IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Ordered PPE Headers today

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-15, 12:04 PM
mkritz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bakewalk
I'm actually in Lethbridge but if anyone in Alberta is ever interested in hearing the set up, just let me know... I race in Medicine Hat all the time on their Friday night fun nights as well.
Well hello there! And here I thought I was the only one from Lethbridge on these forums. I currently live in Calgary, but next time I come down I'll have to take a look at your car!

I am also planning on installing PPE headers in the near future. First, I need to buy an exhaust.

M

Last edited by mkritz; 02-27-15 at 12:14 PM.
Old 02-27-15, 04:52 PM
Bakewalk
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mkritz
Well hello there! And here I thought I was the only one from Lethbridge on these forums. I currently live in Calgary, but next time I come down I'll have to take a look at your car!

I am also planning on installing PPE headers in the near future. First, I need to buy an exhaust.

M
HEY!!! I have never seen any other ISF in Lethbridge. I have always told everyone that mine is the only one south of Calgary... Did you have your ISF here at one point? I never saw it.... I put my ISF in the Street Wheelers show every July. You should come down and see it then or meet up with me in medicine hat for some racing some time.
Old 03-01-15, 03:48 PM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

You should be in the 11s running that much nitrous.
Old 03-01-15, 05:25 PM
Bakewalk
Pole Position

Originally Posted by darbs242
You should be in the 11s running that much nitrous.
Awesome! I hope so!!!
Old 05-07-15, 11:32 AM
Bakewalk
Pole Position

The car just went in the shop this morning!!! PPE Headers Ceramic Black Coated and 150 shot of Nitrous with a progressive controller to be installed. I will also have a window switch installed but its not here yet so that will be another month or so away! I also have them installing a line lock so I can do my burnouts with ease!

I will post updated pictures when the car is finished! SO EXCITED!!!
Old 05-14-15, 04:11 PM
ForzaF
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Bakewalk
The car just went in the shop this morning!!! PPE Headers Ceramic Black Coated and 150 shot of Nitrous with a progressive controller to be installed. I will also have a window switch installed but its not here yet so that will be another month or so away! I also have them installing a line lock so I can do my burnouts with ease!

I will post updated pictures when the car is finished! SO EXCITED!!!
Which nitrous kit did you go with?
I'm from Ontario your times are pretty close to mine with the da calculator correction . My best was 12.55@114 slicks Borla and intake.
Old 05-14-15, 04:51 PM
kzlflash
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Nice, you'll love the sound. I just got my car back yesterday. Installed PPE headers with the black ceramic coating. The car definitely sounds more throaty even on light throttle depression. Only crappy part is the smell, but that's it.
Old 05-14-15, 06:02 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by kzlflash
Nice, you'll love the sound. I just got my car back yesterday. Installed PPE headers with the black ceramic coating. The car definitely sounds more throaty even on light throttle depression. Only crappy part is the smell, but that's it.
Just imagine the idling at a Starbucks or fast food drive thru....had an SL550 roadster rev at me from behind because he hated the smell so much. I could hear the obscenities from him- our cars are pretty quiet at idle, I might add. Not my fault he got caught behind me. But to repay him for his cordial nature, I revved right back at him after my girl and I got our drinks. He didn't seem too happy with smoke catching his face.
Old 05-20-15, 03:37 PM
Jmt1011
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone do the PPE exhaust along with the headers? It seems most go with Joe z. I know that is a quality system, but after seeing the quality of the headers, the PPE exhaust must be just as good.
Old 05-20-15, 03:48 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
Just imagine the idling at a Starbucks or fast food drive thru....had an SL550 roadster rev at me from behind because he hated the smell so much. I could hear the obscenities from him- our cars are pretty quiet at idle, I might add. Not my fault he got caught behind me. But to repay him for his cordial nature, I revved right back at him after my girl and I got our drinks. He didn't seem too happy with smoke catching his face.
that doesnt sound like a Brian move to rev back HAHA!

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 05-20-15, 06:07 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,282 Posts

Originally Posted by Jmt1011
Anyone do the PPE exhaust along with the headers? It seems most go with Joe z. I know that is a quality system, but after seeing the quality of the headers, the PPE exhaust must be just as good.
Yes:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...e-muffler.html

LUV IT!!!!!

lou
Old 05-20-15, 08:10 PM
NarsISF
Rookie

Originally Posted by Jmt1011
yes. Here is a few videos of my cousins F that just got PPE headers and exhaust installed with no cats..

(open valve) https://instagram.com/p/2RHZATIeRB/?taken-by=teamisf

(closed valve) https://instagram.com/p/2RG6NeIeQB/?taken-by=teamisf

sounds amazing.
Old 05-21-15, 12:15 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

Sounds awesome, would love to do this to my car if it wasn't a DD (the Nos that is)
Old 05-21-15, 04:12 PM
Bakewalk
Pole Position

I will have PPE with ISS Forged DES and Takeda intake. I will post a vid for sound when its complete. Should be posted by the end of next week.
Old 05-22-15, 08:57 AM
ihiryu
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF2NV
Which nitrous kit did you go with?
I'm from Ontario your times are pretty close to mine with the da calculator correction . My best was 12.55@114 slicks Borla and intake.
I'm also interested in your nitrous setup.

I'm going to go direct port. Been waiting to install it, but had to make sure the ELF was fixed first. They called me to schedule to drop her off at the dealer on monday.

I'll probably only do a 150 shot at most. Are you staying with a single wet nozzle?

Quick Reply: Ordered PPE Headers today