks great, first for me to see a Swedish F on here. Congrats & great color
Thanks! Yeah i haven't seen any other swedish F here on clublexus yet Thanks!

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I dig the F symbol on the front grille. So funny how everyone who gets an F after owning a bimmer says the BMW was a PITA
Forgot to write about the F badge on the grille, love the look of it! Makes the grille look less.. empty Im never buying a BMW without warrenty again

Originally Posted by justjosh
Nice ride!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by digger08
Söta IS F

Digger08
Hahah do u know what that means?

Originally Posted by chris07is
welcome and enjoy the modding. you come by for our meet, here in CA...j/k.lol...im assuming there not much is f there.
Ill come if somebodys wants to pay my flight Or you could come by sweden and come to our car meets filled with old volvos

Originally Posted by ISF4life
10 months and u introduced to just us now? Lol u should ashame to yourself dde1b j/know. Congrats and welcome.
Haha i know, gotta enjoy the car a few months before i start writing on forums

Originally Posted by Gymkata
Welcome and enjoy the ISF. It's been many years, but I ventured across a bridge from Norway and had lunch in Sweden once.
Where in sweden? Probably just over the border?

Originally Posted by Weapon F
Welcome to CL good luck with ISF from NYC
Attachment 356682
Thanks alot!

Originally Posted by zpletcher
Congratulations!!! You have a rare car in Sweden, I am sure...Closest I have been to Sweden is almost 2 years ago when I was cruising the Autobahn in Bavaria, Germany... Too cold there for me.. Ha!

Looks beautiful... You made a great choice....I wanted a BMW 335I badly, but so happy I used my brains and chose ISF instead!!

Had my '12 only 3 months... Hello to you from San Antonio, Tx.

We get a Driver's license here at 16 years old, in Texas, but start driving on dirt roads way before that!! Hee Hee

Cheers, Z
Yeah i dont know how many there are in sweden, but i know that there is less than 10 is-f in the southern part of sweden! Gonna try to head to germany with the F someday, maybe try to track it on the ring or something I know a customer who ususally drives around the ring in his USB is-f

I mostly call the BMW i bought a mistake.. what was i thinking

The minimum age for driver's license is 18 here in sweden

Originally Posted by Defratos
Congrats and welcome.

You'll love the car, and as for modding you can do some simple things that will help ease your cravings, look at the build section and get an idea of what most people do.
Thanks! I already love it.. alot! Ill take a look! My m8 has showed me some vids of ur car on insta btw

Originally Posted by PDP180180
Welcome Christopher.

That's an impressive car history for someone who's 22! I was struggling to run a 300ZX twin turbo back then, and a Supra after that!

Being from the UK, I am probably closer than the rest of the guys on here (few others from the UK are members as well).

Have a look at the IS-F section of the Garage Whifbitz online shop. Paul is the leading Supra parts supplier for Europe, and has lots of customers in Sweden, Norway, Finland etc.

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/lexus/is-f.html

He also buys in a lot of stuff from Japan for the Supra's, so can add anything you need to the order. Just email him with what you need, and he will give you a quote.

Enjoy the IS-F. Looks lovely mate.

Cheers.

Peter

Thank you! It's all about saving money for the things u want 2 buy That's also alot of fun, building and tuning em

I'll take a look and hopefully i won't spend any money after that
Old 03-09-15, 05:21 PM
TranV
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

beautiful car you have there my friend! congrats and welcome...
Old 03-11-15, 10:20 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Hamilton92
Thanks! I already love it.. alot! Ill take a look! My m8 has showed me some vids of ur car on insta btw
I don't have a vid of my car on instagram, just 1 pic from what I remember. But there are a Few ISF in the same area as me, in grey or matt grey.

Quick Reply: Greetings from Sweden!