IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

02 heater not ready 02 sensor not ready (Sikky)

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-15, 11:41 AM
abohler
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 heater not ready 02 sensor not ready (Sikky)

I have been reading through other threads for a quite a while and have not seemed to come up with a definitive answer yet.

One person from Ilinois used multiple obdii readings, swapped out 02 sims, and even replaced 02 sensors, just to return the car to stock and give up.

Other guys throw ideas back and forth, and seems like a lot of the threads die out.

In my situation I have run 3 separate obdii's, used two separate 02 sims. and gone through the drive cycle. For both 02 sims the evap monitor came on narrowing the not ready monitors to 2. I assume here the 02 sims are ok if the evap monitor turns on after the drive cycle (not really sure if this is true). But I cannot back track to why the heater and 02 sensor are not working with the 02 sim. Currently running sikky. Just curious why half of us have so many issues, and the other half do not. Any suggestions for next steps would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-26-15, 01:14 PM
EpikOEM
Rookie

Have you always had this issue since the install? Or is this something that started happening after a few miles of use? I have put about 2600+ miles on my Sikky headers and so far, so good.
Old 02-26-15, 03:15 PM
STLblueF
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Are you trying to pass an ODBII emissions test that checks for O2 sensor readiness? I'm interested too, as I wouldn't mind buying headers but my state checks this every 2 years and I don't want to go through having to uninstall / reinstall every 2 years. I was under the impression that the PPE O2 conditioner passes the readiness checks but I would like some others to chime in that have actually done this.
Old 02-27-15, 05:56 AM
BS ISF
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

I was one of the guys having this issue. I was lucky enough to register my car at a family members that is in a county that doesn't have emissions testing. the sikky conditioner only eliminates any cells. it doesn't make the car OBDII emission compliant from my experience.
Old 02-27-15, 07:42 AM
abohler
Driver

Originally Posted by EpikOEM
Have you always had this issue since the install? Or is this something that started happening after a few miles of use? I have put about 2600+ miles on my Sikky headers and so far, so good.
Yeah the 02 sensors have never come on since the install. But the evap monitor came on after the drive cycle was completed.
Old 02-27-15, 07:44 AM
abohler
Driver

Originally Posted by STLblueF
Are you trying to pass an ODBII emissions test that checks for O2 sensor readiness? I'm interested too, as I wouldn't mind buying headers but my state checks this every 2 years and I don't want to go through having to uninstall / reinstall every 2 years. I was under the impression that the PPE O2 conditioner passes the readiness checks but I would like some others to chime in that have actually done this.
Yes I just need to pass obdii, but I am one of the lucky ones that is having this issue.
Old 02-28-15, 06:25 AM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Call sikky, take some pictures. see if its hooked up right.
Old 02-28-15, 08:22 AM
abohler
Driver

Originally Posted by darbs242
Call sikky, take some pictures. see if its hooked up right.
Did that too. They sent over a diagram, and talked us through the issue. Seems as though all is hooked up right.
Old 03-03-15, 08:08 PM
etohprn247
Driver School Candidate

I want these Sikky headers soooo bad but I would not be able to tolerate the Xmas lights. (CEL) How is the drone so far? I already have Joe Z exhaust.....wish I can sit in an F with these mods. so I can bite the bullet.
Old 03-03-15, 10:03 PM
EpikOEM
Rookie

I have the Sikky and Joe Z setup. It is worth it, but I'm awaiting for my inspection to expire to see if I will pass OBDII. I don't have any CEL, a lot of this will be dependent on the installation. Since you are in the DFW area, I would suggest BHP do the install should you want to get the headers. They are in Ft. Worth, so I'm not sure how far you are from there. They did my install and it has been a blast to drive the car ever since.
Old 03-04-15, 01:49 PM
imp0rted1
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BS ISF
. the sikky conditioner only eliminates any cells. it doesn't make the car OBDII emission compliant from my experience.

that sucks to hear
Old 03-09-15, 01:37 PM
abohler
Driver

Originally Posted by imp0rted1
that sucks to hear
I do get that it prevents CEL's, but does that mean that it flat out eliminates the 02 sensor and sensor heater from reading? In essence using an 02 sim prevents you from passing an inspection with more than one readiness monitor?
Old 03-09-15, 03:33 PM
STLblueF
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

That's my understanding. I thought PPE addressed this issue and now uses an O2 conditioner that will pass the readiness test. You may want to give them a call and swap out your O2 sims for the conditioner instead, but just call Paul at PPE and confirm that will work. I can't imagine their conditioner wouldn't work with silky headers.
Old 03-09-15, 04:19 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,943 Likes on 1,369 Posts

^^^^It does and it will.

Lou
Old 03-11-15, 02:55 PM
abohler
Driver

Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^It does and it will.

Lou
So just to confirm the sikky o2 sim will not help cars pass inspection, but the PPE conditioner will?

Note: (Require only 1 readiness monitor not to read, and currently have 2)

Quick Reply: 02 heater not ready 02 sensor not ready (Sikky)