IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Forgot to mention.... I pulled the trigger.

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-15, 01:46 PM
vbb

Received 197 Likes on 96 Posts

Welcome to the forum and to ISF ownership. It looks like you found quite a good, clean ISF for a very reasonable price! Congrats, the car looks to be mint.

As for the leaky water pump, there is no recall, but it is something that many 08s and some 09s have had. That said, not all of them have it, and there's really no way to tell unless you're looking for it. It could have been missed in an inspection, but don't worry that you've got some sort of hidden defect, because yours might not have it at all. I would just watch my coolant levels over time, and of course if you see a pinkish substance that appears to be free in your engine bay, you know you have the issue.
Here's a good thread on it with pics of what you're looking for: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ink-slime.html
And here's a thread if you want to get the part and DIY: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-question.html

The PM Gearbangin if you need a transmission thing was a joke.

I do think your wheels are on the wrong direction in looking at the pic, but that's been covered already.

As for mods, I also agree that you should drive it a little bit to see how you like it, and then decide. Headers and exhaust are the two best power adders (outside of NO2) but they also increase the volume of your car dramatically, which may or may not be what you're looking for. Suspension mods are not really needed on this car, you can drive as fast as your ability takes you on the track with the stock setup, but I think a slight drop improves the look of the car a lot. The rest of the potential mods are largely a personal preference. I think white is the next best color to black, so the car looks great as it sits!

Congrats again.
Old 03-06-15, 02:31 PM
YotaLex
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PDP180180
Thanks.

Just returning the favour after someone here was kind enough to point out mine were on wrong!

Don't think tire shops appreciate our rims are directional.

To the op, you'll see there are flat blades and then a ridge on each spoke. These should match front and back.

Yours don't at the moment.

Should be ridge/flat as with the rears. Your fronts just need swapping round (passenger front on drivers side, drivers front on passenger side).

Hope that makes sense.
Yes! I see it now!!! Lol... Thank you! Wonderful catch. I swear I didn't notice it...
Old 03-06-15, 03:47 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by YotaLex
Yes! I see it now!!! Lol... Thank you! Wonderful catch. I swear I didn't notice it...
You're very welcome mate.

Glad to help.
Old 03-06-15, 07:17 PM
YotaLex
Driver

Originally Posted by vbb
Welcome to the forum and to ISF ownership. It looks like you found quite a good, clean ISF for a very reasonable price! Congrats, the car looks to be mint.

As for the leaky water pump, there is no recall, but it is something that many 08s and some 09s have had. That said, not all of them have it, and there's really no way to tell unless you're looking for it. It could have been missed in an inspection, but don't worry that you've got some sort of hidden defect, because yours might not have it at all. I would just watch my coolant levels over time, and of course if you see a pinkish substance that appears to be free in your engine bay, you know you have the issue.
Here's a good thread on it with pics of what you're looking for: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ink-slime.html
And here's a thread if you want to get the part and DIY: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-question.html

The PM Gearbangin if you need a transmission thing was a joke.

I do think your wheels are on the wrong direction in looking at the pic, but that's been covered already.

As for mods, I also agree that you should drive it a little bit to see how you like it, and then decide. Headers and exhaust are the two best power adders (outside of NO2) but they also increase the volume of your car dramatically, which may or may not be what you're looking for. Suspension mods are not really needed on this car, you can drive as fast as your ability takes you on the track with the stock setup, but I think a slight drop improves the look of the car a lot. The rest of the potential mods are largely a personal preference. I think white is the next best color to black, so the car looks great as it sits!

Congrats again.
I assumed you were kidding as I've heard great things of the 8 speed lol but I must admit the post did make me cringe at the thought.

I wouldn't mind the car being a little louder but I don't want it to sound like I have no pipes either...

I love this Starfire Pearl color as well... The paint was MINT when I got it... The cats in the neighborhood leave marks on the hood of every car I buy... Plus some chips from the 6 hour ride home... Now I'm already considering getting a matte wrap lol
Old 03-07-15, 08:52 AM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by YotaLex
I assumed you were kidding
Not that you know I'm kidding, That Gearbangin knows I'm kidding.
Old 03-07-15, 10:26 AM
YotaLex
Driver

Hey Guys, checked my coolant out it is on the lower side of things.... I can't find any traces of pink anywhere in the general area where people have spotted it.
Except for maybe the head of this bolt..... What do you think?

I'm going to top it off and keep a closer eye. Guess I should go ahead and get the repair quoted. Is this a repair matter for Lexus or can I also take it to the local Toyota dealer?

One last thing...... What do yall use for coolant the Toyota 50/50 premixed????

Thanks